Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we are getting toddlers this time?

Comments

• Options
    I hope not. I don't want precious dev time wasted on something that I will never use.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think it's possible. They usually have a big marketing strategy for every Holiday. In 2014 they tried to increase BG sales with 3 big updates, in 2015 they had GT, a update with the repairman and the 64 bits version. Would make sense to release CL in November and then add toddlers in December to get a bigger profit in the Holiday sales.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited September 2016
    @XopaxPax I like how you think.
    I wish EA borrowed some of your thought process.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    @SimGuruDrake can you just say no if it's not gonna happen this quarter? I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed again :'(
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Nope. I don't think this year and I'm not too optimistic about next year either. :(
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Nope. Maybe if we ask really nicely we'll get more talking toilets tho. xD
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Nope. Maybe if we ask really nicely we'll get more talking toilets tho. xD

No. They key is not asking for them. That probably speeds up the process!
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Sure it's toddlers- just like every other time there was hype build up with cryptic statements and hints and clues it was toddlers then too. It's always toddlers- probably a great big toddler festival coming in CL. Isn't there one we don't know about yet? That's it. It's the Toddler Festival and you go and you get a free toddler to take home, like a puppy but human.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Not anytime soon..We have a better chance of getting a Beyonce themed EP before getting toddlers.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited September 2016
    No. I don't think they are working on them at this time, just "exploring ideas" for now.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    and one more NO from me... there are some people who pre-ordered city living even if they didn't know that apartments will be so limited. I wanted to do the same btw.. but fortunately I decided to wait a bit.. anyway... so they have sales up so toddlers are not needed to save sims 4 from a disaster... for now:)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    @SimGuruDrake before we go the rest of the week hoping that toddlers are in the new quarter trailer can you at least confirm that there will not be any new life stages in the next quarter.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake before we go the rest of the week hoping that toddlers are in the new quarter trailer can you at least confirm that there will not be any new life stages in the next quarter.

She wouldn't be able to do that till next week. (And might not be able to, depending on what the actual development situation is. They could be not in development at all, they could be in development but not near done, they could be in development and almost ready but it's not known if it'll be the next quarter or not...)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

She wouldn't be able to do that till next week. (And might not be able to, depending on what the actual development situation is. They could be not in development at all, they could be in development but not near done, they could be in development and almost ready but it's not known if it'll be the next quarter or not...)

I understand. I just wanted to confirm if there are no new life stages in the teaser. Not toddler specific. And she doesn't have to confirm that they are.

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don't know. I've really lost hope that we'll ever get them back. So I'm not expecting it.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I was going to sleep and then i remembered this tweet that made me legit intrigued.

obis80j.jpg

S3H4Ds2.jpg

Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I was going to sleep and then i remembered this tweet that made me legit intrigued.

obis80j.jpg

S3H4Ds2.jpg

Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but plum.

Wait... SimGuruRiley? There's a SimGuru who has the same name as me? ~le gasp~
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Nvm...
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    XopaxPax wrote: »

obis80j.jpg

S3H4Ds2.jpg

Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but plum.

Hmm. That's interesting.

• Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    edited September 2016

@SimGuruDrake Please with like a ton of sugar on top and like a ton of unicorns and glitter also! oh please!
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    Hmm hype like this must be tricky for the Gurus especially communication managers haha. If they don't/are unable to confirm that a new life stage isn't coming, the community could read into that (including me and my high hopes lol) as a possibility that they are on their way.
    I'm sure it isn't the T word but it's definitely something. I guess it could be the challenge and don't get me wrong I wouldn't be devastated if it was just a challenge but the 'what a week may change' comment seems like it is significant. I guess we'll see!

Good luck gurus haha.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    No but they'll add something useless that you'll never use instead :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    gurus, developers and countrymen, hear our pleas, just give the people what they yearn for, the little rug rats so dear to our hearts, we have held place holders for them going on two years, isn't it time to move forward and alleviate the painful absence, well, if not going to happen, then just say it, so we can jump off a cliff, or do whatever feels right, hopefully nothing so drastic,
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited September 2016
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    They probably figure the longer they hold your Toddlers for ransom the longer they can forstall your demands for pets... :p

Some of you are so jaded....let me tell you a true story...

Once upon a time, way back when people were demanding things in the TS2 forums (pets) a wise guru was there to have a forum chat about the latest and greatest exapnsion "Open for Business". She told us all about the great features, how we could sell anything our little Simmer hearts desired, how we could learn new skills...and make lots of... BUT! (the forumites objected as forumites oft times do) "Gee Mrs forum Guru lady. that's real nice and stuff but what about Pets?" "Will it come with Pets?"

To which she politely replied "Why no my little forumites sadly there will be no pets" "But the good news is..."
    and she went on to describe all the wonderful things we could do like open a bakery, hire employees, buy a retail lot to sell toys from or even sell toilets out of our home lots!....BUT (the forumites objected as forumites oft times do) "What about...um..... er...what about pets to drink out of them??? huh?" "What about that Mrs. forum Guru lady?"

To which she gruffly replied..."You'll have your pets when pigs fly!" Now that's all for today kiddies, unless you have more questions about "Open For Business", it's time for me to go now...(and depart with great haste did she, for she had become quite weary from all the questions about Pets). And it came to pass that the forumites were sad because after all "Open for Business" wasn't PETS!. "You can't teach a toilet to fetch or roll over, or scratch up your furniture, or dig holes in your yard, or none of that" they whimpered softly. :'(

So the little forumites cried their little salty forimite tears, but the good little Simmers who bought "Open for Business" (in spite of the fact that it wasn't Pets) noticed something very peculiar in the skies o'er the sleepy little town of Bluewater Village...something very odd indeed... What oh what could that starnge object be? A bird or a plane or a strange bumblebee?? Nay...to their shock and amazement and joyful glee...it was indeed.... a flying Pig!

And the next expansion was Pets.
    The end. :|

Well, that was actually quite a joy to read.

giphy.gif
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina