Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple relationships on TS4?

Hello! :) I was just wondering if someone could answer my question?

Basically, I started off with a male and female Sim in a household, who eventually got married! Anyhow, out of interest, I started increasing friendship and then the romantic relationship with a DIFFERENT male Sim (to get to know how the game works, I was just testing a lot of different features, really). Anyhow, I managed to get their relationship bar full and they ended up dating each other! So my Sim was married to one Sim whilst having a relationship with the other? And neither Sim accused my Sim of cheating or anything... I remember in TS3 how angry the romantic interest would get if you so much as did the Kiss action with another Sim! I was wondering if it's a glitch or something?

Thanks for your time :)

Comments

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited September 2014
    To get jealousy they practically have to be in the same room. Although I've heard sometimes there has been no jealousy at all for some reason.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited September 2014
    your sim can have affairs with other sims without the instinct like in sims 3...it's not a bug or at least I think not sure :/ lol you can have multiple relationships
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Daxl3Daxl3 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @nekobear said:
    > your sim can have affairs with other sims without the instinct like in sims 3...it's not a bug or at least I think not sure :/ lol you can have multiple relationships

Thank you :) I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not! I think it's because I've spent so long playing TS3 that it's just taking me time to get used to the differences in TS4 haha
  • ArcaneDesiresArcaneDesires Posts: 147 Member
    Ooooh, I didn't know this was possible. This brings up a whole new possibility for my sims plans. I had wanted to do something like this, but thought it wasn't possible, thanks for letting me know it was! Sims plots ahoy!
    Glad to help! ;) Lol!
    Daxl3 wrote: »
    > @nekobear said:<br />
    > your sim can have affairs with other sims without the instinct like in sims 3...it's not a bug or at least I think not sure :/ lol you can have multiple relationships<br />
    <br />
    Thank you :) I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not! I think it's because I've spent so long playing TS3 that it's just taking me time to get used to the differences in TS4 haha

no problem XD yeah my sim is currently romantic interest with about 4 women lmao!!! he's on fire!
    > @nekobear said:
    > Daxl3 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > no problem XD yeah my sim is currently romantic interest with about 4 women lmao!!! he's on fire!

Oh my! He's a busy guy haha
    > @nekobear said:<br />
    > Daxl3 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > no problem XD yeah my sim is currently romantic interest with about 4 women lmao!!! he's on fire!<br />
    <br />
    Oh my! He's a busy guy haha

so many women...so little time...between work, gym, & making time...it's not easy being in his shoes XD
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited September 2014
    This is kinda one of the cool features in TS4. You can be married and have a friend with benefits.
    munchie885 wrote: »
    This is kinda one of the cool features in TS4. You can be married and have a friend with benefits.

it's also a lot of home wrecking lmao!
  • cowplantmilkcowplantmilk Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2014
    I was messing around with a 100 Baby Challenge. For my baby mama's aspiration she had to adopt a child. I adopted a daughter and I aged the adopted daughter up immediately. I wanted her to marry one of the father's of one of her siblings. I found one, had her move in with one and started planning the wedding. She of course invited her mother and siblings. Right after they cut the cake they were getting drinks at the bar and her mother started making out with her now husband. Nothing happened. At all. No mood change, no slap, absolutely nothing.

Another "multiple romance" situation I have is in a save that I am playing in a round robin way. Play a household for a week and then switch. The two households I am playing have a relationship going on. They aren't boyfriend and girlfriend, but still maxed friendship and romance. I switch to the guys household for a week and when I go back to the girls household she has a new man, as well as the previous guy.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Well, I have a bit of a drama going on in my simworld. And I had the hubbie get another girl preggars and had her visit and give them both the news. The wife didn't get upset. And when I had her ask the other woman if she was single, her reply was she is "seeing someone". Usually they say who they are seeing if there is no intertwined relationship. I've been experimenting with different gameplays.
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    nekobear wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »

it's also a lot of home wrecking lmao!

tumblr_inline_mjx6xr0Hau1qz4rgp.gif
  • ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    It seems that old days when two fell in love, moved together, had a couple of children and lived together until they died are considered so boring nowadays.
    The sad thing is that a lot of people actually do so and the game just mirrors their lifestyle. Or it's just me going pessimistic?
    It is kinda weird how they don't react at all! I remember how crazy the Sims would be if you cheated on them in TS3 haha! Kind of a bonus though, it used to take me hours to get TS3 Sims to forgive me. Lol!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Also married sims can ask other sims to be their girl/boyfriend so your sim can be married and also have a boy/girlfriend. The prima guide confirms this.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It is kinda weird how they don't react at all! I remember how crazy the Sims would be if you cheated on them in TS3 haha! Kind of a bonus though, it used to take me hours to get TS3 Sims to forgive me. Lol!

There are still people who remain faithful to their spouse and never cheat.

Same with sims. My couples won't cheat because I don't plan on switching households.

• MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    I really think it's great to have options for polygamy in the game.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Proxim wrote: »
    It seems that old days when two fell in love, moved together, had a couple of children and lived together until they died are considered so boring nowadays. <br />
    The sad thing is that a lot of people actually do so and the game just mirrors their lifestyle. Or it's just me going pessimistic?

You're reading way too much into a game. That's like saying the people who play shooters really wish they could be out killing people.

Some people find juggling multiple relationships in the game to be fun and/or a challenge. There's not really any more to it than that. And, for what it's worth, infidelity has been around probably since the dawn of humanity -- it's certainly not anything modern.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Trick

I disagree. Those who wanted their sims to cheat could make them do so in every game in The Sims series. But there was a price for such acts, as there is in reality - the betrayed sims who found out about it got angry at the cheaters and the relationsip bar took a massive drop.

I'm not trying to deny that there were love affairs and cheating since the birth of a mankind - and they will be there until its extinction.

To use your analogy, it would be like playing shooters where people who you shoot in the head would laugh and say that you're cool - or they just wouldn't care about it and would keep enjoying their days.
    I agree, it's nice that the options are more open! Especially for Sims with the 'Romantic' trait. :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I felt so bad last night. My sim broke up with his gf because he found a new girl he liked. He was able to have them both as gfs at the same time. But he was with one at his house when the other showed up, so I knew I had to do something. (I don't like drama) and he called the one the next day and broke up. Oh my! They were both sooooo sad! And I wondered if I made a mistake. And the girl came dragging back the next day crying so they talked.

The relationship panel said Broke up- It's complicated. lol

But geez. It was heavy. And even a day or two after, he came home from work and cried it out.

I LOVE this!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    In no sims game is there such a thing as multiple relationships...woohoo! I see a lot of fun in one of my sims' future. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    In no sims game is there such a thing as multiple relationships...woohoo! I see a lot of fun in one of my sims' future. :D

You've been able to do it in all of them, if you were careful about it -- it's just a bit easier now.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
    It was very hard to have more than one relationship in TS3! I'm not sure whether I should be happy if there's less drama when a Sim cheats on their partner - or offended that my Sim partner doesn't care that my Sim cheated on him! Lol.