Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lighting Mods That Actually Change the Game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar, can you using the mod along with Burtwaffle's? Or will I have to take one out to use the other?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm pretty sure you can use the dynamic shadows mod from dDefinder with any other lighting mod or the default lighting that has been built into any particular world file. But AFAIK you wouldn't be able to use Brnwaffles Fresh Cut Day, for example, with one of dDefinder's Main lighting mods (the ones that give you a choice of balanced, brighter, or darker).
    Thanks for all the replies everybody! I'll try Buhudain's V5, since it doesn't require altering game files. Some really pretty and inspiring screenies here!

Just FYI, you can just drop the one that @Jessa_Dakkar uses in your mods folder. He just explains how to alter game files if you want to make it a permanent part of your world (or if you want it to replace the lighting in a world that already has custom lighting in it).
    Post edited by HappySimmer3 on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Hi! I'm REALLY sorry to re-awaken this thread, but I need to know, what happens if you change all of the files with S3pe for only one world, but not others? Will all of the others which haven't been changed glitch out tremendously or will it simply not work?

Thanks ._.
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks @Simasaurus09 I used Gelina's instructions for adding her lighting tweaks to brntwaffles Fresh Cut Day and I love the way it looks. I'll have to see if I can find or take a better picture to show it (although won't get to play for a few days), but here is a shot that I thought was lovely. It's in @Rflong7's Glenvale County.

32322357532_ca44bf26bb_c.jpg

@AuzzPanda as long as you are just tweaking the world files it shouldn't affect your other worlds. The mods that go in your Mods folder affect all worlds except those with custom lighting and weather, I believe.

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Not good for not powerful graphic card I bet... ;'(
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    I have a NVIDIA 1070 graphics card which, at least to my mind, is pretty powerful. So I'm not sure what you mean @Simsophonique.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think they mean that it might make the game perform badly if using those lighting tweaks and mod on a lower end card.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have a NVIDIA 1070 graphics card which, at least to my mind, is pretty powerful. So I'm not sure what you mean @Simsophonique.

@HappySimmer3 oldest ones :) like Nvidia GT200 1 GB for instance (mine crappy one) and other oldies. Not the fresh new graphic cards. That doesn't work because I only have brntwaffle's sky colours and water and I have no changes except of the colour of the water and the colour of the sky/clouds/auroras.
    Pary wrote: »
    I think they mean that it might make the game perform badly if using those lighting tweaks and mod on a lower end card.

I mean exactly this , my English is so weak sometimes I just say the minimum as if I am lazy.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Oh, for NOT powerful cards. Sorry I completely misread that! If you've tried lighting mods before and they didn't do much for your game then you are probably right. :(

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Just curious: has anyone tried to make videos with these lighting changes? Are videos just as clear and gorgeous as the screenshots on here?
  • Options
    No idea, @aricarai. I wouldn't know the first thing about shooting a video I'm afraid. I don't watch very many either. Maybe someone else knows?

All I can tell you is that I never edit my shots, just like I've never used a pose player mod. Everything I post is right out of the game (unless you count the CC I use). ;)

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    No idea, @aricarai. I wouldn't know the first thing about shooting a video I'm afraid. I don't watch very many either. Maybe someone else knows?

All I can tell you is that I never edit my shots, just like I've never used a pose player mod. Everything I post is right out of the game (unless you count the CC I use). ;)

Thank you - I need to start making lists of what I want to put on my new computer. Your pictures are stunning! <3