Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the snow-depth a deal breaker?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    No it isn't! Still buying the pack
    Not at all. I find it unfortunate that most complaints I have seen around The Sims 4 have been along the lines of "I wish they stopped focusing so much on the graphics and would give us more gameplay" and now that it looks like they have done that, it becomes "They didnt care about the graphics and worried about the extra activities". I get the simming community is a large, diverse group of people, but the endless complaining is tiresome. I think there is a difference between constructive criticism and complaining (and I am all for criticism when done appropriately to help the developers create a better game- also voting with your wallets), and there have been many people who have expressed their opinions maturely, but there is also a large group of people who aren't consistent with their complaints and rude. There has been give and take with every generation of the sims (and I still play 2, 3, and 4 regularly) and the supposed lack of depth for the snow isnt a huge deal for me. I dont mind that they seem to try and cater to lower end computers even though I have a beast of one that can even properly handle sims 3. Instead of constantly complaining about sims 4, I bought it at release, played it about 5 hours and realized it wasnt the generation for me until about September last year (I was never able to play without toddlers). I think they've done a fantastic job with the improvements and now have it in my rotational play.
    I will gladly take "less depth in the snow" if it means that my sims still have great activities to do, and fall and winter are my favorite seasons.
    All of the sims generations offer something different to me gameplay wise, and gameplay is more important to me than perfect graphics, even though I play on Ultra. (Though this is simply MY personal preference)
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This is a poll with two options. Whatever people choose is up to them, they will have their own arguments. Is it necessary to suggest the other choice is ‘silly’ or ‘petty’, just because it’s not your choice?

Who said the other choice was silly or petty? Seems you read something and then call it something else. As far as I know I am the only one who mentioned petty and I said nothing of the sort. Read it again.

I think she was talking about me where I said it was a bit silly which is fine I'm allowed to have my own opinion on something and if someone doesn't like it thats fine. I know that for some the snow can be a deal breaker for them because maybe winter is a big part to them and thats fine doesn't me I don't find it any less silly over that one thing.
  • Options
    LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    From what I see so far, this pack comes with a lot of content and new things for sims to do. I'm especially interested in the flower arrangement thing and wonder if you can open a flower shop business and the custom holidays. Having no snow depth is a bit of a let down because I like to see snow accumulate on objects and the ground, it just looks better and adds more to the simming experience. I will still buy the pack but just let me say this: snow depth > no snow depth.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'd like to point out that the poll stands at 11% Yes, 88% No. This does not add up to 100.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'd like to point out that the poll stands at 11% Yes, 88% No. This does not add up to 100.

Where the heck is that other 1%? :o
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Where the heck is that other 1%? :o
    I'm sure it's in hidden decimals. I just thought it was funny.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Forum polls don't do decimals, so I am guessing the 1% is pretty evenly split between the 2 options :)

-Mage
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I'm currently undecided, but the rest of Seasons is definitely going to need to wow me.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, we're closing this thread, please head here if you want to participate in a similar poll. :)
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top