Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats that in the sky?

Ive had the sims 3 for the longest time. And this has never happened to me before. So Im playing a family with a single mom and 2 children, 1 teen, 1 child. The mom was outside doing a sketch of something when all the sudden I got a notification that it got dark. And I was like what? Turns out it was a meteor. And it fell down and it exploded. I was shocked. I never had one come out of nowhere and explode right in the front yard. And well Yeah I got a visitor from Grimmy. So now my teen has to take care of her younger sister. So it was a surprise. Poor sims. But it sure did make for an interesting story. So wow I got to see something new for me. So this was an interesting twist and unexpected.
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited April 2016
    Meteors came with Ambitions. :) You should feel lucky! Some people try hard to get one and never do.

Keep moms urn and you might get the Oh My Ghost! opportunity.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Grats on your first meteor,but RIP too the sim who got squished. :(
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yeah RIP to the mom sim. But I am excited that I got to see the meteor death happen.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I've had ambitions for YEARS and never had a meteor! Congrats!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,348 Member
    Congrats and R.I.P to the mom... :)

I just had my first one last week and I've been playing TS3 since 2011. I had my Sims a on the rollercoaster when I got alert letting me know the sky is getting dark. As soon as they got off of the rollercoaster, I sent them home. They arrived home but not before my simself BF got singed... :)
  • Options
    CatKittyFish77CatKittyFish77 Posts: 33 Member
    I had my first meteor event just a few weeks ago myself. I've been playing since sims 2 lol. I got up and walked away from my computer for like 5 minutes....game back to a dead sim...she was the only one in the house. It was also the second time this particular sim had died from an accident. She was originally killed by a vending machine at the University, I had never had that happen either. Shes my accident pron sim and she doesn't have the unlucky treat lol. At least this time I had the death flower on her.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Its interesting to hear other peoples stories of meteor falling. I do have the grave stone. Not sure if Im going to do the task or not if I get the option. It would be interesting either way. Having a ghost as a mom or being 2 orphans trying to survive on their own. All I know is things got interesting fast for this poor family.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've had Ambitions since release and I've only ever gotten one meteor. I wish it would happen a little more often (or better yet, a way to increase the chances of it happening). I'd like fate to sometimes step in and take care of my overly crowded household problems some days. :D:D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    When you get that notification that it's getting dark if you don't want to lose your sim and I don't I move him inside or out of the way, right away. It only had to happen once and I learned! Hate the mess you have to clean up after though.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I've gotten a couple but always through the telescope. It will increase the chances of one landing right on top of your sim.

tumblr_nnami7xJtp1ssiu0eo1_400.png
    tumblr_nnamv5V8rl1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nnan10d3SG1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2016
    I got that notification with a pregnant sim who was practicing guitar outside. I had heard about meteors but had never had one before then. I was so freaked out I had her quit and sent her immediately to the spa. She wasn't even on the lot by the time it hit. I think she was pregnant; that's kind of how I remember it, but it was a long time ago.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @alyssasim87 ... Grats On Your Meteor!

I played for the longest time and never saw a meteor.
    Up until I was playing a Sim in a Challenge ... And he had the worst luck.

It was a skills/money challenge ... But to help pass the time and have fun he got to know a female Sim.
    She was currently dating another guy and when my Sim started messing with her ... The first meteor came.
    He kissed her anyway .. While the boyfriend watched.

Survival%20004_zpsoazakrqq.jpg

It doesn't end there though ... He went on a date with her later ... Bam, A meteor hits.
    Finally ... She showed up at his site ... And they got to messing around in the tent.
    She almost didn't make it ... His tent didn't ... And he had to spend the rest of the challenge sleeping in public buildings around town.

Survival%20005_zpss4cxl8en.jpg
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    RIP for the mom but yes I never had had one and I still play the Sims 3 but some people are lucky to get them
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Congratulations! Events like that make the game so much fun, the surprises amd unexpected things that can happen. It happened to me twice spontaneously (once in China, once in the middle of Dragon Valley) but I always make sure I get my sims out of the way safely :p Aliens can force meteors by the way. If you'd want your sim to be alive again in a more easy way than Oh My Ghost and ambrosia, you could try and find the dusty lamp ;) (you do need Showtime for that) One of the genie wishes is to resurrect a dead person.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I've experienced my first meteor like two years ago (and currently my last)... And it was on my sim's Wedding day...

My sim came out as singed and her fiance died... As did a few other guests.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have seen a few of them before. Had one at University once, was interesting seeing ghosts of students around campus ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Wow, That never happens to me, only when I was in the future but not when I'm playing in the world they live in.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've had 2 meteors in the three years I've had Ambitions. The first time I got the message, while my teen was at the school, I thought the shadow looked like a meteor, but I thought those came with Seasons, so I didn't have my teen run away, and she was killed, along with a lot of other children. I quit without saving and returned to the previous save.

The second time was last year, in Lucky Palms. My sim worked in the military, and lived across the road from the military base. Her fiance also worked in the military. I got her out, but I couldn't do anything about the fiance. He survived though. The meteor hit the back of the building, right where her map tag indicated she had been.
  • Options
    ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    I only had one meteor and it was when all my sims where in the house. So I turned on testingcheatsenabled true and teleported them to the library.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I've never had a meteor hit any sims. My Sim saw one with a telescope, but it hit across town. I sent my sim to get it and it was one of the rare ones that sold for a nice sum of simoleons. :lol:
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've experienced my first meteor like two years ago (and currently my last)... And it was on my sim's Wedding day...

My sim came out as singed and her fiance died... As did a few other guests.

Holy cow, that's awful!! I bet it was at the part where the minister says "If anyone objects to this wedding, speak now or forever hold your peace" ?? Someone upstairs didnt want them to get married!!
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well I had to laugh after my first meteor, a few neighbours came out and although none died, a few did get scorched. A couple of Sim days later I was going to get one of my Sims to make a phone call, scrolled through the portraits and saw one of the neighbours was still scorched. Obviously after being hit they went back home and as I hadn't played them since the meteor hit they had never changed out of their 'scorched clothes' which made me laugh ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I've never had a meteor hit any sims. My Sim saw one with a telescope, but it hit across town. I sent my sim to get it and it was one of the rare ones that sold for a nice sum of simoleons. :lol:

I had this happen once too.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I've had 2 meteors in the three years I've had Ambitions. The first time I got the message, while my teen was at the school, I thought the shadow looked like a meteor, but I thought those came with Seasons, so I didn't have my teen run away, and she was killed, along with a lot of other children. I quit without saving and returned to the previous save.

The second time was last year, in Lucky Palms. My sim worked in the military, and lived across the road from the military base. Her fiance also worked in the military. I got her out, but I couldn't do anything about the fiance. He survived though. The meteor hit the back of the building, right where her map tag indicated she had been.
    That sounds pretty bad :o Because even though you're able to save your own kids, there will always end up kids dying when a meteor hits a school. Not sure if I'd like that. Was there no meteor attack when you played it the second time?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    IreneSwift wrote: »

That sounds pretty bad :o Because even though you're able to save your own kids, there will always end up kids dying when a meteor hits a school. Not sure if I'd like that. Was there no meteor attack when you played it the second time?

No, I returned to the first thing in the morning of the same day, and the meteor was mid-afternoon. I guess it was long enough beforehand, that the game hadn't determined to have it happen yet, so the second time around it didn't happen. I was prepared though, to have my teen run home as soon as I got the message. If that didn't work, I would have gone back again and had her play hooky and go fishing. She was spending every spare moment fishing anyway, and had mastered the skill before she finished high school, on a normal lifespan.

Later, I kind of regretted not saving with a different file name, so I could play it through to the next day, and find out what the newspaper would say after all those kids and teachers having died at once. There were survivors though. Some of them were outside and missed getting hit. But there were still quite a few inside, including my teen.