Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Kennel Club *Official Thread*

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    @simsluvr90 Honestly, it doesn't matter. They were still made by people from the forums, who own the copyright to them. I can understand why you did it but I can also see their side - I would be a little miffed too if someone used my pictures without consent. I think you should change them anyway because it's a little confusing to have S3 pics on a S4 kennel club site.

I already took them down. I understand where they are coming from also, which is why I have no problem taking them down. They were only meant to be place holders until we got more pics.
  • Options
    ALittleSimALittleSim Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2017
    I've got a question in regards to registering a new breed. I sent in two apps already. (I ended up changing the url for my website so i sent another one) Both times it said the app went though and gave me the option of sending another. But (after a few days) when I go to register one of my dogs the breed wasn't listed. Did I miss something?
    Post edited by ALittleSim on
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin
    Patronus: Lynx
    My Studio: Studio
  • Options
    BrittanyBoomerBrittanyBoomer Posts: 256 Member
    'Joined: December 2011'. I'm a 'new member' because I don't post much here. Or at all. It's not fishy because the kennel clubs are not run here, lol. I was apart of the original SKC a month or two after it was created. I'm also an active member of the SUKC, and on hiatus at the SFCI.

We were not here to start drama. Our kennels are like our babies, so we were upset to see so many of our photos taken. And used without permission. But, I will say no more as things have been taken care of and I thank you for that. Have a good day.
  • Options
    'Joined: December 2011'. I'm a 'new member' because I don't post much here. Or at all. It's not fishy because the kennel clubs are not run here, lol. I was apart of the original SKC a month or two after it was created. I'm also an active member of the SUKC, and on hiatus at the SFCI.

We were not here to start drama. Our kennels are like our babies, so we were upset to see so many of our photos taken. And used without permission. But, I will say no more as things have been taken care of and I thank you for that. Have a good day.

Thank you for being mature about this :)
    I am working with Delta and another person on fixing things :)
  • Options
    I've got a question in regards to registering a new breed. I sent in two apps already. (I ended up changing the url for my website so i sent another one) Both times it said the app went though and gave me the option of sending another. But (after a few days) when I go to register one of my dogs the breed wasn't listed. Did I miss something?

that’s so weird I will look into why it’s not sending.
    In the mean time just send a message with the appropriate answers through the contact page on the site or message on the forum.

• Options
    @MoonstoneHorsey I actually found the issue. I did get the Registry requests. I will get it done this weekend :)
    No need to reapply
  • Options
    @simsluvr90 Ok cool. I was afraid I missed something. I only replied applied since I ended up changing the url to my website I wanted it to be up to date. Oh and thanks! :D
  • Options
    KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    @simsluvr90 check your messages?

At rest of thread: May I be the breed-tracker keeper? I love the variety Sims 4 gives us...
  • Options
    The SKC forum is currently down for maintenance
    I will get it back up as soon as I can
  • Options
    HoneyCombKennelsHoneyCombKennels Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I am brand new and I have been researching how to start a kennel club. Recently I've started one and have been following along with SKC restrictions, but it seems everyone is inactive. I really want to start a good kennel and conncet with others. I am on the Sims 4 and even though the new cats and dogs came out it seems pretty empty. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by mphgirl on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Resolved
    Post edited by simsluvr90 on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by simsluvr90 on
  • Options
    Hi! I am brand new and I have been researching how to start a kennel club. Recently I've started one and have been following along with SKC restrictions, but it seems everyone is inactive. I really want to start a good kennel and conncet with others. I am on the Sims 4 and even though the new cats and dogs came out it seems pretty empty. Can anyone help?

Are you talking about a breed club or an actual kennel club?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    Sorry If I am overreacting
    I really am kinda hurt
  • Options
    Sims 4 KC will be holding its first Competition

2g05mql7e6f6.jpg

Join the forum to participate

simskennelclub.org
  • Options
    I brought this issue up in december and have been patiently waiting for my breed to be added to the register so I can register my dogs. I filled out a form to register a new dog breed in december. I know you are busy and everything but I'd really like to be able to participate in the first competition but I can't do that without first registering my dogs which I can't do because they aren't in the list of dog breeds. T_T
  • Options
    BilgeMouseBilgeMouse Posts: 22 Member
    I am pretty ridiculously excited to find out that this exists. I've had a fictional Cardigan Welsh Corgi kennel since Sims 3, I used to use the "biography" feature to keep track of registered names and the fictional histories, titles, etc. of the dogs. With Sims 4 I've just been keeping that info on a Word document. I had no idea there was a Sims 3 Kennel Club, or I would have been part of it. (I show my real-life Cardigans in conformation as well.)
    So now it's just a matter of making it official and joining in the fun! My one disappointment is not being able to recreate the correct proportions- the default "small dog" frame is too tall and cobby for a Cardigan, so I may branch out to a breed that lends itself better to the Sims 4 Create-A-Pet system. I made a relatively convincing pair of Tibetan Spaniels the other day...
    Any tips for getting good "ringside" photos? I prefer not to add mods to the game if I can help it.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    @BilgeMouse There really should've been a "short-legged" third size and a fourth for medium dogs. I feel like the CAP we have right now is in many ways a setback, I am especially disappointed by the lack of layers. The number of workarounds I had to do just to get the coats of my pointers correctly was actually kind of ridiculous :D

Ringside photos might be difficult without any sort of mods as we tend to use the pose player for that - on the other hand, I've made several photos when there were no poses around that could go for ringside pictures. Standing ones I got by leashing the dog and unleashing it again, and I took the picture when the sim was putting away the leash (that way the hands were posed in a way where it was easy to edit in a show leash). Walking ones are a bit more tricky but the key for me was to have two sims. Have the first sim call the dog, wait till the dog and sim are in the same place, then set the sim to walk to a second sim and have the second sim call the dog at the same time. It's tricky.

Walking.png

As you can see it's not perfect but I would've gotten a better shot had I spent more time on it. The timing is iffy and using poses is definitely sooo much easier! So if you put any mods into the game I would suggest the pose player and the sim teleporter as well as some of Ohbluir's Poses. I make poses as well but I mostly focus on large dogs.
  • Options
    BilgeMouseBilgeMouse Posts: 22 Member
    @Karlia Thanks! I will look into those mods. I was going to ask about show leads too. I have a decent photo editor so I should be able to add in a lead.
    There's definitely a learning curve to the new system- I like the ability to paint on certain markings, (putting symmetrical brindle points on a tricolor dog is infinitely easier) but I wish there was a way to save your own custom coat patterns.
    Definitely agree about the sizes- when dogs are either large or small they have to make some odd choices. (Like why is the Bedlington Terrier a large dog??) A short-legged body shape would be a huge improvement for a number of breeds that they either have to leave out entirely (like the Basset Hound) or that barely resemble the real breeds.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    @BilgeMouse I generally draw on the show leads using photoshop / the pen tool. Then all I do is basically add some highlights and shadows! I too think it's missing a way to save coat colors and patterns, to save myself some trouble and a lot of work I pre-created the ticking of my german pointers in both liver and black and just saved the dog as a whole, so the puppies my dogs will have won't be born in game but instead created in CAS. I'm not sure what I miss more, the ability to create a medium-sized dog (so that the Bedlington terrier doesn't have the same size as a great dane or a chihuahua) or the ability to have several leg lengths. I just find this version of CAS all around lacking.
  • Options
    Just a heads up to anyone following this thread
    We moved our forum

the new address is

http://skc.freeforums.net

• Options
    Dellen_03Dellen_03 Posts: 10 New Member
    I just joined and I'll be breeding English Springer Spaniels. I just realised that I registered to the forum using my kennel name and would of preferred to use a different name. Is there anyway I can change it?