Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DRAKE LOVES EP3!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm just curious what patches we will get this fiscal quarter. I know that a new EP won't come until at least October, so it will be interesting to see what will come out by then.

I don't even speculate any more. I just hope for the least amount of bugs because I know I'm going to catch some in each major patch.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I guess it pays to be a big celebrity, you get to see the ep way before us regulars. My question is how does he have any time to play? He's on tour all the time and throws parties during the week. My guess is monday.

Best comment on this thread. :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I completely agree @Cinebar .

But why are their resources so limited? Where did all that TS3 money go? I mean did Olympus really put that big of a dent in TS4? (Personally Opinion not fact.)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

But why are their resources so limited? Where did all that TS3 money go? I mean did Olympus really put that big of a dent in TS4? (Personally Opinion not fact.)
    Probably purchasing PopCap company.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Probably purchasing PopCap company.

I have no clue what PopCap is. :*
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    Come on, ya'll are fussing about internet connections, don't be petty. We're trying to get answers for the sake of this game. Like a Simmer mentioned, New Ideas are fine, but don't PUSH them on us, when we don't even have the Basics. Switch it up! New, Old, Old, New, etc. This game is NOT complete, and people are getting plummed because we don't even have the basic necessities!

Sim_Guru_Drake cannot answer your questions about any new content. She cannot comment on it. Of course she likes the Ep's she works for the company. She would not say she did not like them. And truth be known she most likely does like them, she plays the game. The game does need work, but new Ep's will not fix everything. Maybe the wait between the ep's will give us some bug fixes and patches that will add to the game. So trying to get answers for the sake of this game is kind of mute in my opinion. The answers cannot be given by the Guru's. Seems everything that Sims_Guru_Drake says gets taken as negative. Just think if you were in her shoes.

I understand what you're saying and I GET it. That also goes into many Simmers concerns about this wack "Tight lipped-ness" we have. Granted they can't say anything until its almost out, and it's usually not what anyone was expecting. Gone are the days of consideration, and finding out what the next great EP was when the current one was out. That's also great preparedness, and consistency. Which is Everything This Iteration is not. If that was the case many of these posts we see every other day would cease IF they kept it real with us, which is "Too hard". Scraps, scrapes, and half-baked.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I have no clue what PopCap is. :*
    Here: http://www.popcap.com/all-games/all

Some of my favorite games made by them are Bejeweled, Insaniquarium, Bookworm, Zuma, and Plants Vs. Zombies. I guess EA purchased them around the time of the Sims 3. SimGuruDrake is actually the community manager of Bejeweled Stars too, so that is a PopCap game. PopCap is basically a company under EA's control like how Maxis is.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Come on, ya'll are fussing about internet connections, don't be petty. We're trying to get answers for the sake of this game. Like a Simmer mentioned, New Ideas are fine, but don't PUSH them on us, when we don't even have the Basics. Switch it up! New, Old, Old, New, etc. This game is NOT complete, and people are getting plummed because we don't even have the basic necessities!

Sim_Guru_Drake cannot answer your questions about any new content. She cannot comment on it. Of course she likes the Ep's she works for the company. She would not say she did not like them. And truth be known she most likely does like them, she plays the game. The game does need work, but new Ep's will not fix everything. Maybe the wait between the ep's will give us some bug fixes and patches that will add to the game. So trying to get answers for the sake of this game is kind of mute in my opinion. The answers cannot be given by the Guru's. Seems everything that Sims_Guru_Drake says gets taken as negative. Just think if you were in her shoes.

I understand what you're saying and I GET it. That also goes into many Simmers concerns about this wack "Tight lipped-ness" we have. Granted they can't say anything until its almost out, and it's usually not what anyone was expecting. Gone are the days of consideration, and finding out what the next great EP was when the current one was out. That's also great preparedness, and consistency. Which is Everything This Iteration is not. If that was the case many of these posts we see every other day would cease IF they kept it real with us, which is "Too hard". Scraps, scrapes, and half-baked.

The way I see it is that they aren't confident in their own product. They aren't certain what they say they are working on will actually be released. There are no more walkthroughs, no more ads stating up coming releases. I mean , I don't think they trust themselves. Definitely something wrong there. I said this before, but I think they are winging it with TS4. I think it's complete chaos over there.

I believe there are Devs/Gurus who are very upset with how TS4 turned out. I don't blame the one working on the game itself, but whoever is in charge, made a bad decision along the way. I don't know who it was/ is but for someone to keep their product so secretive shows that something is wrong. Especially since they never done this before. They always share up coming content and built up the hype!(Personal opinion not fact)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Thank you for taking the time to communicate with us in this thread (well I was asleep, so not me personally :tongue: ).

I do agree with and really like what you were saying about new ideas. I think for quite a lot of us, there are certain themes we come to expect and feel like they make our games feel more complete and life-like. But I find it a really exciting prospect to have them presented in a way we haven't seen before, with features we've never had. The example you gave was taking a theme like Seasons, asking oneself what they likes about previous versions and what they'd like to see in potential future ones. That's what I like about The Sims 4, it has a good balance of new and returning (which are usually improved upon) features. A recent example would be Kids Room and Backyard. I loved the new Voidcritters system and found it was really well done, which was a first to the franchise. But then I also loved the waterslide, which is an old favourite of the community, and felt like it was improved upon from TS3. :smile:
  • Options
    Like a Simmer mentioned, New Ideas are fine, but don't PUSH them on us, when we don't even have the Basics. Switch it up! New, Old, Old, New, etc. This game is NOT complete, and people are getting plummed because we don't even have the basic necessities!
    I didn't read what @SimGuruDrake said as trying to push ONLY new content on us. I read what she said as be open and excited about new ideas as well as how they can put a new spin on old favourite themes.
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Like a Simmer mentioned, New Ideas are fine, but don't PUSH them on us, when we don't even have the Basics. Switch it up! New, Old, Old, New, etc. This game is NOT complete, and people are getting plummed because we don't even have the basic necessities!
    I didn't read what @SimGuruDrake said as trying to push ONLY new content on us. I read what she said as be open and excited about new ideas as well as how they can put a new spin on old favourite themes.

Well when you, or her find that balance, let the rest of us who've been playing since 2000 know.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »

Well when you, or her find that balance, let the rest of us who've been playing since 2000 know.

Well, I've been playing since 2006 so I'm still trying to catch you guys who have been playing from the beginning up.

basset-hound-running-gif.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I think I like most of what you said. I'm surprised you didn't mention pets though.

I agree with supernaturals. I miss vampires, I would like my darker sims to be vampires and have weird abilities. I also LOVED witches and wizards and miss the alchemy trait so much.

I also agree with exploring thats why I miss having different worlds withe new plants, fish and gems to find. It would be awesome in the sims 4 with the secret spots.

Fashion is probably the 70% of my love for sims. I love being able to style them and I miss stuff packs based on stores. H&M was a personal favorite. For years I've been dreaming about a victoria secret, charlotte russe and forever 21 SP. The first thing I do is style my current sims with the new EPs, GPs and SPs the team releases if i think it fits their style.

Oh I LOVE pets. Especially dogs (I'm a dog person but I still like cats too!) and in my games my Sim always had two dogs to keep them company. My big thing is I absolutely want a hotdog dog costume XD

Dressing up a Dachshund up in a hotdog suit? o:)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Do you have any say in planning expansions? Because you should!! You seem to be the guru most connected with the community! (And we love you for it!) :):p
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I think I like most of what you said. I'm surprised you didn't mention pets though.

I agree with supernaturals. I miss vampires, I would like my darker sims to be vampires and have weird abilities. I also LOVED witches and wizards and miss the alchemy trait so much.

I also agree with exploring thats why I miss having different worlds withe new plants, fish and gems to find. It would be awesome in the sims 4 with the secret spots.

Fashion is probably the 70% of my love for sims. I love being able to style them and I miss stuff packs based on stores. H&M was a personal favorite. For years I've been dreaming about a victoria secret, charlotte russe and forever 21 SP. The first thing I do is style my current sims with the new EPs, GPs and SPs the team releases if i think it fits their style.

Oh I LOVE pets. Especially dogs (I'm a dog person but I still like cats too!) and in my games my Sim always had two dogs to keep them company. My big thing is I absolutely want a hotdog dog costume XD

Dressing up a Dachshund up in a hotdog suit? o:)

This reminds me of that Heinz TV ad with people dressed as ketchup and mustard standing in a field with Dachshunds dressed as hot dogs running to them like a love story. The best part is the little kid dressed in single serve packet.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

I'm also a dog person. I'm waiting for the sims 4 to hopefuly release that EP. I have even planned the breeds I want for each sims and which ones will have cats.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    hannaaj22 wrote: »
    I really miss TS1 expansion packs, especially Superstar (it was 100x better than TS3 Showtime) so I would be happy to see that as an EP in the future. I would happily have SimGuruDrake ideas of movie star, film maker and fashion designer in a pack like that.

It's also nice seeing how the gurus play :smile: I prefer to play generational/rotation so it's really interesting seeing how others play.

I agree! Superstar is awesome. I need this in TS4.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    YungGigi wrote: »
    You say us having seasons and pets built into a base game means we have to give up something? Seriously? That in and of itself is the reason we're not progressing. At this stage in the Sims series these features should be included in the base game. Why do we keep having to pay for things we've had since sims 2 all over again each time you all release a new iteration of the game. It's absurd.

Yes you'd have to give up something. There is a balancing act and you could never realistically have everything we've ever released in the past in one base game. I actually wonder how big of a download that base game would be...I'm sure someone here as done that type of math (if so please link me! I'd love to see what those numbers look like)

Bolded emphasis mine. Certainly it could be done if EA would release the base game on discs again. So we would, you know, OWN what we paid for, which would include being able to re-sell it in the future if we didn't want it any more. One of the MANY reasons I refuse to buy TS4 is its tied-to-Origin requirement, and also the reason I refuse to patch TS3 beyond 1.67.

Have fun limiting yourself to console gaming in a few years time, assuming even consoles keep selling their games on physical media. Discs are going by the wayside, especially for PC software. By the time Sims 4's lifecycle is over and Sims 5 comes out, I'll be surprised if there are any PC game discs sold. Online distribution becomes easier and easier as time goes on. Not to mention that old DRM methods on discs just end up making them outright unplayable eventually and all that.

The trouble is, with things being only downloadable, it creates problems for a portion of the market. Yes, its a small portion, but it is within a major country.
    Australia.
    The internet access in a lot of the country is unstable. It's slow, and it is limited.
    There are places where people don't really have land line internet access, and mobile internet is crazy expensive, to the point where you use your entire quota for the month, just to download an EP
    It would be nice, if there was a mailorder option.
    In this day and age, it is possible to print and ship a disk at minimal cost to those who don't have unlimited highspeed internet.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    More empty shells.

Ofcourse she loves it, it's not a good marketing move to say she doesn't like it.

She could have easily have said she loves all of them.
    She didn't have to say she loved EP3 the most.

She loved the Kids Room Stuff more than the rest too. She likes cute packs.

Sorry to break your bubble (for like what? The 100th time?) but it is called "hyping" it up, *cough* marketing *cough* then again @SimGuruDrake can be really excited for the pack so I can't point fingers without proof.

My bubble is still intact, it's more like you're having trouble blowing one.

SimGuruDrake wasn't overly excited about Get Together, she spoke positively about it, but didn't amp it up to be something she was looking forward to.
    Since she plays the game, it's intriguing that she's looking forward to play this, more so than how she was for Get Togther or any of the other packs.

She didn't personally hype up Movie Stuff or Garden Stuff. Not even Dine Out.
    She's personally hyped up Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff and now EP3. All of which have activities for families and children.

I don't know how to explain it any clearer, that it's worth raising an eyebrow for, that SimGuruDrake is personally invested into this EP, while she wasn't for most of the other packs.

It may indicate EP3 is more her play style (since she doesn't work on the game but plays it) which seems to be activities for the whole family.

She just answered a question about it. If no one asked about it, she wouldn't ''hype this up'' neither.

Just whatever. They can be so excited, I will judge for myself when I see it. Their reasons to be excited aren't mine. They were excited about Star Wars costumes and the freakin' bear costume in OR, wow I was so not excited about that.

Excitement is different for everyone.

Spot on description.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    DeKay wrote: »
    hannaaj22 wrote: »
    I really miss TS1 expansion packs, especially Superstar (it was 100x better than TS3 Showtime) so I would be happy to see that as an EP in the future. I would happily have SimGuruDrake ideas of movie star, film maker and fashion designer in a pack like that.

It's also nice seeing how the gurus play :smile: I prefer to play generational/rotation so it's really interesting seeing how others play.

I agree! Superstar is awesome. I need this in TS4.
    Superstar has always been my favorite fame pack. I never liked when it was a single celeb only with the other packs like.....
    tumblr_n8rfruhO6L1tv4k5po1_400.gif
    latest?cb=20130309103759

The newest Sims Freeplay Movie Star update actually reminded me a lot of the Sims Superstar. It was really cool to see a modern version of it.
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    After a generations EP I really want pets! My sim really really really wants to snuggle a Pomeranian!