Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the most number of children a sim can have?

Hi everyone. Recently as I was playing with one of my sims, who has a LOT of children, I wondered if there is a limit to how many I can make them have. So would the game not allow you to have anymore if you get above a certain number?

I have one sim who's a serial romantic and a complete player and he has 17 children! I just keep going for the fun of it to see how far I can go. Oh and none of his children live with him. All different mothers. His family tree is hilarious! It's just him with a bunch of babies underneath. I would love to post a picture of it, but I'm kinda new around here, so need to figure out how.

What's the most number of children your sims have had?

Comments

• Options
    Oh_MereOh_Mere Posts: 49 Member
    I don't think there's a limit! The 100 baby challenge wouldn't be a thing if there was a limit. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Oh I didn't know that challenge existed! I'm not familiar with many of these yet as I haven't been playing long, or rather, participating in the sims community.
  • Options
    Most of these babies are not in world, as their mothers weren't in world to start with, but now I'm wondering, should I make a few houses and bring them in world? He's only seen two of his children who were born to mother already in world.
  • Options
    Oh_MereOh_Mere Posts: 49 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    Most of these babies are not in world, as their mothers weren't in world to start with, but now I'm wondering, should I make a few houses and bring them in world? He's only seen two of his children who were born to mother already in world.

That's all up to you! You can stick them in a house or leave them not in world. I think you can still contact sims who are not in world. I had moved out one of my sim's children and hadn't stuck him in a house yet and my sim could still call him and invite him to things. And not in world sims often populate community lots. Putting the kids in a house though might make it easier for your sim to stay in touch though!
  • Options
    It's just a shame that the mothers can't bring babies along with them when you do invite them over. They're all still babies and I do have the long lifespan on so I won't meet them for a while. I don't mind not seeing them yet though, because this guy is just preoccupied with seducing the next sim, but I thought there would be some comedy in building a big house with four mothers and four children each. None of the ladies get jealous of each other though since he has the player trait, some of them even got pregnant at the same time!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Most kids my sims had were seven, when I was playing the Settler Challenge. The wife was almost always pregnant and since aging stopped during pregnancies, she survived her husband by far. Those kiddies were a wellspring of youth for that woman.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    As far as I can tell there is no limit except the household one of 8 sims. If you have mods, MCCC I think, you can remove the household limit. I did the 100 baby challenge, moved the kids out when they were old enough and then my sim had her two final children who lived on in her home when she died. Never had any issues getting that many so I think there isn't a limit.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    There's no limit how much children your sim can have. Someone's sim has over 60 children.
    Do remember that max amount of sims in one household is 8, so when household gets full, move some sims out.
    But yes, there is no limit and sims can also have twins and triplets. Try not to have over 200 children, or there will be nobody to romance with and some children start disappearing (This is called culling. Game deletes sims in order to make room for more).
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I'm pretty sure it's limitless. A sim of mine, a young adult even at that already has 9 children. He just whoohoos everything and everyone he sees :lol:
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I agree in thinking there is no limit, I think the most any of mine have made it too is 15. I do want to do the 100 baby challenge at some point though :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    If you aren't using mods, you might want to place your children in homes so they don't get culled.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have a mod that gives me the ability to have up to 25 in one household.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I don't believe there is a limit, except household limit. As far as impregnating inactive/NPC sims, there is no limit. The family tree may not show them after so many, but I'm not sure. The family tree is lacking to begin with. My current 100 baby challenge is on pregnant with babies number 16 and 17. But I have heard of other simmers having quite a bit more than that.
  • Options
    @Toreshinbo My sim's the same, woohoos everyone he can get :D He's very successful too. Too successful. I can't leave him to do any activities without someone asking him on a date. Never any peace there. It just amuses me to see how many he can get pregnant at once. He's still a young adult too. I think I should stop soon though, I have a lot of families I like and I don't want to see any culling of them. The 8 sim limit per household isn't a problem, since none of them live with him.

I haven't dived into the world of mods yet. I've been playing a few months and still learning new ways to play the game, so I think it will be a while before I want to add anything to it. Though there are some features I would like, I don't need them yet.

Thinking about it, I think I'll have 3 more babies to make a nice round 20, then make 5 houses to move 4 children into each, with their mothers. It'll be interesting when they start school, most of the class would be half-siblings. They won't be able to get boyfriends or girlfriends as teens. :s
    Aww, makes me wish I could follow them to school now! :D
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    if your into mods, I'd check out the MCCC mod xD. Then your sim could pay child support for all those kids :lol: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Paying child support would be great! :D
  • Options
    abordazabordaz Posts: 1 New Member
    I think I never had more than 10 kids per one sim in an active household. Prefer a little bit of reality here.
    Talking about Master Controller and pregnancies. A lot of NPC male sims have around 20 kids. I actually don't like that and don't really know what settings to manipulate for number to drop. No one has problem like that? For now I allowed sims to have max 3 children during their life-time and pregnancies checks are twice a week. Is that too much or what? :D
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I had one with 25
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    With the 100 baby challenge, my SIMs were able to have about 25 to 30 pregnancies before getting out of child bearing age. So, if all are singletons, that means 25 to 30 kids. That was before toddlers.