Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    If you press alt on the keyboard when placing wallpaper, it covers the entire section of the wall you're decorating. If you press shift, it covers the entire room.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    If you have Parenthood (which I just bought), it appears that any of your Sims can do obnoxious things. They can Be Gross, which includes Fart and Belch. They can also Shout Forbidden Words.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I just found out that kids who have unlocked Charisma can use mirrors to practice speech and level the Charisma skill. This is going to make my life so much easier!
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited September 2021
    I had no idea this camera could be operated:

fhN3hQF.png
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @MoonlightGraham Not only that, if your Sim ages up with the Bad Manners trait, they can encourage their kids to do those things!
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Sims with adrenaline seeker lifestyle get confident when interacting with Grim Reaper.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    If you have Parenthood (which I just bought), it appears that any of your Sims can do obnoxious things. They can Be Gross, which includes Fart and Belch. They can also Shout Forbidden Words.

Plus Parenthood brings in interactions like wind down with classical music, playing instruments with emotion, jogging to clear the mind etc to get rid of negative emotions. While these are only available to teens and children, you can keep those interactions past those age when sim has emotional control trait.
    Of course you can go for uncontrolled emotions if you want to, but that will mean that your sim will keep getting those mood swings, though they are much weaker (2 points compared to teens' 50). Though for the same reason, don't age up a teen with a mood swing. It could lead to death by anger/embarrassment.

But I'll share some other fun facts about character value traits.
    • The description for irresponsible trait tells that they'll encounter new situations at work that usually lowers job performance (chance cards). What it doesn't tell is that sims with responsible trait will also encounter new chance cards, this time they'll help to raise job performance.
    • Sims with bad manners have new friendly interactions that will never raise the relationship (like commenting on appearance). This will actually give you a response in form of text notification.
    • Sims with empathy trait will feel tense after being mean.
    • When a sim with good manners visits another sim, the sim they're visiting will receive a happy moodlet. Sims with bad manners give tense instead.
  • dororammdororamm Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it before, but in the university during the debate showdown (the debate guild from university of Britechester event) students from both universities can take part. The Foxbury students will wear red jackets instead green and can't join the guild but can still participate in the event.
  • dororammdororamm Posts: 2 New Member
    So. I couldn't figure out how to edit my previous post so I'm writing a new one.
    Did anyone know that if you play rotationally, your other households still can take part in Finchwick Fair competitions?
    I don't know if this happened because I actually took part in a pie competition when I played that family, but playing different family now I suddenly got a notification about winning third place in pie competition for the father of the other household. I also played three other families in between so it wasn't the first competition after the change but this is the first notification I got.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    dororamm wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it before, but in the university during the debate showdown (the debate guild from university of Britechester event) students from both universities can take part. The Foxbury students will wear red jackets instead green and can't join the guild but can still participate in the event.

That's awesome! The reveal trailer showed the same thing (UBrite vs. Foxbury debate), but the showdown took place indoors (which was inaccurate). It's awesome to know that it's possible to recreate the same thing in game. Makes me want to test it out.
    It also makes me think if UBrite students can participate in utility bot contests? Guess it's another thing to test out.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2021
    If you are having trouble with sims doing the dishes or putting away plates in the restaurant, make sure that there is not a stack of plates on a shelf somewhere which they can't reach.

I kind of already knew this but I didn't realize this was always a huge problem in my restaurants, especially if you like to download restaurants from the gallery, they often have decorative shelves everywhere.
    Post edited by logion on
    One of the Playful moodlets made me laugh, and got a jingle stuck in my head:

Toying Around
    (From Play With Toy)
    "From bikes to trains to video games..."
    edited October 2021
    Since my last one posted twice for some reason and I have another one, I'll just take this opportunity to fill in the blank...

I didn't know sims could send you a text to respond to your Simstagram posts! Alexander (Goth) just posted a photo of his Chez Llama dinner on Simstagram, and Eve Thorpe sent him a text that it looked yummy! What is this and where has it been this whole game?! More of this PLEASE!?!?!

Unfortunately, it happened so quickly I couldn't grab a screenshot.
    Post edited by WildIrishBanshee on
  • LoveDesiLoveDesi Posts: 15 Member
    I didn't know that when you throw a party and its bad. The whole town (whomever was invited) would have a negative sentiment. That was spectacular and a total bummer all at once. Lol!. I couldn't stop laughing.😁😜

Everytime I went around a person who came to the party they be in a negative mood. Like wth?..😁😂😂😂🤦🏾🤷🏾
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    I restarted this Thread because the other ones are old.

I just learned something that surprised me. Did you know it's possible to Potty Train Toddlers, even when their Needs Decay is Disabled? I cheat them all up to full and then disable the Needs Decay while their Daddy is away at work. (I like to follow him to the Studios where he's busy being an actor, at the moment.) I was very surprised when the youngest of the four Toddlers was able to be Potty trained by his mother. This is very useful. I safeguard the Tots by disabling Needs Decay. By the time the parents return from being away, many of them are in dire straights. I even had one taken from the household. :open_mouth:

But, it is very nice to know they can still be Potty Trained will empty bladders. Peter is on his way to level 3.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    logion wrote: »
    If you are having trouble with sims doing the dishes or putting away plates in the restaurant, make sure that there is not a stack of plates on a shelf somewhere which they can't reach.

I kind of already knew this but I didn't realize this was always a huge problem in my restaurants, especially if you like to download restaurants from the gallery, they often have decorative shelves everywhere.

Thanks for this tip. I noticed dishes piling up in the kitchen the last time I sent my sim to a restaurant.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't remember seeing this in here, but if it's already been mentioned, please let me know and I'll remove the post. Thank you! :)

Items that normally could not be dragged and sold from inside your Sims personal inventory such as; climbing equipment, robotic mechanisms, computer chips, Hazmat suit, certain bug repellants, salves, earbuds, conservationist canoe, etc. CAN be sold in there if you first turn on the 'multiselect' feature and select each object you want to sell. Afterward, just click the button on the bottom right that has a total of items selected and a total of the combined value. Voila! Some objects might not be worth anything, but it's still great having a way to get rid of them and not have a clogged up personal inventory with objects thought to be stuck in there forever!

I just learned this myself recently and it was a wonderful 'AHA!' moment. :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I didn't know that you can have "power" in a lot that is "off-the-grid", if you produce more than you use. FINALLY!

A whole new menu pops up apparently where you can designate what uses the power (and water if that is also an issue, yet you produce more than consume)

Yes. The menu that is on the mailbox. I love getting energy from the insect boxes from Eco Lifestyle. You can nurture them and eventually you get insect bio fuel for the generators!
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited October 2021
    I decided I wanted to play a Sim who lived in Windenburg. For some reason I'd never done that. I also had some CAS creations I wanted to add to my world, so I evicted some of the premade Windenburgers (chosen randomly) and either renovated their houses or bulldozed them and put something else in their place. I also added a spa to one of the lots.

When my Sim visited the spa for the first time, I discovered Marcus Flex had landed a job as a massage therapist. And, across the way, there was Eva Capricciosa, preparing to teach a yoga class. Apparently the game will pick existing premades to fill some of these jobs if they're available. I wonder if any others will show up as bartenders, vendors, etc.?

Neither Marcus nor Eva have jobs when you leave them alone at the beginning of a game. Apparently being evicted motivated them to do something besides party. :D
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I just now realized that if you have the Knitting stuff pack you can knit your own animal clothing in cottage living.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    If you sing Pancake's End in front of Bob Pancake, he gets angry.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited October 2021
    dororamm wrote: »
    So. I couldn't figure out how to edit my previous post so I'm writing a new one.
    Did anyone know that if you play rotationally, your other households still can take part in Finchwick Fair competitions?
    I don't know if this happened because I actually took part in a pie competition when I played that family, but playing different family now I suddenly got a notification about winning third place in pie competition for the father of the other household. I also played three other families in between so it wasn't the first competition after the change but this is the first notification I got.

I had this happen with the Geek-con Hack-a-thon, and my twins also compete in the Sulani Fishing contest. The Fishing Contest usually has more sims participate instead of the Geek-Con contests.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    When you mouse over a livestock animal that’s in the process of being reaped, its age is listed as “One… Last… Pet”. Kinda sweet and a bit morbid.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    I didn't know spellcasters can use Morphiate to temporarily change ghosts in to objects. Did it to Guidry just to see what would happen & he turned in to a ceramic pig for a few hours lol.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I had a group of Sims celebrate the New Year by watching the Countdown to Midnight. They were all pretty sad because a family member had died. They said “shashooby” as usual, but they sounded much sadder than usual.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top