Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    The sculptures the sims can make out of clay have their own environmental moodlets. Miko made a llama sculpture at a party recently and it made everyone playful. Someone else molded something else and the playful moodlet went away. Not sure what the other sculptures do yet (teapot, star, eiffel tower etc.).
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The sculptures the sims can make out of clay have their own environmental moodlets. Miko made a llama sculpture at a party recently and it made everyone playful. Someone else molded something else and the playful moodlet went away. Not sure what the other sculptures do yet (teapot, star, eiffel tower etc.).

I think the bust makes sims inspired, the teapot energised and the starfish focused.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I may be daft, but I had no idea 5 sims could work on the school project. I always thought it was limited to 3. I just happened to click extra people to see who would get there first and they all helped. And they got done with it in like 30 sim minutes!

PEgJxvE.jpg
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I may be daft, but I had no idea 5 sims could work on the school project. I always thought it was limited to 3. I just happened to click extra people to see who would get there first and they all helped. And they got done with it in like 30 sim minutes!

PEgJxvE.jpg

That's adorable! I love it!
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member

PEgJxvE.jpg

I thought only one person could help. Thanks, great to know.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I thought this might be a fun thread, but I also don't want to be the only one who learns something basic so late in the game, as it were. Lately, I've had my Sims be far more hospitable to the Welcome Wagon. I have one of them prepare a platter of drinks from the Globe Bar and place it on the dining table. (Actually, one of my Sims placed it on the table autonomously. I'm so proud of her. LOL) What I discovered is there is a way to 'call to grab a drink'. Previously, the drinks would mostly just sit there and nobody, but maybe the family would partake in them. Kind of defeats the purpose, you know? I discovered (and I'm certain it was strictly by accident, a moment of Serendipity) that if you carefully click on the bottom edge of the tray, you get the desired command. I either didn't try it in years past, or failed to find that sweet spot. But, this discovery has opened an array of possibilities. And if you didn't know this already, I'm very happy to share it.

So, please do share what discovery, no matter how simple, you have made recently. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Hi!
    You might enjoy the "Things You Didn't Know" thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829244/things-you-didnt-know/p1
    Lots of (sometimes basic) things that even us older simmers are learning every day. :smile:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Thank you, I should have looked there, first.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I know I've said it before but I really need to go through this thread again and compose a list of things I've never tried.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Speaking of school projects, did you know that sims have a little different animations when working sloppily.

For example, when they mix test tubes, sims working sloppily will shake it so hard that some liquid will come out.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited August 2021
    Never knew about this.

VVquLcL.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Restaurants are the new libraries

Want a way to max skills fast? Add the Snaggle Fluster drink to a restaurant menu then visit the restaurant with a skill book in your sim's inventory.

Order a table, order the said drink then read the book. The skill should increase quicker than normal and your sim should have a dazed moodlet from the drink.

Warning - the Snaggle Fluster drains a sim's bladder quicker than normal too!
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Have you noticed the octopus chef on the pizza box? :D
    TsVTjDI.png
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I know I've said it before but I really need to go through this thread again and compose a list of things I've never tried.
    This thread could use an index or something, but I suppose it's just a place to list things, not necessarily to look them up.

I've an ongoing archive of things I've found in-game, but I'll share 3. Today's theme: Children.
    1. Children can ask librarians for help with homework.
      eLAAIuk.png
    2. Children can dance with Mannequins.
      KhTxRUW.png
    3. Ghost children can appear in the rotation of ghosts within lots that have the "Spooky" trait.
      nnO29Oh.png
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @KyreRoen
    Not only children, but also sims with goofball and erratic traits. Now I also suspect that sims with childish trait can also dance with mannequins...
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I never knew that there were secret entrances hidden around Windenburg. One connects the ancient ruins to the Mansion and one connects the island to the bluffs.

I knew about the island to the bluffs but I didn’t know about the ruins to the mansion. I have to check that out.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I never knew that there were secret entrances hidden around Windenburg. One connects the ancient ruins to the Mansion and one connects the island to the bluffs.

Yes. These are also mentioned in Lessons (at least that's where I remember learning about them).

Every neighborhood (except Lykke Centre, the modern community one) has an entrance to the one-lot neighborhood.
    In Olde Platz (old town), you can find a door in the walls near two uninhabited residential that takes you to the ruins.
    In Windslar (countryside), you can find a big fancy gate that takes you to Von Haunt Estate.
    In The Crumbling Isle (the island), you can find a leafy cave that takes you to The Bluffs.

If I remember it correctly, the SimGurus have said in one of Get Together's lifestreams that these lots (the ruins, Von Haunt Estate and The Bluffs) were originally meant to be secret lots, but they decided otherwise as a lot of players haven't discovered those existing ones (after all, if you haven't read about it on the Internet, what else compels you to interact with a certain tree in Willow Creek?).
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I was building a small bathroom and I wanted a tub in there, but they were too big. So I decided to size one down once and I discovered it's still usable by adult sized sims.

Here's the bathroom layout
    5rz0Z4f.jpg

Tub being used by a child
    cyYlyxs.png

Tub being used by a teen
    Z361fuG.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I was building a small bathroom and I wanted a tub in there, but they were too big. So I decided to size one down once and I discovered it's still usable by adult sized sims.

Here's the bathroom layout
    5rz0Z4f.jpg

Tub being used by a child
    cyYlyxs.png

Tub being used by a teen
    Z361fuG.png

You can also surround one with a half wall that matches the tub’s height and then choose wallpaper that matches your bathroom for a custom look and the tub still works fine, it looks best with the more squared off modern tubs, it also works with the Perfect Patio hot tubs.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Axel autonomously decided to go "Hug Out the Cold" for his daughter.
    Before seeing this I had no idea there's a friendly equivalent to the "warm up with body heat" interaction even though it's quite logical there should be.
    JSPPJML.jpg
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I learned yesterday that your sim can "Apologize - in bed" when they have done something and is being yelled at.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    If you buy an upgraded object from a retail store, you'll get the object with upgrades.
  • Options
    KStationKStation Posts: 2 New Member
    I didn't know there was a first person mode in the game!!!! :o
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    @mlnov39 I have a goofball sim who always gets super playful and I always get worried that he'll make it to the hysterical stage and die.

Then I'll avoid Goofball :D

I wish they'd remove the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ emotional death feature. I'm a goofball irl and while I have been known to wax hysterical laughing on occasion, the only death it causes is social. :sweat_smile: Sims being able to die laughing, die of embarrassment, that doesn't improve immersion, and it's not the kind of "sense of humor" Sims 1, 2, and 3 had that Sims4 lacks. I mean, Sims4 Sims cannot die in a fight even if they lose a fight 10X, but they can die of embarrassment or laughter. :confused:
    Actually, if you fight an elder a couple of times the elder can die a little while after the fight, it just doesn’t happen immediately.

Is this new? I tried it like 7 times and all they ever get is dazed. But that was almost 2 years ago. Maybe they've updated it since? You've inspired me to go try Sims4 again for the first time in forever, to go see! When I was trying to fulfill a requirement for an aspiration of Public Enemy I think it was, to "watch a Sim die" I tried to kill an elder by fighting and had to resort to seduction instead after nothing else worked.
    I didn't know until just recently that in Sims3, the loading screen pics with prompts to "find the...(object)" weren't just to look at with my eyes to pass the time, but were meant to be clicked on for extra Life Satisfaction points I could earn for my sim while waiting!

@Nushnushganay you might want to also share that in the Sims 3 Things You Didn't Know thread. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917439/sims-3-things-you-didnt-know/p44

oops, will do that! Glad it helped someone else here too, though.

@logion that's so iconic, the racoon digging through the trash! Cool tip, too!

And for the current question, I found the last time I opened a Sims4 save, that the child my alien female got with Father Winter, had a "father winter's child" trait added to him! not sure what it does if anything, but there it is!
    It’s been at least a year, maybe more. And it was the “watch a sim die” that I was trying for too. In my instance it just took two fights for the elder to die. But, it took a bit longer for it to happen. I had given up when I saw the grim reaper come.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    A sim who already has a degree and goes back to university for another one will start out with 4 credits from the getgo and only needs 8 more, meaning the second (and any future) degree can be earned in two sim weeks if they always take four classes at once. At first I thought this was a beneficial side effect of completing the Academic aspiration the first time around, but the reward trait doesn't say anything about it, so I'm not sure.
    Probably because in college in the United States, you need to complete some basic units, no matter what your major is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top