The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Wow, @junceda, that is an amazing build! I'm in awe of your talent, I haven't the patience for it.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Wow, it's been a while since I last came to the forums. Lately I've been playing my 100 baby challenge (which is kind of family play?). This is the first matriarch, Naomi. After 21 babies she's surprisingly still not even halfway through her young adult stage.

10-24-16_83819c2a0pm.png?w=680

She paints for a living, which is fun for me because I get to see a bunch of nice art.

10-26-16_43551c2a0pm.png?w=680

But mostly she hunts down menfolk and is pregnant. She has a pretty sad life.

10-23-16_41551c2a0pm.png?w=680

Here are some of her children eating a meal together.

10-24-16_90532c2a0pm.png?w=680

And the whole family (minus the fifteen other children) bonding over an arcade game.

10-26-16_45307c2a0pm.png?w=680

And with that I'm off to continue the challenge. :)
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @junceda wow words can't describe how beautiful those builds are.

@IchigoUsagi poor mum but great pics of kids. So you have a favourite kid so far ?
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 @elanorbreton @scobre sorry to hear you haven't all been well, but I'm glad your wrist is improving Eleanor. I can join the sick club but thankfully I am well on the mend. I had some jaw inflammation followed by a very very painful nerve condition in the face. Thankfully I have meds now which is treating it and I'm back at work part time. Sending healing thoughts to all who are not well. Xx
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,579 Member
    Gosh, that sounds horrid @cherpar I hope that it is soon completely healed.

I finally got my trackball yesterday and... it was faulty :( Two weeks of waiting to play my game for nothing. I have given up on that seller and am ordering a more expensive one from Amazon Prime, at least I will get it tomorrow in time for CL! I'm not massively excited about the new ep, but I am looking forward to trying it out.

I miss the days of ts3 when the excitement was so high I would be hanging out of my porch looking for the postman arriving with my new disc... I'd snatch it out of his hand, calling him a hero and giggling excitedly, then run to my pc whilst ripping off the packaging with my teeth. Ah, those were the days.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I may try out the new patch soon but atm i cant be bothered, i never thought id say that in the same sentence as the sims.
    Im currently enjoying the remastered version of skyrim and i was on it six hours last night before i realised what time is was.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    I may try out the new patch soon but atm i cant be bothered, i never thought id say that in the same sentence as the sims.
    Im currently enjoying the remastered version of skyrim and i was on it six hours last night before i realised what time is was.

While I can't play the Remastered version on my computer, I will get it for the PS4 for Christmas. I do have regular Skyrim though and have been playing that.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

remastered? How'd I miss this? Tell me more, give me links!! Please!! :smiley:

Hope everyone is doing better. Life is busy and puter is still wonky so not playing as much as I'd like. Hubby gave me Rise of the Tomb Raider (with the downloaded content) for my birthday and I've been enjoying playing it. It is not quite as linear as previous versions so that is fun being able to pick and choose which cave or mission to do. I'm just playing on explorer level so not as much killing, but enough to make me cringe a bit.

@elanorbreton I do hope that you will enjoy CL and your new trackball arrives in time to play it. I'm sorry to say that I don't see one thing in it that makes me go WOW...I've got to buy the base so I can get this. Seems like they would be trying to woo people like me with a much better wow factor in the EP's. But, who am I, just a former customer.

I've pretty much decided from Grants interview and the things that are said in the simulation tech thread by the guru there, that the dev's will always have to make choices, and for some reason they seem to make strange ones that don't feel like simulation game play. But, they don't feel this is a simulation game, but some kind of warp between rpg and time management so guess those choices fit that. It just doesn't fit me. :(
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    @junceda - what can I say? That is quality work right there. If I had more patience I might dare something 1/1000000th as grand as that. Wow.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Sorry you haven't felt too great @sparkfairy1 *sending fluffy pink hugs and a hot water bottle*

Did folks see the patch notes today? One I am really, really pleased about:
    We fixed an issue that was unintentionally creating romantic relationships between married Sims not currently in the active household and NPCs. Married sims will not form romantic relationships with other NPCs while you are playing another household.

Edited to fix quote

Finally! This was the original reason that I stopped playing TS4. Still, yay?!
    bekkasan wrote: »

<snip>

If you already own all of the regular Skyrim on PC including all the DLC you should already have the remastered version in your Steam library. Anyone who owned all the stuff on PC before the launch, which was on the 28th, got a free copy. Sadly, buying all the stuff after the launch date won't work, but no doubt it will get a sale eventually.

There is no new content, and the textures aren't as improved as they could be but it's 64 bit and has a few other nice changes of that nature. Mods will be a little while to really catch up as the new Creation Kit won't be released until next week and only a few authors have had beta access.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »

Hope everyone is doing better. Life is busy and puter is still wonky so not playing as much as I'd like. Hubby gave me Rise of the Tomb Raider (with the downloaded content) for my birthday and I've been enjoying playing it. It is not quite as linear as previous versions so that is fun being able to pick and choose which cave or mission to do. I'm just playing on explorer level so not as much killing, but enough to make me cringe a bit.

@elanorbreton I do hope that you will enjoy CL and your new trackball arrives in time to play it. I'm sorry to say that I don't see one thing in it that makes me go WOW...I've got to buy the base so I can get this. Seems like they would be trying to woo people like me with a much better wow factor in the EP's. But, who am I, just a former customer.

I've pretty much decided from Grants interview and the things that are said in the simulation tech thread by the guru there, that the dev's will always have to make choices, and for some reason they seem to make strange ones that don't feel like simulation game play. But, they don't feel this is a simulation game, but some kind of warp between rpg and time management so guess those choices fit that. It just doesn't fit me. :(

Pop it in Google and you'll get all info. If you had the pc version and all add ons then it's free. Or if it was console then you have to buy again. :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Gong to start a Sims story thread soon if anyone is interested. It has a lot of my mostly unseen pictures from TS3 a few years ago when TS3 was still being developed. I miss those days very much but I have stayed loyal to TS3 as it is quite clear that it is the best in the series :smiley:

The story follows an orphaned boy named Toby who is looking for a new home

14884444_1826939714255379_8995267817244970944_o.jpg

He stays with the Henderson family who have also adopted two children before

14856185_1826940717588612_5127276333610943586_o.jpg

Toby is a very shy boy who feels more comfortable with girls

14917253_1826941074255243_2333940464503613891_o.jpg

Toby at school

14884654_1826951437587540_7144494636358354376_o.jpg

The children start aging up

14883498_1826954310920586_3778388419455776217_o.jpg

Some cheating went on

14566339_1826958027586881_6172499919590594919_o.jpg

Some of these Sims influenced some of my characters many years later. The girl here is not Jennifer but has the pony tail as a second outfit

14918834_1826958760920141_2764262328135422890_o.jpg

Toby is looking for love

14876585_1826959224253428_753864950705119229_o.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Great story and pics @king_of_simcity7 hope things end well for Toby
  • Options
    @cherpar Thanks I will provide a link once the thread is ready :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone noticed that feedback has been shuffled down the s4 list?

Lovely pics @king_of_simcity7
  • Options
    @clover24 Thanks for the feedback :smile:

I have noticed that they have reorganised everything, my guess as the new EP is about to launch and I guess our feedback is not needed anyway! :D

But part 1 of my story is now in a thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903461/old-story-of-mine-from-2010-2012/p1?new=1
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Well anyone got City living ? I just saw LGr review f it . And basically if you like previous game play you will like city living. If you don't you'l l be disappointed. Because it offers nothing really deep, or completely new.
  • Options
    Well anyone got City living ? I just saw LGr review f it . And basically if you like previous game play you will like city living. If you don't you'l l be disappointed. Because it offers nothing really deep, or completely new.

Just seen the review myself. He says 'a new skin for an existing game' which seems to be the case for TS4 expansions these days.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Yah I know I read your comments .
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @cherpar So far my favorite kid was the one Naomi had with Bjorn. Her name was Aya. She moved out a while ago but so far no one has lived up to her cuteness.

08-26-16_52135c2a0pm.png?w=680

09-05-16_12749c2a0pm.png?w=680
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @IchigoUsagi Your Sim kids are so cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @IchigoUsagi oh yes Aya is sooo cute :) I'm guessing it would be interesting to see all the different genetics.

@Horrorgirl6 I do but it's not out yet in Australia. Happy to report back later if your interested. But like I said sometime earlier in this thread I don't think it's a gamechanger, at all, for those who don't play sims 4.
  • Options
    @IchigoUsagi Cute pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 lovely pics and story, hope things get better between tim and Toby.
  • Options
    @cherpar Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top