Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like your sims' financial situation to be?

Do you like that panicked feeling when bills are due? Or do you prefer to spend your motherlode simoleons without having to think about it?
giphy.gif

What do you like your sims' financial situation to be? 248 votes

I love that rush when I have 2 simoleons left after breeding frogs to pay the bills.
14%
Bluefairy286Simmervillesimm621cchant86moltaziaScarbo27JennyggSimplyJenmannannaAdria22LindsaySeddon1wormstache999Toddly13CogshellTechbiltx_Always_Heart_xEnkiSchmidtCookie o' CrumbleHermioneGranger73shnaileh 37 votes
I want my sims to live within the means their job allows but still have a comfortable life.
28%
auroraael14Frn0731vancanuckfan86bshag4lvicmnfrshStellaInterpolPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarCorkysPetalsBrokenChaos69SusanaLeotebabajayneSimQueenie9freindlylolJestTrugoodcakebaker62SxcDannii202MindofySimGuruGrahamLustianicia 71 votes
Give me that generation 8 of a legacy challenge old money wealth!
4%
Mizz_TriceyzagboorulesstehlampeMarch306cat_momcoolsim9999999TurquoisePapayaEvalyn326MaiaPlaysSimsSomebodySomeplace 10 votes
I motherlode whatever money I need because I like to play without thinking about money at all.
7%
Isb917BloosmooinvisiblgirlLizzychicagoBriel24taydevPlumbobCrossingEchovacatitude5KathykinsShira3000AHolyToiletbaranoutabirdonawireLudditeBorgcitysimmerE1izabeth_Averyxeno_genesisrosec63s 19 votes
It depends on the story.
36%
Akl500Papisarski2002Kita5399IceyJColorist40SleepycatDSLWritin_RegMeteoraStormStrangerthanThunderbat87elanorbretonPipersfun2AlexizeMariefoxprice83BoergeAarg61loubylouloubarracuda1574sekojranaN0NoTToN0NHimRumi 91 votes
Other. (Please specify, my dude!)
8%
Poekie03Goth583haloujaGoldenBuffyPaigeisin5SimpkinBagoas77KirbySkywalkerkeenowduhboy2u2xKay_luvxnotasmokealarm09DevilNDisguisegodzilla166mebagl15JojoMOMSTEROEII1001CupidGeniusSimmerGirlHeroics 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited May 2019
    It depends on the story.
    When I play for the sake of playing the game, I use no money cheats, so it's a little hard at first, but my sims become rich very easily.
    For stories it really depends on what type of sim I'm trying to portray.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    When I play for the sake of playing the game, I use no money cheats, so it's a little hard at first, but my sims become rich very easily.
    For stories it really depends on what type of sim I'm trying to portray.

That makes a lot of sense, I have the same "trouble", the households very quickly have a lot of money. Especially since I like to keep as many people in the household as possible, which usually means a bunch of adults, all of whom have jobs.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I love that rush when I have 2 simoleons left after breeding frogs to pay the bills.
    I rarely used money cheat, but I do use freerealestate though, but thing is my sims get rich pretty easily, I like playing the game when their household funds is below 10k.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I like to start off struggling, progress to financial stability, and ultimately reach financial freedom. The latter two steps happen a bit too quickly, though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    I like to start off struggling, progress to financial stability, and ultimately reach financial freedom. The latter two steps happen a bit too quickly, though.

Yeah, once the money starts coming in, it really starts coming in!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I want my sims to live within the means their job allows but still have a comfortable life.
    I like for my sims to have a decent amount of money. This way my sims can pay the bills, but still have enough to get new things.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    For some reason I can't vote but if I could I'd vote for "I love that rush when I have 2 simoleons left after breeding frogs to pay the bills" because there's nothing more fun than furnishing your sims house when you barely have any money :D
  • Options
    Koteyka wrote: »
    For some reason I can't vote but if I could I'd vote for "I love that rush when I have 2 simoleons left after breeding frogs to pay the bills" because there's nothing more fun than furnishing your sims house when you barely have any money :D

Haha, yeah, the feeling of success you get when you can finally buy a new piece of furniture is great!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I basically start the game with two sims in a starter home. I use the remaining funds to purchase money making items such as an easel or a planter bed, which I then go around looking for plants (though I purchase garlic seeds because otherwise they ALWAYS get bitten.) Every moment they aren't working or doing work related tasks or taking care of basic needs, they are working on their money making skills like painting or gardening.

By week 3 they're pretty well off and I can usually make additions to their house or get better appliances.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited May 2019
    I like the challenge of my sims being poor, but then I realize later being poor isn't very fun. I downloaded low pay part time jobs for adults and it was quite depressing.:(
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like them to live on their jobs. But as people has said before me, it's too easy to be rich. I play legacies and at the 3rd they are rich. There's when I get bored and start over.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It depends on the story.
    Money is rarely the focus of my gameplay and "free real state" is often on. It all depends on the household and their story how wealthy I allow/picture them to be. My main household live fairly comfortably, but I don't play them as rich. They still have to work to pay the rent and provide for themselves/their family.
  • Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    So I like to use the money cheat first as a sort of inheritance and put my sims in a large house. After that, I don't use the money cheat anymore and simply let things play out to how responsible my sims are with their money.

For example, I just started a new sim family. The Witt's. The household is comprised of a mother, Alaina, and her teen daughter, Kendall. Alaina inherited 1.5 million simoleons from her father, a famous crime boss. Alaina is a snob and is keen on spending money on all the finest things to add to the mansion her father left her. Alaina clearly isn't wise like her father and is also following in the criminal footsteps of her father. As of now, it doesn't look like Alaina will be able to hold onto that money. Kendall, however, though snobby like her mother, has a green thumb and is doing well, selling plants and the like. So, we'll see how it goes.
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I pretty much always do the rags to riches challenge when starting a new game, pretty much any new game, except in Sims 2, that game is difficult all on its own without cheats to me lol. But I absolutely LOVE that struggle of constantly not having enough, of working my sim from the bottom to rich, in Sims 4 it feels like it only takes a few days to reach rich compared to other versions but I have mods that add some extra difficulty - like having unplanned kiddos. It still isn't enough difficulty to my liking but I'm still going through mods and trying to find some that make the game less perfect utopia and more you chose the wrong answer on a chance card you're fired.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I like them to live comfortably, but I will use cheats if I need to.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It depends on the story.
    Depends on the story. I like to have a variety of rich and poor Sims to make the game seem more realistic.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I motherlode whatever money I need because I like to play without thinking about money at all.
    I occasionally play a rags-to-riches save, but I see the Sims as the dream dollhouse for which I can have anything - no more making side tables out of pizza box inserts. Also, when I build a house, I have enough trouble just getting things to match.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited May 2019
    My sims tend to be ludicrously wealthy and living in small homes. The two go together, because my Sims are constantly making money and I practically never spend it. Part of the reason is I've grown to prefer functional homes over pretty or necessarily realistic ones, and part of the reason is I've gotten lazy. I'm not going to build a whole room for someone when I can just stick in a twin bed in the study. My first Sims 4 family went to 15 generations before I grew bored of it, and they had the same exact house and layout for 11 of those generations.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Every time I have used money cheats, I have regretted it later when they’ve earned more money than they could spend. It just takes a little patience to get there, but so satisfying to upgrade their furniture, appliances and house as they’ve worked for it. If you have money trees, it’s even faster and more sustainable to get a better house.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    It depends on the story.
    I often use money cheats. For a start, I use motherlode to making a good home. Later, I often use money for paying bills or deal with expenses of my choice.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like my sims to live comfortably from their work earnings. I don't ever cheat money and I don't like it when the accumulate to much. Once I had a family win the lottery and it kinda ruined my enjoyment of playing that family. :D
  • Options
    My sims tend to be ludicrously wealthy and living in small homes. The two go together, because my Sims are constantly making money and I practically never spend it. Part of the reason is I've grown to prefer functional homes over pretty or necessarily realistic ones, and part of the reason is I've gotten lazy. I'm not going to build a whole room for someone when I can just stick in a twin bed in the study. My first Sims 4 family went to 15 generations before I grew bored of it, and they had the same exact house and layout for 11 of those generations.

Wow! That's really different from what I do! I hate playing in those super functional, non-realistic houses. I want all the clutter!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2019
    I enjoy both the struggling and the super-rich sims (the struggling a bit more), but not the stage in-between. When they are at the point where the bills are assured to be paid, but they can still only upgrade a little bit with each paycheque that gets boring quickly.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt That's an interesting perspective!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    When my legacy family has too much money, I move to a new house/lot. I'm on gen 16 now and they only have 4 thousand lol I've never had millions or even one million. I go into panic mode when I have close to 100K. Oh when I move to a new house/lot I always leave someone, probably a spare heir's sibling, behind with the money so I basically start over with only 20K.

Sometimes it gets frustrating though when I've moved them on and empty lot and try to build their house with the money they keep earning but they earn too little for the ideas I have for the house. But it gives so much gameplay. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)