Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trapped sims disappearing ?

I have an evil sim who kidnaps other sims and locks them up in her basement.

Once the sims are in their cell I delete the door so there is no way they can leave ... yet every so often one will simply disappear.
The first three she 'caught' are still there , but the fourth and sixth sims just up and vanished (she has eight trapped down there at the moment)

So how come some can get out and others cant ?

Comments

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Weird question, but have you checked the roof? For some reason at the Goth house people can end up stuck on the roof, even though there is no way up there. Maybe there is a similar glitch happening for you?

I've also had Sims fade out and be invisible. Is it possible they are still there, just glitched out?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Do they move into the lot as household members? Do you leave the lot?.. I don't know but maybe if you leave the area they can go home if they don't live there. Just a wild guess though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Well dang. I have just set up a sim to do exactly that. My intention was for her to cull the townies for me. That's no good if they can get out!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Did you check to see if they were actually culled?
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2015
    They might escape when you switch to another household. I have an evil scientists Sim with a few "test subjects" in his basement. When I go play another family, I sometimes see them walking around and I'm like "You're not supposed to be out here! Back in your cell!"
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Just a question..... What does she do with them? They just sit there and die?

To answer your question, maybe they are being culled. Are they apart of your household?
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    She meets them then they go to the cell together , I move her out of the cell and delete the door ... the trapped sims are not part of her household.

I havent played another family since starting this game so that isnt a cause

She doesnt leave the lot by traveling , she runs around the neighbourhood outside her home snaring passers by

One of the sims that disappeared I got her to invite over again (he was in her friends list and was the fourth sim she trapped) after being trapped for a while the second time he just disappeared again , I have no idea why , he is still in her friends list so he hasnt been culled.

The plan is to let them die so she will have loads of gravestones to gloat over , lol

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I wonder if they have careers and the game lets them out somehow to go to work.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    She meets them then they go to the cell together , I move her out of the cell and delete the door ... the trapped sims are not part of her household.

She doesnt leave the lot by traveling , she runs around the neighbourhood outside her home snaring passers by

One of the sims that disappeared I got her to invite over again (he was in her friends list and was the fourth sim she trapped) after being trapped for a while the second time he just disappeared again , I have no idea why , he is still in her friends list so he hasnt been culled.

The plan is to let them die so she will have loads of gravestones to gloat over , lol

I think she will have to make friends with them and move them in in order to have head stones. That is what I am planning with my sim. She will take their money too once they are added to the household. Bait. Set. Trap. They have no idea what is coming. muahahahaha
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The ones who vanished were a teen and an adult .... but I have other teens , adults , YA and elders in the cells and they havent disappeared
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

I think she will have to make friends with them and move them in in order to have head stones. That is what I am planning with my sim. She will take their money too once they are added to the household. Bait. Set. Trap. They have no idea what is coming. muahahahaha

Not really
    In another game Mortimer Goth died at a party my sim was throwing. so did another woman and my sims gardener. All of their graves were left on my sims lot and she could go and grieve if she wanted.

Then I released two of the ghosts and destroyed their gravestones and just kept the gardeners ghost and stone
  • Options
    I don't have a clue if you don't travel... and just save. Do you go and play another family in that game? I'm curious.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't have a clue if you don't travel... and just save. Do you go and play another family in that game? I'm curious.

Nope , I just play that one sim in that save
  • Options
    Well I'm stumped lol... I wouldn't like my guests escaping either though. Hehehe
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AdeborableAdeborable Posts: 1 New Member
    They maybe disappearing because you can only have 6 characters living on the lot at once. Whenever I try to trap more than 4 people (my sims are the other 2) the last person disappears.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have an evil sim who kidnaps other sims and locks them up in her basement.

Once the sims are in their cell I delete the door so there is no way they can leave ... yet every so often one will simply disappear.
    The first three she 'caught' are still there , but the fourth and sixth sims just up and vanished (she has eight trapped down there at the moment)

So how come some can get out and others cant ?
    Cannibals.

Sims have been known to do this - there is no blood or anything, they just consume another Sim in one go - like in a split-second.

Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Sounds a little like the plot line for "Arsenic and Old Lace" … :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Adeborable wrote: »
    They maybe disappearing because you can only have 6 characters living on the lot at once. Whenever I try to trap more than 4 people (my sims are the other 2) the last person disappears.

You can have 8 sims per household, and definitely more than 8 sims per lot (I know that 100+ sims per lot is capable with mods), so that's not the case.
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    I've done this before with vampire sims. I built a whole dungeon- except I just lock the cell doors, not delete them, for aesthetic. Why don't you do that too??

The only time they disappeared was when I left the lot...

Sooo Maybe try it with just locking the doors (add them to group --> "walk here with group" into the cell ---> lock door to allow only you --> disband group)

Because *maybe* the game will recognize that they are purposely locked in instead of just trapped as a possible result of a glitch/stuck, forcing the game to correct it.

Just a thought, though. Not sure if the scripting is that smart.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    Alina29895Alina29895 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="simmese;d-837605"]I have an evil sim who kidnaps other sims and locks them up in her basement.

So how come some can get out and others cant ?[/quote]

I have the same problem (Sims 3). I randomly decided to make a female sim with the Heartbreaker aspiration so I make her lure random men in her basement, have a kid with them, and just keep them trapped in there.

So far it worked with 2 guys, I surrounded them with half-walls and let them starve. It was taking a while and I got impatient so I just lit up a fireplace and kept it lit up until a fire starts.

The first guy starved to death while being on fire which was funny to me. Second one burned to death.

As I saw that it was working, I went for a third guy right after my sim gave birth to the 2nd guy's daughter. At first I surrounded him with a normal wall and a door that was locked for everyone. He couldn't leave anywhere so I was happy.

But when he said the whole "It was nice but I gotta go" thing I quickly paused the game and moved the camera to him to see him complaining that he can't leave.

But NO! He just vanished!! I was disappointed but I tried again the next day. When I did, he did the exact sng; said he has to go and vanished. Is it a glitch? Is his job too important to be trapped in my basement? How???
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top