Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamescom 2016

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I am sure the next stuff pack will be called "Toddlers and Dogs in the Rain Stuff" ;)

"Toddlers and Dogs Partying in the Rain Stuff" fixed it for you :wink:@IngeJones
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Paigeisin5 and @IngeJones - Thanks. :) I feel that the mistrust created by the issues I described in my post exacerbates the other frustrations people feel with TS4 a lot and leads to the frequently expressed dissatisfaction with communication from TS4's team, which @SimGuruDrake has been asking about a lot lately in an effort to understand. When there's dishonest communication coming from one corner, it often makes people inclined to look with suspicion upon the rest of the communication about the game.
    Post edited by Terra on
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Gamescom has always been a big deal for The Sims franchise as it was used as a grandstand for whenever something big was coming down the pike. I find it hard to believe that if something significant was going to be announced before the end of the year, they would not be missing the opportunity to debut it at this time. Good marketing dictates that you use an international platform which leaves me pretty skeptical about the rest of this year as to a future EP release.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Gamescom has always been a big deal for The Sims franchise as it was used as a grandstand for whenever something big was coming down the pike. I find it hard to believe that if something significant was going to be announced before the end of the year, they would not be missing the opportunity to debut it at this time. Good marketing dictates that you use an international platform which leaves me pretty skeptical about the rest of this year as to a future EP release.
    Gamescom is a big deal in the gaming business, there's no debating that part. But they done told us that do to free contents which must be announced in the quarter that they plan to release them in. That all Packs will be announced in that quarter. They had set it up this way because some of those Packs have free contents attached to them. And that it would impractical for them to announce the Packs before the quarter that their free contents are to be released in.

• Options
    Heads up that Drake elaborated on the Gamescom presence here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896326/i-think-people-need-to-be-prepared-that-ep3/p8

Nothing yet about the communication issues I brought up in my earlier post though.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member

you would think they would want one out for the Christmas period if there's no announcement by October it's safe to say maybe not this year

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »

you would think they would want one out for the Christmas period if there's no announcement by October it's safe to say maybe not this year

I recon that they would put something out for Xmas. My guess is October or November for EP3 and EP4 a year later.

Seems to be how things are going these days :neutral:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Hello to all fellow simmers i have just read on tweeter that at gamescon 2016 there going to be a sims question and answers so its possible we might learn a little bit more on what the third expansionpack of the sims4 might be.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    No. There will be no announcements or questions about future content.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2016
    crinrict wrote: »
    No. There will be no announcements or questions about future content.

Which defeats the purpose of a Q&A IMO lol I know one question that may be asked but it won't get an answer...

• Options
    Why ? Q&A can be about a lot of things.

About game mechanics, about why they choose something over something else and much more

Q&A is not defined as: What is to come
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
  • Options
    Yes, I am.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I am trying to think of a cleverly worded trick question...

"Using one example of content you are not able to tell us about yet, can you explain how you interpreted your non-disclosure policy through it, giving a description of this content where it will help clarify your answer?"

Nice dry exam-sounding question there. Do you think that might trip them up? ;)
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @crinrict I hope you enjoy Gamescon 2016 and am glad to see you will be going to the Q&A. I imagine you just might have a question or two, or 40, to ask :)
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited August 2016
    @crinrict wrote: »
    Yes, I am.

Can you plz ask then this:
    "If you had anything to say about the lack of family play, what would it be?"

That's not a question about future content. ;)
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Yes, I am.

Sensible question to ask, but I have no doubt it will be skirted or met with disdain.

If they were to answer it, it would go something like this; "Our game provides ample opportunities for family play. For instance, our new mechanic of relationship culling allows players the opportunity to delve in and grow and strengthen these familiar relationships time and time again. Most think this is a bug, but fail to see the wonderful and intuitive gameplay this allows". :D

• Options
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Yes, I am.

But not everyone feels that way. It's an assumption in there that I personally don't associate with.

Depending on what the topic of the panel is going to be about it might be out of place but I'll take your question with me. I can't make any promises that I'll ask it though.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's difficult to think of questions that don't deal with the future, that would also be of much interest. The use of the word "panel" however would suggest it will be EA asking *your* opinions rather than a sort of press conf where they answer yours.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I would be interested to know why they don't announce new game mechanics like culling, relationship culling, and inactive played relationship decay in the patch notes. It certainly creates a lot more work for people like you ( @crinrict ) and @rosemow who help out all the people coming in panicked and trying to figure out what's happening with their games. But I'm sure that you have lots of questions of your own!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Terra wrote: »
    I would be interested to know why they don't announce new game mechanics like culling, relationship culling, and inactive played relationship decay in the patch notes.

That's an interesting question. I'll take it with me as well
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I have a question that may be slightly about future content, though not about any particular content, it's more a general question :

What is their current policy on tweaking of base game features ? I'm thinking things like careers or aspirations goals which have been tweaked before in patches for example. Is this something that could happen again or are the actual features pretty much set in stone ? There's quite a lot of games nowadays that change, sometimes heavily, how the game works with patches, so I'm wondering what is the Sims team's stance on that : no change at all, only minor tweaking or major rework possible ?
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I have a question that may be slightly about future content, though not about any particular content, it's more a general question :

What is their current policy on tweaking of base game features ? I'm thinking things like careers or aspirations goals which have been tweaked before in patches for example. Is this something that could happen again or are the actual features pretty much set in stone ? There's quite a lot of games nowadays that change, sometimes heavily, how the game works with patches, so I'm wondering what is the Sims team's stance on that : no change at all, only minor tweaking or major rework possible ?

Interesting question, but unfortunately it skirts on future content so it will not be answered. You should take a peek at this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897072/questions-for-gamescom-q-a-panel#latest simgurudrake gives the two topics of discussion there.

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited August 2016
    JoBass24us wrote: »

Interesting question, but unfortunately it skirts on future content so it will not be answered. You should take a peek at this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897072/questions-for-gamescom-q-a-panel#latest simgurudrake gives the two topics of discussion there.

Well, it sort of fits with Lyndsay and Rachel's speach about development and how far we are, because it's basically how final is the content we've got so far. I don't expect them to tell us if they would like to change this or that, I'm wondering what is their stance for their live service : expanding (new content than expand the base) or changing (both new content and changing the base) the game based on player feedback.

I'm glad they'll talk about Game Packs and how they fit, that sounds really interesting.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    JoBass24us wrote: »

Well, it sort of fits with Lyndsay and Rachel's speach about development and how far we are, because it's basically how final is the content we've got so far. I don't expect them to tell us if they would like to change this or that, I'm wondering what is their stance for their live service : expanding (new content than expand the base) or changing (both new content and changing the base) the game based on player feedback.

I'm glad they'll talk about Game Packs and how they fit, that sounds really interesting.

I did forget to mention that we are talking a bit about what it means to be a "live service" since there still seems to be confusion on how that works with regards to The Sims :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims