Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the snow-depth a deal breaker?

Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Is the snow-depth a deal breaker? 192 votes

Yes it is! I am not purchasing Seasons
9%
Eingebildershazaam1Nelus06Bon06geoffreypaMoodbeamyMikado-chanDynvaSanriel85SavvySimmieSimplyBreaaws200lucyshawWulfsimmersimplysims25EliharbBookworkgirlItsJanier 18 votes
No it isn't! Still buying the pack
90%
BjDabomb24CK213PallystyleIcewolfalan650111IceyJaprilroseLomelindi7aelias24VkittyAngel_mixTheLibrarySimAesir26Writin_RegAlrynnkeekee53SnuffyBucketIrdiwenAnmirlaCherryrose_x 174 votes

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Oh heck no! I think the whole kerfuffle is silly being as we've only seen 1 minute and a half trailer and really know very little, and besides there is so much more in this pack as far as gameplay goes and effect on our Sims even if the snow isn't covering their shoes I'm so excited for this pack for so many reasons. Like now old challenges that require starting with nothing actually an element of actual consequences if you don't accumulate enough money to build shelter, especially before winter.
  • Options
    RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    Whilst it would be nice to have snow depth, I don't mind not having it. The only reason I liked snow depth in previous games was because certain actions and activities could only be done with deep snow, and I would cheat to get that level of snow. But from what I've seen you can do those activities in the regular snow from the trailer. We've only seen a few clips of snow from the trailer and so there might still be snow depth for all we know, They aren't going to show every little detail in a trailer because then what would be left for us to explore?
  • Options
    BellanotBellaBellanotBella Posts: 14 New Member
    I honestly don't believe some Simmers don't understand how much time and effort goes into a pack like this. It's sad to see Simmers turning sour upon scrutinising every tiny detail and picking apart the pack. In my opinion, I absolutely cannot wait for this pack, snow accumulation or not! :D
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Of course not! I have waited too long for seasons to be so broken up over silly looking snow that I wouldn’t buy the pack. I play a lot of older games, and believe me, they look a lot worse than the flat snow in Sims 4. I’m not one to think graphics or visuals are a deal breaker in general.
  • Options
    floralfloral Posts: 10 New Member
    Though snow accumulation would look pretty, not having it definitely isn't a deal breaker. Seasons is always my favourite expansion pack, and I'm more interested in gameplay rather than graphics.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Oh heck no! I think the whole kerfuffle is silly being as we've only seen 1 minute and a half trailer and really know very little, and besides there is so much more in this pack as far as gameplay goes and effect on our Sims even if the snow isn't covering their shoes I'm so excited for this pack for so many reasons. Like now old challenges that require starting with nothing actually an element of actual consequences if you don't accumulate enough money to build shelter, especially before winter.

This! ^^
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Wasn't there a poll just like this already?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Not at all a deal breaker. Although the snow was beautiful, winter was my least favorite season in prior games. I'd usually set it for a couple of days.
  • Options
    Wasn't there a poll just like this already?

My poll is similar but didn't ask if the snow level is a deal breaker. Just wether or not it is important.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940468/snow-accumulation-in-seasons-how-important-is-it-to-you/p1
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Nope, deeper snow isn't very important to me unless it prevents my Sims from actually travelling outside their houses because other than that there's not much you could do with deep snow that you can't already do with low snow.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It doesn't even matter. Why would I not purchase a pack filled with content over a tiny decision that i can barely notice?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Nope. Already pre-ordered seasons. :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Not a deal breaker. Sure it would be better if it were accumulating, but if you dont' have the pack at all, you have NO snow, and none of the other stuff too. I'd rather have something than nothing.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Yes it is! I am not purchasing Seasons
    Even if there were snow-depth in the pack I would still wait for sale until getting it.
    TS4 packs lack depth anyway.
    The pack looks pretty tho. I wanna see LGR's review of it before I even think about getting it.
    I haven't been into TS4 lately, been playing TS3 instead.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not a deal breaker for me though I would prefer a little depth over the painted look we currently have especially on the roofs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I would say no, but I am still not committed to purchasing it. I will wait to view ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE first. That footage WILL NOT consist of the guru livestreams or game changer videos.
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I've been waiting for years for Seasons. I honestly couldn't care less about the snow depth. I don't care about the visuals of the game. I love playing with characters and creating stories for them! I'm excited for Seasons because of the gameplay and not the scenery.
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Plum no. I’ve waited my entire existence for this pack. It’s disappointing, sure, but I’m buying that bad boy day of release. No questions asked. Though I do get why people are upset. I am, too, but it’s not enough to keep me away from all the other great things I see.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Even if there were snow-depth in the pack I would still wait for sale until getting it.
    TS4 packs lack depth anyway.
    The pack looks pretty tho. I wanna see LGR's review of it before I even think about getting it.
    I haven't been into TS4 lately, been playing TS3 instead.

Truth is, you’ll probably feel a lot more satisfied with the pack if you wait for a sale, too. I waited and got Cats and Dogs for 50% off and that was definitely worth it for me. I felt a lot better about the pack having spent $20on it instead of $40
    (And the price is $52 in Canada now so... I’m glad I got it when I did). I personally can’t wsit for this particular pack, so no sale for me! But I’ll probably be in the sale purchase group for all future expansions.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It's not, but I would expect the pack to be full of content to make up for that.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It makes me feel sad & frustrated. But basically this EP looks great. So I'll buy it for sure.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    It's such a small detail in a pack that will surely have lots of other wonderful things to offer. I don't really understand why there's been so much fuss about it.
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    no it isn't but I'm probably not buying the pack...
  • Options
    VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    It'll definitely annoy me but I'll happily still buy the pack.
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top