Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caterer(s) not showing up for events?

I just now noticed that as of recently that when I plan social events none of the caterers of even musicians show up. I have tried multiple households...just really frustrating when doing a wedding and having to get my sim to make their own wedding cake
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    The last event I had was a wedding, the musician and caterer did show up, but they were both unfashionably late so my Sims did spend some time waiting around before the ceremony.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Oh and the caterer kept making eggs and bacon, or just getting cereal out of the fridge. So they had no cake, so like you, my Sim went and made that.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I've noticed this problem too. They show up incredibly late when I throw a party. I wish the party events didn't punish you for making food ahead of time, as that's what normal people do.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    @coteDAzur and @ShadyLady89 and the events really do not last long so it's like we waste more time cause of them not doing their part
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    @coteDAzur and @ShadyLady89 and the events really do not last long so it's like we waste more time cause of them not doing their part

Exactly! It's terribly annoying. Hopefully this issue gets patched in the future.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I just now noticed that as of recently that when I plan social events none of the caterers of even musicians show up. I have tried multiple households...just really frustrating when doing a wedding and having to get my sim to make their own wedding cake

This has been happening since day one of TS4. And when and if they show up, it's when the event is almost over. I have my sim stock the fridge with meals or use one of the banquet tables that you click on and walla there is food.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    The last two wedding events I did had this problem as well.

The caterers don't do what is asked of them and if they do, they do it wrong. They start using the grill and making hot dogs and veggie burgers. Another thing is that when the caterers finally make a cake, it's the Sugar-Free Carob Cake or the Zombie cake lol So, my sim often has to do the cooking/baking. However, sometimes the cake glitches when I put the wedding topper and the option to get cake is greyed out because newlyweds need to cut the cake or get first slice together. But it was the newlyweds.. Don't know if that is a glitch from the newlywed or guest making the cake themselves instead of the caterer, but that kept happening. I tend to hire a random caterer than choose from list of sims because it only shows people I know don't have high cooking skills.. for some strange reason?

Also, this happens with musicians as well. The musician just stands around or start dancing to the radio (I bought one since they weren't getting music, clearly). Very rarely do they actually play the piano.

My temporary solution is to just buy the round circle table that serves different platters of food and bring a cake from home and either put the topper at home or during the ceremony. Also, sometimes the option to put the wedding topper isn't there and I realized it had to be on top of a counter, directly in the center or it won't show up. So now I have random counters + ovens randomly placed in my wedding venues (Von Haunt, parks, etc). Cutting the cake works on the round table though. & regarding the musician, I just hire a DJ once the party starts.

Ayy It's Mell ♥