Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Kennel Club *Official Thread*

simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
Hey everyone
So I'm so excited for the new pets EP
I'm hoping to get into the "show community" like in the sims 3
I'm trying to get a hold of the original owner to the sims kennel club but they haven't been active for a few years
So if I don't hear back from them I will be starting a new kennel club.

I don't have all the details planned just yet
But I will update soon

I will make a website and a forum
I will most likely get some moderators to help with the forum/website
Anyways
I will update soon
I just wanted to make an announcement that I will be doing that and am looking for partners/moderators

Edit: 10-18

I have a website created. I'm using pics from google of previous shows just so I can have a layout. I basically copied the rules from the original KC but as we learn more about the EP the rules will prob be changing.
The site is still a work in progress and am open to suggestions.
https://simskc.wixsite.com/simskennelclub

I also just got the forum up and running
Again I copied stuff from the original KC and will change it as we learn more
http://www.simskennelclub.org
Post edited by simsluvr90 on

Comments

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Awww, I miss the Sims 3 one, that was so fun. I remember how serious we all took it haha. I think I still have the website I made for my "show" dogs lol. I had one for horses and one for dogs.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Neat idea! I don't think you should say official when it isn't, though. It was misleading to me.
  • Options
    I updated it lol
    sorry :p
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    What was the kennel club? I wasn't around the forums when this was going on.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    That will be awesome!

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    What was the kennel club? I wasn't around the forums when this was going on.

During TS3 times there was a kennel club where people modified the way the breeds looked and hosted dog shows. People even had kennels and bred their sim dogs and "sold" them
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    edited October 2017
    Well if you are needing help count me in! I loved the Sims 3 kennel club. I was around for a little while, but had to quit because my old computer couldn't handle the game very well. I also dabbled in the SUKC, and SFCI, but wasn't as active on those ones.

Just PM me with details and things and I'll be glad to help out! :smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    this would be neat! I'll be all over it when the EP releases
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    This sounds so cool. I'm new to the sims community so I'm excited to see how this plays out.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    I updated it lol
    sorry :p

Thank you @simsluvr90 !
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I remember this for sims 3. People took it very seriously lol. I'm excited to see how this plays out for sims 4 and how good the pet genetics are for breeding
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Hey, I might be interested in this once it's set up. Question though, would I need to know anything about show dogs and stuff IRL (cos I don't) or would it be fairly easy for a complete newbie to work out what's going on? :tongue:
  • Options
    casseyshazeracasseyshazera Posts: 89 Member
    I never heard of the sims 3 kennel club, but i'm definitely interested in it for sims 4 as i show in real life. How does it work?
    Aka..... Flaming Husky
    Sims Kennel Club - Delta Aquilae Siberian Huskies

Games Played :
    Sims 1/2/3/4/Castaway,
    AC 2, Dirt, SOD, Star Wars .... May The Force Be With You :)
  • Options
    I never heard of the sims 3 kennel club, but i'm definitely interested in it for sims 4 as i show in real life. How does it work?

People create a kennel name and breeding line. Usually create a website or tumblr to advertise their “pups for sale” or sire for hire and people on the Sims forums will host dog shows or breed judgings
  • Options
    danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    Oh this sounds fun! :D I wasn't involved in the Sims 3 one but I wish id known about it! Do people have multiple breeds? Do they make their own? Love it!
  • Options
    casseyshazeracasseyshazera Posts: 89 Member
    @AndreaTheHero Thanks for the info, it sounds interesting. Shall be giving it a go if it definitely comes to the sims 4 :smile:
    Aka..... Flaming Husky
    Sims Kennel Club - Delta Aquilae Siberian Huskies

Games Played :
    Sims 1/2/3/4/Castaway,
    AC 2, Dirt, SOD, Star Wars .... May The Force Be With You :)
  • Options
    I'll be copying the rules (and possibly modifying them) from the previous kennel club
    I never got involved in the previous KC because I didn't know about it

If anyone was involved in it before I would love insight on how to improve it and I have a demo website I just made. Would like insight on that too
  • Options
    Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    I was waiting for these to pop up! <3 I loved it, but never really got into it because I was horrible at making good looking photos. XD But I'd love to help and get into it!
    I'm already starting to get my kennels ready so that when the game comes out, all I have to do is move in my dogs.
  • Options
    Oh this sounds fun! :D I wasn't involved in the Sims 3 one but I wish id known about it! Do people have multiple breeds? Do they make their own? Love it!

You can have multiple breeds! I think some people would have different kennels for different breeds or dog groups (such as a herding kennel, companion kennel, etc.).
    I don't think anyone ever created their own breeds, although that would be a cool add on! :smiley:
  • Options
    Who is familiar with the banking system for the kennel club/shows? Please PM me
  • Options
    The banking system? I know Proboards has a thing for it, and I would love to learn how to use it because I think it would add realism? XD

Would you have to rethink everything since if the pets aren't controllable, can we pose them properly?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I have the forum up
    Start reserving kennel nmes now

There's also a forum suggestion category for if you want to add anything or change things (open to suggestions on improvement)

• Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Awww, yay! I forgot about kennel stuff. I was sort of late to the party with Sims 3, so i can't wait to have a shot at it with Sims 4!
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    I have the forum up
    Start reserving kennel nmes now

There's also a forum suggestion category for if you want to add anything or change things (open to suggestions on improvement)

Awesome, how do we reserve names? Just create a thread for future use?
  • Options
    Kennel names should be your username