Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Map

Comments

• Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    C
    I sure hope these neighborhoods are huge cause 3 is the lowest number of neighborhoods we’ve gotten in an EP (not counting Seasons of course).

7 - Get Together
    5 - City Living
    4 - Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous
    3 - Island Living

Both Outdoor Retreat and StrangerVille also have 3 neighborhoods and they’re merely GPs.

Get to work has 4? It had one last time I checked and it wins smallest neighborhood by far with only four lots. And this looks significantly bigger in terms of content.

Magnolia Promenade has 1 but Get to Work itself has 4 ;)

What's the fourth one..? From what I know there's only three: Magnolia Promenade, Scientist neighborhood, Civic Center (doctor and detective workplace).

EDIT: Oh, you mean Sixam?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    C
    I sure hope these neighborhoods are huge cause 3 is the lowest number of neighborhoods we’ve gotten in an EP (not counting Seasons of course).

7 - Get Together
    5 - City Living
    3 - Island Living

Both Outdoor Retreat and StrangerVille also have 3 neighborhoods and they’re merely GPs.

Get to work has 4? It had one last time I checked and it wins smallest neighborhood by far with only four lots. And this looks significantly bigger in terms of content.

What's the fourth one..? From what I know there's only three: Magnolia Promenade, Scientist neighborhood, Civic Center (doctor and detective workplace).

Sixam.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I just hope there are plenty of item spawners and such in the open (non-lot) areas -- that's my biggest disappointment with Strangerville.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    C

7 - Get Together
    5 - City Living
    3 - Island Living

yes sixam is the 4th
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’m part of the sims elite group on Facebook and a simmer is currently at E3 testing the sims and she said that there are 13 playable lots
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    XgqbUxo.png
    This image is not in good resolution, but comparing to the other angles in the video, I'm pretty sure there are 14 lots, unless there are some hidden lots as well.

I think there's another one there just below and slightly to the left of no.12.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Of the 14 how many are empty?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Of the 14 how many are empty?

Looks like about 8 of them? Might be wrong though :/
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited June 2019
    BabySquare wrote: »

@BabySquare I think it's a community area seen in the EA Play stream:

x1JAHYY.jpg

I assumed we could edit the building like we can edit parks in other worlds, but I don't see a white outline in the map view so maybe not?

• Options
    bizuktag wrote: »

x1JAHYY.jpg

I assumed we could edit the building like we can edit parks in other worlds, but I don't see a white outline in the map view so maybe not?

Ah interesting, thanks. :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

x1JAHYY.jpg

If the food carts spawn there then it's definitely a common area.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ^ Hopefully we can edit it. I like the general idea/layout but I'd want to redecorate.
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    ...buy multiple properties...

Like one Sim Family has multiple homes - vacation homes?

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Someone on Reddit who got to play it said it has 13 lots. So slightly bigger than DSV
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

x1JAHYY.jpg

This would be a great place for a wedding. Because it's not a vacation world, you can invite friends and family to the ceremony and have a luau afterward.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I assume it wouldn’t be that many lots since we have a lot of gameplay features. For example, some people had complained a lot about get together not having a lot of features or gameplay but we had several lots instead. I think they try to find a balance with the resources they have but EA holds the purse strings for this franchise unfortunately and given that the engine itself is very limited to past games because EA didn’t even want to restart from scratch when the original mobile idea didn’t work this plays a big part in the amount of lots and limitations. All of which is nothing new and won’t change. - Rene
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looks to be about 13 lots to me. I wish we could read the neighborhood descriptions.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    C

7 - Get Together
    5 - City Living
    3 - Island Living

And Forgotten Hollow has 5. Wish it was bigger, I'm getting really sick of the lots we have there.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Just noticed something. I was looking at the interactions in the water and it said too cloudy to sunbathe.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I've been waiting for this pack since launch, so I am very happy that we're finally getting it! However, I feel crushed that it seems like we won't be getting scuba diving - just snorkeling. I dearly want deep sea diving, but if it isn't in this pack, we're probably not getting it at all in TS4 bc we wouldn't get another tropical themed pack (unless EA decides to make a scuba diving adventure GP, which I wouldn't be apposed to, but would believe to be a rip-off bc it should be part of Island Living).

The world looks very vibrant and beautiful, but yeah I wanted a Tiki theme, so I can't help but feel disappointed about the world style. Just my opinion, though.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I've been waiting for this pack since launch, so I am very happy that we're finally getting it! However, I feel crushed that it seems like we won't be getting scuba diving - just snorkeling. I dearly want deep sea diving, but if it isn't in this pack, we're probably not getting it at all in TS4 bc we wouldn't get another tropical themed pack (unless EA decides to make a scuba diving adventure GP, which I wouldn't be apposed to, but would believe to be a rip-off bc it should be part of Island Living).

The world looks very vibrant and beautiful, but yeah I wanted a Tiki theme, so I can't help but feel disappointed about the world style. Just my opinion, though.

Someone who played it said we get both snorkeling and scuba diving
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2019

In Sims 3, when Sims swim on the surface, you can't see through the water. So Dive Lots became necessary (despite the fact they often cause the game to crash, for Sims to reset on the nearest island, or for the game to lag) that was the only way for us to see what Sims were doing underwater.

It seems with Island Living, we can see through the water to the ocean floor, and there are screenshots of Sims not just swimming on the water, but also underwater. So hopefully that means we can scuba dive, but it doesn't require us to have a *dive lot*.

https://simscommunity.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/The-Sims-4™-Island-Living-Official-Reveal-Trailer-066.jpg
    https://simscommunity.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/The-Sims-4™-Island-Living-Official-Reveal-Trailer-055.jpg

• Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't understand why 14 lots are considered as too less by some...
    I think 14 is enough. I just think that a really beautiful, detailed world and a lot of gameplay is way more important
    than few lots more.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »
    I don't understand why 14 lots are considered as too less by some...
    I think 14 is enough. I just think that a really beautiful, detailed world and a lot of gameplay is way more important
    than few lots more.

13-14 is sufficient for me (hopefully). I think maybe some people (myself included) were really disappointed in how few lots there were in Del Sol. I found it almost unplayable in that world until I decided that Oasis Springs was a short car drive away for my sims, so in my game I use it almost as an extension of Del Sol.

I didn’t even mind the size of Del Sol until I played it and realized it was just too small for what I wanted. I think and hope 13-14 lots will be ok but I really can’t be sure until I start playing. Particularly because in my game Sulani will be a remote, isolated place. Sims will rarely travel from the island elsewhere.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sigh. Of course it's only around 14 lots. Expansion pack worlds should've always had at least 20 lots. I don't want to even think about what size the university world will be. I guess we can say goodbye to worlds with 20 lots or more. Ridiculous.

If we ever get a Farming EP, I hate to think what size it will be. I would like the largest lots made available as I played 64x64 a bunch on Sims3. Also, This IL EP does give me some hope as to being able to get a great Farming EP in that it is packed with a bunch of new things and things to do, plus real interactions with more than one animal; they said the dolphin was one of what sims can interact with, so that is a relief.

As far as Uni, I hope they drop the party stuff and make it about what it should be about, education. I'm hoping daycare, pre-school, elementary, high school, and college are available. That would take up at least 5 spots and then there would be hopefully spaces for dorms and housing. Perfect time to free infants as well, if not before. I'm hoping babysitting comes back with it as well as a career. For the teacher, she could start out at daycare and as she levels up, could get a job at pre- school and on up the ladder till she is a college professor. If it is too much, I would at least like elementary and high school in with it.

As far as the IL map, a larger one is always better, but they have more in this EP than I ever expected, so for the moment, I'm happy. We could always bulldoze and add our own stuff.