Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple relationships on TS4?

Comments

• Options
    SummersBuffSummersBuff Posts: 74 Member
    Wait really? That was the sole purpose of this family I just created. I was going to have an all out affair but not if it doesn't matter. This really bums me out lol! I bet Mary Pleas Sue ant wishes she were in this reality of the sims.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    So the Sims can't see through walls now?
  • Options
    PansWooPansWoo Posts: 79 Member
    I'm guessing they can still only marry one person. It would be interesting to have a couple of spouses living together and bringing the kids up.
  • Options
    Yeah, you can be nice and sneaky in this game now. I made a family to test it out, a married couple in love and with a daughter, but the wife had an affair with a guy on the side every night while her husband was at work and eventually had his child (she announced the 'big news' to her husband, who wasn't at all suspicious). The child was born, the husband still doesn't have a clue about the true parentage. Although, it's worth mentioning, the second child is basically a stranger to the husband as she's unrelated to him technically, but I don't think the game is smart enough for the husband to then go, 'You had this baby and it's not mine, you're cheating.' So the family moves on, fine.
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited September 2014
    I made a new save for my younger brother and he downloaded some celebrity Sims (Mr. Bean, Jennifer Lopez, and Miley Cyrus) and got right to playing. He made Mr. Bean and Jennifer spouses and Miley as their roommate. My brother, wanting to stir up drama, got Mr. Bean and Miley to flirt while Jennifer was in her first trimester. She got pretty angry!
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    of course you don't have to have affairs if you don't want to...even if your sims got a little bit of the pink on the bar doesn't mean it won't succeed...I should know...my sim was very flirty with one sim and he tried to kiss her hands and she is like heck no! XD and though the bar in friendship and romance was pretty good, but sometime's it doesn't always fall through...I think they leave it this way for people to tell some juicy stories
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    cedricweehuntcedricweehunt Posts: 34 Member
    Not sure if certain traits have anything to do with jealousy, but my two sims had a dinner party. One sim started to flirt with another sim and the other sim got very angry, stomped around and all options to talk to the other sim were grayed out. The romance bar took a major hit, was full, the jealousy brought it down under half. I do have a screenshot of what it says about being jealous, but still trying to figure out how to post it.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    > @cowplantmilk said:
    > I was messing around with a 100 Baby Challenge. For my baby mama's aspiration she had to adopt a child. I adopted a daughter and I aged the adopted daughter up immediately. I wanted her to marry one of the father's of one of her siblings. I found one, had her move in with one and started planning the wedding. She of course invited her mother and siblings. Right after they cut the cake they were getting drinks at the bar and her mother started making out with her now husband. Nothing happened. At all. No mood change, no slap, absolutely nothing.
    >
    > Another "multiple romance" situation I have is in a save that I am playing in a round robin way. Play a household for a week and then switch. The two households I am playing have a relationship going on. They aren't boyfriend and girlfriend, but still maxed friendship and romance. I switch to the guys household for a week and when I go back to the girls household she has a new man, as well as the previous guy.

Adopt doesn't seem to be on my phone????
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    Yeah, you can be nice and sneaky in this game now. I made a family to test it out, a married couple in love and with a daughter, but the wife had an affair with a guy on the side every night while her husband was at work and eventually had his child (she announced the 'big news' to her husband, who wasn't at all suspicious). The child was born, the husband still doesn't have a clue about the true parentage. Although, it's worth mentioning, the second child is basically a stranger to the husband as she's unrelated to him technically, but I don't think the game is smart enough for the husband to then go, 'You had this baby and it's not mine, you're cheating.' So the family moves on, fine.

Apparently they need a "Maury" expansion, where they include paternity tests and sims can "Reveal a Big Secret" to another sim. I was wondering if a sim were to "Try for Baby" with multiple sims, but never take a pregnancy test afterwards, does the game keep track of who the father is, or once a sim is pregnant, is the "Try for Baby" option not given, even if the sim doesn't know she is pregnant? I think it would be interesting if neither parent knew who the father of a baby was in a situation like that.

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I've tried several sims to flirt with a married sim, but as soon as the other says their married they won't flirt anymore, so now I just don't ask.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Your sim has to be in the same room in order for them to get sad or angry. My sim flirted with some girl at the bar and the boyfriend was sad for a day. Then my sim flirts while her boyfriend is in a different room, and he never knew about it.
  • Options
    cowplantmilkcowplantmilk Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @feetinstockings said:
    > Adopt doesn't seem to be on my phone????

Adoption is on the computer now.

> @stewielover1992 said:
    > Your sim has to be in the same room in order for them to get sad or angry. My sim flirted with some girl at the bar and the boyfriend was sad for a day. Then my sim flirts while her boyfriend is in a different room, and he never knew about it.

In my case the mother, daughter, and husband were in the same cramped bar room at the park when the making out happened.
  • Options
    -_Kawaii-Giraffe_--_Kawaii-Giraffe_- Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Trick said:
    > Proxim wrote: »
    >
    > It seems that old days when two fell in love, moved together, had a couple of children and lived together until they died are considered so boring nowadays.

> The sad thing is that a lot of people actually do so and the game just mirrors their lifestyle. Or it's just me going pessimistic?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You're reading way too much into a game. That's like saying the people who play shooters really wish they could be out killing people.
    >
    > Some people find juggling multiple relationships in the game to be fun and/or a challenge. There's not really any more to it than that. And, for what it's worth, infidelity has been around probably since the dawn of humanity -- it's certainly not anything modern.

I agree.
  • Options
    kbacon3kbacon3 Posts: 23 New Member
    In response to trick and proxim. I've messed around with cheating in this game far too many times to count. In The Sims 3 I would have several vacation homes and each would go to it and bang out whoever they wanted. Then come back and none would be the wiser. And to be completely honest I've never actually cheated in my life and am happily in a relationship and have been for some time. Both of us build our relationship on transparency and communication. Just because some people do it doesn't mean anyone that likes messing with virtual relationships is dishonest.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    Wow, it's been six months since I've played. I'm finding myself missing the game, and the community.

Anyway, on topic, with my Beef family, Randy has been cheating on his wife Beulah with three women: Summer Holliday, Liberty Lee and Holly Vinedal.

Beulah is Mean and a Snob, and my thinking on her is that she's aware on some level that Randy's a cheater, but she really doesn't mind so long as it doesn't get thrown in her face and force her to retaliate out of pride. I was looking forward to one of Randy's side-dishes coming over and getting all lovey-dovey with him right in front of Beulah, as I think her revenge would be pretty epic.

That's not really something I could've done in The Sims 3, where she'd have pretty much instantly become aware of it and would've just been biding her time until the game decided to force her autonomously to "Accuse Randy of Cheating". As much as I miss some of The Sims 3's features, I have to admit that there are some advantages to this greater degree of storytelling freedom.

Unfortunately, I'm feeling this urge to get back to that family right when real life is about to take away most of my gaming opportunities for the next couple of weeks or so. Maybe I can get back to them early next month.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Proxim wrote: »
    It seems that old days when two fell in love, moved together, had a couple of children and lived together until they died are considered so boring nowadays.
    The sad thing is that a lot of people actually do so and the game just mirrors their lifestyle. Or it's just me going pessimistic?

And what's wrong with that? Heck, if I could be polyandrous in real life I could. But considering I can't, I'm gonna do it in the sims. :)

• Options
    Lol well you could but it would probably take a completely different outlook on things and a partner that was on the same level. I like how everyone is experimenting with this subject in the Sims. I was really messed up and invited my Sim's side girlfriend over and had a lesbian affair and forced the spouse to watch to see how she would react. She got butt hurt so I divorced them, dated the side girl for a while. Then married her daughter which was a young adult like my Sim. Now I'm not sure what the next step is.
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Yea, I actually love that you can do this! I had a family once with one guy, one wife, and they both had the same girlfriend :) They all lived together & they'd only get 'jealous' if they actually saw something going on. It was pretty fun!

& I hope this comment isn't considered inappropriate? Sorry in advance :)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    Haha It's the internet 90 percent of it is inappropriate
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    kbacon3 wrote: »
    Haha It's the internet 90 percent of it is inappropriate

Hehehe! Yes! I value my forum membership so I try to be on good behavior here...but it can be hard...very hard :D
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    Player_GreenPlayer_Green Posts: 32 Member
    I heard through the grapevine that polygamy is a thing in TS4. Have not validated the claim yet. Would someone add input on that?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I often make sim's with romantic aspirations.. so they have multiple loves. I see no problem with this it's the way I like to play sometimes. I like to get the player trait so I don't have to worry about any reaction to my sim flirting. I wonder if you have three sims with the player trait if you could have a poly household?

I use to download an ant-jealousy mod for Sims 2, because working up that relationship if they caught you cheating was so tedious and annoying to do for me. Especially if I had to have a bunch of friends to get promoted.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Karo67Karo67 Posts: 13 New Member
    I made some experience with that and it's true that they just get jealous if they are in the same room. I remind that in Sims 2 the kids also started crying then they saw her dad cheating on their mom. Am I right? In Sims 4 they don't care :/
  • Options
    ClayMaskClayMask Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2015
    From what I remember about The Sims 3, when the base game first came out jealousy was very much like it is currently in The Sims 4. It wasn't until around late night and associated patches that there was a lot of gossip going around town that would cause Sims to know about another Sim's infidelity.

Edit: The ability of Sims to have girlfriends or boyfriends while having other relationships is, however, different from The Sims 3.
  • Options
    Karo67Karo67 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @ClayMask said:
    > From what I remember about The Sims 3, when the base game first came out jealousy was very much like it is currently in The Sims 4. It wasn't until around late night and associated patches that there was a lot of gossip going around town that would cause Sims to know about another Sim's infidelity.
    >
    > Edit: The ability of Sims to have girlfriends or boyfriends while having other relationships is, however, different from The Sims 3.

wasn't it a lot harder to get romantic again after cheating in the sims 3? It seems like in TS4 its easier to be in love again