Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamescom 2016

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would walk into the booth with RF and the other Guru's and thank them for their work, for the enjoyment the Series has brought me over the last 16 years, and for the escape I needed from RL!
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    Hmm Q & A huh ? Makes me wonder what will they answers? Example question (Will we ever get toddlers) answer ( can't answer that right now next question).Will we ever get cars? (can't answer that right now).Oh yes that's how it will go down. ;)

'Can't talk about it at the moment' - 'Anything is possible!' - 'Maybe' - 'We have nothing new to share at this time' - 'The fans will be the first to know' - 'Currently there are no plans to....' etc. etc.

That's why I think the Q&A sessions are not needed because they aren't going to share anything new anyway. I mean what do people want to know? what their favorite color/food/holiday destination/animal is? That's how it went down here on the forum's Q&A thread too. Pointless.

Personally I am not interested in anything like that. The only thing I am interested in is this game and how they are going to fix it flaws and if they ever will fix it. They represent a label, a brand, a multimillion dollar brand. With all of that there's expectations, and their only task is to live up to the expactations the community has, that's what they need to do.

Q&A panels are only interesting and useful if there are non-planted questions and they are completely and truthfully answered. So I have very low expectations for any "news" coming out of this closed panel at Gamescon.
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    This Q&A only will be interesting if a week before it, they announce an expansion or something like that...
  • mattandphilsims2mattandphilsims2 Posts: 136 Member
    Looks like we won't be getting the third EP until at least October. *sigh*
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

I'm thinking it's gonna be December like GT was.
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    This whole thing is really depressing, I'm sure they are not going to answer anything we already know.
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I wonder what EA plans to showcase at Gamescom this year!

My guess is Mass Effect: Andromeda. They're planning to roll it out in early 2017 unless they decide to push it out some more.
  • TimTubeTimTube Posts: 3 New Member
    I've seen this getting asked a lot and as we get closer to Gamescom we want to set your expectations:

We will not be making any announcements at Gamescom this year and will not be on the show floor. However, we will have a closed panel + Q&A with Rachel and Lyndsay about the Sims Franchise. If you’re going to be at Gamescom let us know! We’d love to meet you :)

Want to add in that spaces are limited if you're attending Gamescom and are interested in coming to the panel. :)

This is... dissapointing. There was no Add On-Announcement since a year, while in sims 3 2 came out nearly every year. :anguished:
    I'm really dissapointed of Sims 4 at the moment :disappointed:
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

To be clear: We already informed everyone what to expect as far as paid content releasing for this quarter.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    My own 2 cents - I don't see why TS needs a Q&A panel. Like seriously what is the point when they are unable to talk about anything that players actually want to know??

This is just random speculation: Maybe they have bad news which they're not ready to give us yet and they want to maintain their relationship with the community while they prepare for transitions.

Maybe, but unless this is a free for all I doubt anything substantial will surface from it.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    So is anyone from the forums going to Gamescom and planning to take Drake up on her offer?
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    So is anyone from the forums going to Gamescom and planning to take Drake up on her offer?

I wish :(

• KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    This is ridiculous we just want answers but as usual we get nothing and were shutting down this thread give me a break .Not that I care or anything but it's same old same old I guess oh well
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    If nothing is announced in August, that will mean no EP in October and November.
    The next and last possible announcement will be in October with the quarter teaser.

Not necessarily -- they could announce end of August and release it end of September or even early October. It's only free content that has to be released the same quarter it's teased -- and they could give us a second teaser for free content in September.

You mean October, the next teaser would be in October not September :)

No it would be in September to show what s coming in October to December.

Actually, @AquaSimmer1212 is correct. The teaser for April-June was released in April and the teaser for July-September was released in July. Unless they plan on changing that.

Yea what you said; each quarter is 3 months, so the next teaser is October, for October-December :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    We wanted to know what's up with the conference. Sim Guru Drake gave us an answer. No more paid content will come out this quarter. They are not announcing anything new at the conference. I'm satisfied with that knowledge and I appreciate her telling us.

I'm talking specifically about this thread and the conference. Not about the guru's communicating the direction of the Sims or lack of the T word. That's for a different thread.
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    edited July 2016
    Anyone who has seen me knows I'm a defender of The Sims 4 but at this point you're just losing another fan, I'm really disappointed in the amount of secrecy and lack of announcements, even just teaser pictures or an actual Q&A with the forums that actually gives us info would be nice. But we don't get anything, the last GP was in December 2015 and December 2016 is only a few months away. At this point TS3 had already had World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, and Generations out. We only have 2 EPs and like 50 stuff packs nobody really asked for, yeah they're nice, but not that nice if we don't have anything else to go off. Sims Freeplay is getting more updates than us and they're free. Like I said, I've always been a defender of TS4 through thick and thin but at this point I'm feeling cowardice from the team and EA because people aren't happy with what they're doing and they're ashamed to announce anything. I think at this point I'm just done with the game, nothing exciting is being brought to it, and it hurts me to say because I've been a supporter since 2005, and there's a lot more things others and myself would much rather spend our money on.

But thank you @simgurudrake for telling us, it means a lot and I know you're trying your best to give us as much info as allotted.
    howsimlish wrote: »
    Anyone who has seen me knows I'm a defender of The Sims 4 but at this point you're just losing another fan, I'm really disappointed in the amount of secrecy and lack of announcements, even just teaser pictures or an actual Q&A with the forums that actually gives us info would be nice. But we don't get anything, the last GP was in December 2015 and December 2016 is only a few months away. At this point TS3 had already had World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, and Generations out. We only have 2 EPs and like 50 stuff packs nobody really asked for, yeah they're nice, but not that nice if we don't have anything else to go off. Sims Freeplay is getting more updates than us and they're free. Like I said, I've always been a defender of TS4 through thick and thin but at this point I'm feeling cowardice from the team and EA because people aren't happy with what they're doing and they're ashamed to announce anything. I think at this point I'm just done with the game, nothing exciting is being brought to it, and it hurts me to say because I've been a supporter since 2005, and there's a lot more things others and myself would much rather spend our money on.

But thank you @simgurudrake for telling us, it means a lot and I know you're trying your best to give us as much info as allotted.

Umm, we just got a GP? And Sims 3 had two studios which meant more content.

• lotrlover5858lotrlover5858 Posts: 9 New Member

I would if I could afford to go :(
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    Not according to this, just a few posts above yours - that seems to mean people could be included?

For those who will be at Gamescom to check out the show I'd love to meet you!

I saw the post.

Even if the panel is for the general public, I still think much of the panel will be made of those fansites and Youtubers. Planning to go to Gamescom is something that takes months of preparation and planning, and only recently did we get any official word about what the studio's and EA's plans were for Gamescom. I think it's safe to assume that fansites and Youtubers knew about the plans for Gamescom before we did, so the ones that are going have long established their plans for attending by now. Now obviously I don't know about everyone else's financial status, but there's no way I could jump up and get on a plane for Germany, make hotel reservations, and go to Gamescom in just three weeks notice.

But for those who actually can and will go to Gamescom, that's great, You should post about your experiences once you return.

• lotrlover5858lotrlover5858 Posts: 9 New Member
    Umm, we just got a GP?

I'm not aware of any gps being released since June, the last two packs were sps (which I do love). I just wish we could get more answers :( The release of updates for Sims Freeplay is way more than for Sims 4. Even though they're done by different studios, I'm starting to feel like EA is allocating more money and resources for Freeplay instead of for 4, even though one is free and the other is pay. At this point, I am desperate for a new world (or two or three), whether or not packs are involved in the worlds. I really don't like it when my game is lacking in space in the worlds that I'm having to delete lots and families to create new ones.

Umm, we just got a GP?

I'm not aware of any gps being released since June, the last two packs were sps (which I do love). I just wish we could get more answers :( The release of updates for Sims Freeplay is way more than for Sims 4. Even though they're done by different studios, I'm starting to feel like EA is allocating more money and resources for Freeplay instead of for 4, even though one is free and the other is pay. At this point, I am desperate for a new world (or two or three), whether or not packs are involved in the worlds. I really don't like it when my game is lacking in space in the worlds that I'm having to delete lots and families to create new ones.

Yea that's the one I'm talking about, the person I responded to had said we haven't had a GP since December. I wish Freeplay wasn't a real time app, then I'd actually like it...

• clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member

I wish I could go, but couldn't book the time off work :( otherwise I would
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Umm, we just got a GP?

The reason they would allocate more resources to Freeplay is that it's making them money. F2P games tend to bring in very good profits. The point of it is to get you hooked with the free stuff then you want to add more-maybe get things done faster, or obtain things that you can only get through purchase-optional items that you'd still love to have.

I'm willing to bet that if a lot of people added up those little $2.99 or $10.00 purchases they make over the lifespan of these games, they'd find they're sending way more than they would on a standard Sims game plus expansions in the same time period. That goes for any F2P game with microtransactions.

Corporations are pretty savvy about learning what will get them the most profit. That's why they're in business, after all. Every business must make profits.