Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like your sims' financial situation to be?

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Other. (Please specify, my dude!)
    I enjoy the entirety of a rags-to-riches story.
  • Options
    PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    It depends on the story.
    It totally depends on my story, i think I had it all, rich families or poor ones.
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    It depends on the story.
    I have mostly played comfortably and old money inherited by elder family members. Right now I'm trying the rags to riches challenge. This is probably the only one I haven't tried.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    “Other” for all of the above. :D
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I like having my Sims living in comfortable, yet modest homes with enough room on the lot for a swimming pool, gardening area and space for family activities that suit the seasons. I have a mod that allows my Sims to donate up to 50,000 Simoleans to charity because having more than 40,000 Simoleans in their money account is too much for me to handle. LOL I like to watch my Sims and their families doing activities and putting them in a huge mansion with too many rooms takes some of the fun out of the game for me. Pets and kids have plenty of room to wander around and play yet I can easily keep an eye on every member of the family should something happen. For me, having too much money is worse than not having enough. My Sims give lots of expensive gifts to NPC friends as well. And between giving to charity and doling out expensive gifts, I can keep their lifestyle pretty basic and realistic.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I motherlode whatever money I need because I like to play without thinking about money at all.
    I've always been a money cheater, since TS1, since I first found out about cheats. But when I think about it, I usually cheat in money at the beginning, to build my sims houses. I give them what they need, what I think they should have, and a bit of luxury. Not always the most expensive, but at least so they can do all their skill building and whatever at home, not having to travel for everything. Whatever is left, will have to last until they can comfortably live off their job.

If they get too much money, I've been known to cheat AWAY money too. It goes both ways.

Of course, doing a runaway teen or Rags to riches (also eXtreme!), they live off the land, no matter how painful it is for them (and me!).
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I love that rush when I have 2 simoleons left after breeding frogs to pay the bills.
    I love starting with zero money and no house. The challenge and struggle is a lot of fun, and tells an interesting story with just how you decide to spend or save what money is earned. It makes that generation 8 old money all the more amazing.

My favorite was still probably when I started with nothing, and around generation 8 (sleazy officer sim in avatar) they were doing well...until suddenly I had fewer sims than usual in the household and my money (they never got 'that' rich, I didn't race for promotions, etc) started to tank bad. Suddenly the family had super high bills and not enough to pay them.

My generation 9 criminal heir resorted to making and selling counterfeit voodoo dolls from the basement with his grandfather's old cloning device to get by.

The story of a family's rise and fall.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I love that rush when I have 2 simoleons left after breeding frogs to pay the bills.
    I currently struggling keeping money above 2k playing single freelancer dad with 2 toddlers, it's fun playing this way.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I like to start off struggling, progress to financial stability, and ultimately reach financial freedom. The latter two steps happen a bit too quickly, though.
    Same!

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have sims who are well off, and others who are poor, and those who are in between. I don't use motherlode. I try to play as realistically as possible. Been that way since The Sims. So my sims have to save up for things that they want from clothing (when I get them new outfits I remove money from household funds), to electronics, to even homes.

I have a mod that allows sims to get a loan, and that's how the majority have gotten their houses. I also have them take out a load to remodel if they don't have enough money.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2019
    It depends on the story.
    This is probably the first iteration that I almost never use money cheats (in certain saves I'll use them initially to put a family in a specific build. Ex: Addams family). I do love having some families with tons of money and living in mansions but I play on long life and it's pretty easy to get there. I've been really enjoying rags to riches gameplay basing them on themes or skills. That way I get both the struggle and then the luxury. Although mansions can be a struggle to navigate.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I use motherlode to buy a comfortable house, then my Sims live off what they can make.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited May 2019
    I want my sims to live within the means their job allows but still have a comfortable life.
    I find your option explanation very interesting. frog breeding? :D

I do not like to cheat with money, that takes the whole fun out of the game for me. I play VERY intense and I take my game very serious. No place for weird things, only realism and that means struggle sometimes. That's what I LOVE!

In a fresh new save: when I start off with a household it depends on their story. But usually, they are pretty normal. Maybe I only build a proper house for them with the desired look and then move on to generation play. Whatever happens, happens. Money wise in this case.
    I am for example now on generation 4 and i decided to (for the first time) use a sort of heritage system from the house of their parents. I find it sad that the game does not provide anything like this. So when their parents died, I shared the house value between the kids.
    But that money was finished pretty fast even though all their kids started of in an apartment, so nothing to buy there.

My sims basically naturally get rich or not. One of the kids, really worked hard and is now a little famous, social media expert and lives in a very expensive and big apartment. While her brother, who lives in the cheapest apartment, wins his money from dj-en in nightclubs and producing tracks. Another brother just bought a very expensive house and is now living with very less money trying to pay off his debt and furnish his house. I want him to have a 'decent' but good income to provide a good life for a small family. Their other sister married, had a little struggle at the beginning before her husband got better at his profession of being an archeologist and now they have a good situation too.
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Give me that generation 8 of a legacy challenge old money wealth!
    @FurSimsOfficial frog breeding is just the first thing that popped into my mind when I think about my barely getting by sims haha
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I used money cheats since The Sims, every household I made never had any money worries and all the best stuff from the beginning. I kept telling myself I wouldn't do it again and it wasn't until Sims 4 that I swore I'd never use money cheats like that again. Now I love the struggle and challenge of building from scratch I actually start getting bored if they have too much money now.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I want my sims to live within the means their job allows but still have a comfortable life.
    The absolute worst thing the devs could have done was to put money trees in the game. :# Until then my sims were never rich by any means...it's only been since money trees that my sims could afford to go on a vacation. Now that I have money trees, I don't want them anymore. I have 2 couples who have more money than ever, million type money and they still live in the same house only with MUCH better stuff. I had never been able to have my sims buy the top of the line anything because of the prices. I always start out with a single sim on a 30x20 lot or bigger because I know I will remodel...I can't see my sims in those gigantic mansions, I'd lose them for sure. They are beautiful but way too big for my tastes.

I have to say, budgeting is more fun than squandering money like a drunken sailor, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I like "room for improvement."
    I am someone who absolutely adores gaining simoleons while playing. I like to start dirt poor and do everything in my power to make more. I like being filthy rich as much as I like not being able to afford a toilet and a bed so you buy a bush, lol! I just like knowing that I've earned it.

Problem is, there's a max simoleon count and I keep hitting it! I try and move my sim out on their own to start again from the basics, but it feels kinda bad knowing that if I wanted more I 'lost' all that other money I earned. Part of me wishes there wasn't a cap. On the other hand, it's fun to struggle again, too?
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    It depends on the story.
    keenow wrote: »
    I am someone who absolutely adores gaining simoleons while playing. I like to start dirt poor and do everything in my power to make more. I like being filthy rich as much as I like not being able to afford a toilet and a bed so you buy a bush, lol! I just like knowing that I've earned it.

Problem is, there's a max simoleon count and I keep hitting it! I try and move my sim out on their own to start again from the basics, but it feels kinda bad knowing that if I wanted more I 'lost' all that other money I earned. Part of me wishes there wasn't a cap. On the other hand, it's fun to struggle again, too?

What is the max simoleon count? I've never reached it, guess I spend too much.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    It depends on the story.
    i want my sims to be middle class or wealthy, but only if they earned it. Because Its more fun when you dont cheat any aspects of the game.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @treece01 Honestly the max simoleon count is pretty high. The max is 9,999,999. I less than 10 million. BUT I play on long lifespan and my sims tend to make a few million per life.
  • Options
    keenow wrote: »

@keenow Do you play on long? Or how do you keep hitting the max count!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    It depends on the story.
    I play in rotation, so it all depends on what kind of story i want to play. I have rich families, young adults trying to establish new career, vampire-human newlyweds who struggle with their food deli business, and so on.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    It depends on the story.
    Depends on the story. I play rotationally so I have families living paycheck to paycheck, selling collectibles last minute to meet bills, and have others with thousands upon thousands. My edited Goth family has the most I believe, 200K in household funds and 260K in a vault.

Edit: I use free real estate cheat to give the rich fams their mansions and then would set their money to something above 50k depending on the family. Middle class sims would use free real estate but not be cheated any cash. The "lower class" sims would either get a starter home, or one using free real estate but have their money cheated down, so they can struggle with bills.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    Depends on the story. I play rotationally so I have families living paycheck to paycheck, selling collectibles last minute to meet bills, and have others with thousands upon thousands. My edited Goth family has the most I believe, 200K in household funds and 260K in a vault.

Edit: I use free real estate cheat to give the rich fams their mansions and then would set their money to something above 50k depending on the family. Middle class sims would use free real estate but not be cheated any cash. The "lower class" sims would either get a starter home, or one using free real estate but have their money cheated down, so they can struggle with bills.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense that the Goths have a lot of money!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2019
    It depends on the story.
    I have a big rotation, so I have it a little of all. My main (1st sim in my main game). Started off in a starter home in Oasis Springs, moved to a little bigger house in Willow creak, now lives in a nice sized house in Windenburg with a pool, hot tub etc. and she earned it, but, she is my sim of all trades who doesn’t have a real job.She mostly gardens, because of seasons has a green house now. She also goes to the local science building and uses their microscope.to make money, she can also paint, and fish, and is my collector. She has made her own way, and now owns a little business, and has about 250,000. But her bills are not so cheap, and she goes on vacation in the jungle and Granite falls fairly often. There are some bugs she has had problems catching..... so many I haven’t seen with any of my sims there. I cheat with a few families like the Landgrabs, Goths, Calientes, and in one other well to do family I made. The main reason I cheat with them is to set up businesses. I don’t really have them run them, but I have stores and such and they need to make( or have live in workers make) food or objects to sell.....and I consider they had inherited wealth. A couple of families are poor and struggle. I keep the job level low for them, and they go out a lot and spend money, usually live in apartments or small homes. I have a few self made families which are doing well enough to have a very comfortable life. It kind of depends how much I have played the families on their wealth and what they have usually. But, all my families/roommates are different so I don’t get bored. even though my aging is off most of the time. I don’t enjoy legacies much, I might enjoy them more if sims had to buy their clothes, and they couldn’t get free food from the fridge. I hope sims 5 five makes you buy clothing ( would add more fun and a reason for going to clothing stores). I also hope they charge for any meals you don’t make that come from the fridge. But I really enjoy my rotational families. They interact with each other, are in clubs with each other, and the kids and teenagers know each other. I have a bit over 150 sims...... I hope they will increase the amount of sims you can have going to 64 bit only. I play many families that come with the packs as well as my own.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on