Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Map

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2019
    A little clearer maybe:
    map.png

And this one:
    world-map.png

There's definitely at least 5 in that bottom right hand corner, but I think @bizuktag is right and there are 6. If you look at the top map you can see a white outline of the Lot across the road.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Okay I now see 12-13. The bottom has 4 lots not 6 I think. There is a house/building there that in another screenshot I saw has no icon or outline it’s just dressing for the map. And in the bottom towards the road I don’t know if that’s a lot or not is super hard to tell it’s so dark. Could be but might not be.

I wanna say I think this generous for an island world. Look at how huge the map is!!!

Four of the lots in the bottom hood show an icon above them (visible in my first cap, along with the neighborhood icon). The other two lots, on the right, both appear to have an outline around them (it can be hard to see based on the angle and light reflection). That's why I count 6.

7cGnJw5.jpg

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited June 2019
    I sure hope these neighborhoods are huge cause 3 is the lowest number of neighborhoods we’ve gotten in an EP (not counting Seasons of course).

7 - Get Together
    5 - City Living
    4 - Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous
    3 - Island Living

Both Outdoor Retreat and StrangerVille also have 3 neighborhoods and they’re merely GPs.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Real question for me is, what new type of lots will they include?
    Its nice to have lots, but if there is a lack of creativity or possibilities in what to build on them as community lots, then it does not mean that much.
    It seems no hotel lot in included, no property owning. I dont get it, it is such a simple feature and it would be the perfect time to add it in. It should be on their priority list by now. Are we not showing our voices enough on this matter?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    edited June 2019
    Its nice to have lots, but if there is a lack of creativity or possibilities in what to build on them as community lots, then it does not mean that much.
    It seems no hotel lot in included, no property owning. I dont get it, it is such a simple feature and it would be the perfect time to add it in. It should be on their priority list by now. Are we not showing our voices enough on this matter?

Perhaps they save hotels/owned vacation lots for a later pack. Avoiding it to be exclusive for IL? It might take more tweaking if such a feature shall be used in all existing worlds.

PS: I really want hotels or pensions etc. I was hoping for that in this pack, but it's fine that it's not in, because then I'm in no hurry to get this new EP. My game is full, kinda, so I must be very selective to what more I add.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I counted 14 and there could be some secret lots as well that we don't about. As long as the lots aren't tiny, I am fine with it (lol I tend to just move out premade sims for my own sims, so they are usually on their own if there is no space). I am more excited to see what they would look like and swimming in the ocean along with all the gameplay plus I tend to remove lots like museums, gyms, etc...as one of each is just fine and makes room for houses and other lots.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    More than I expected, so I'm pleased.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm very curious about that shipwreck site.
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    I watched the video, and yep, its 14 lots. More than Del Sol Valley, but still not enough! Should be 20+ at least.
    Once again an expansion pack world size manages to disappoint!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    If it’s 14, then that’s better than what I expected. :smile:

Better than three-four, that’s for sure.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Because the first thing someone is going to do when they get into a game like this is buy multiple properties. We have no clue if this is coming or not. Hotels obviously no, but multiple properties is a very real possibility. Also the icon for multiple properties probably won’t be any different than the normal property one. So this is still possible but it has also been talked about only here no remote confirmation. I’m thinking if it’s coming it’s in an update if it’s coming. They have said very little about the update so far.

Also yes I can see the outline on that one lot now thank you for posting a clearer picture.
  • Options
    Looks great to me! I was afraid that with mermaids, swimming, several careers, a volcano and other new gameplay features, the map itself would be neglected and only have five lots or so, and now we're getting three times as much. I'm satisfied!

People love comparing everything to Windenburg, forgetting that the pack Windenburg came with had pretty much nothing else going for it, except the clubs, which aren't even as elaborate as they should be. I'll always take a smaller map with more gameplay features over the opposite, and this one isn't even small, it's medium-sized, still bigger than Del Sol Valley, StrangerVille, Forgotten Hollow, Magnolia Promenade and both vacation worlds.

👏🏻👏🏻 Yes this. Exactly this.
  • Options
    C
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I sure hope these neighborhoods are huge cause 3 is the lowest number of neighborhoods we’ve gotten in an EP (not counting Seasons of course).

7 - Get Together
    5 - City Living
    3 - Island Living

Both Outdoor Retreat and StrangerVille also have 3 neighborhoods and they’re merely GPs.

Get to work has 4? It had one last time I checked and it wins smallest neighborhood by far with only four lots. And this looks significantly bigger in terms of content.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sigh. Of course it's only around 14 lots. Expansion pack worlds should've always had at least 20 lots. I don't want to even think about what size the university world will be. I guess we can say goodbye to worlds with 20 lots or more. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Same size as Brindleton Bay. 15 lots.

Most are larger lots it seems though.

@3:30 and again at @7:30

It's hard to see all of them, but they are there :) Not every lot has a marker on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE4odjplS0w

Larger than Get Famous which I like, Brindleton Bay/Newcrest is as small as I'd want it to get though :/

I guess the City Living/Windenburg sized worlds are behind us now.

Random off topic question....are they gonna get in trouble showing this? Since the embargo is lifted June 11th???
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    It looks fine to me. At least it's more than Del Sol Valley. It will probably be my favorite world.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    XgqbUxo.png
    This image is not in good resolution, but comparing to the other angles in the video, I'm pretty sure there are 14 lots, unless there are some hidden lots as well.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    With no option to add lots or alter the landscape I will take the 14, I rather wait for an official count from EA/Maxis. I am glad this release is under two weeks and not a month or two. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Another point to consider when thinking about the map is the space we will be dealing with inbetween lots and the over all neighborhood size. Because the EP focuses on the water so much it looks like the neighborhoods will be huge with lots of reefs, canals and open water between lots. They have boats and canoes specifically for moving around places at a faster pace. The whole entire play area looks like an island for each neighborhood.

I think the opening shot in the trailer isn't the whole EP world but the last neighborhood in the back with the shipwreck. And that's just one island, we still have two more.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Another point to consider when thinking about the map is the space we will be dealing with inbetween lots and the over all neighborhood size. Because the EP focuses on the water so much it looks like the neighborhoods will be huge with lots of reefs, canals and open water between lots. They have boats and canoes specifically for moving around places at a faster pace. The whole entire play area looks like an island for each neighborhood.

I think the opening shot in the trailer isn't the whole EP world but the last neighborhood in the back with the shipwreck. And that's just one island, we still have two more.

I'm sure you're right.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    As long as there's space for a couple of bungalows, a bar, a nightclub, a vacation souvenir shop, a clothing store, some sort of family entertainment venue, and a couple of restaurants, I'm good.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    C
    elelunicy wrote: »

7 - Get Together
    5 - City Living
    3 - Island Living

Get to work has 4? It had one last time I checked and it wins smallest neighborhood by far with only four lots. And this looks significantly bigger in terms of content.

Magnolia Promenade has 1 but Get to Work itself has 4 ;)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Same size as Brindleton Bay. 15 lots.

Most are larger lots it seems though.

@3:30 and again at @7:30

It's hard to see all of them, but they are there :) Not every lot has a marker on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE4odjplS0w

Larger than Get Famous which I like, Brindleton Bay/Newcrest is as small as I'd want it to get though :/

I guess the City Living/Windenburg sized worlds are behind us now.

I'm so glad the fishtail doesn't actually clip through the CAS "floor". It was bothering me to no end in the EA Play livestream ahahha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This pack has got to be one of the best.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I'm very curious about that shipwreck site.[/
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This pack has got to be one of the best.

me to :) happy for the pack after seeing the trailer. can't wait for the launch trailer B)
    pity swimming seem only for this new world but hell I will move there :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon