Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once and for All: Are You Buying?~~A Neutral Poll~~

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2014
    No.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,115 Member
    edited August 2014
    Menshlee wrote:
    Yes, it's preordered and paid for. Although I've been really disappointed about the babies. I'm not at all excited to play this game.

So why buy it?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes! Already pre-ordered. :mrgreen:
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes. I'm waiting to order once I get my hands on the demo, but the intention has always been to buy it.

What is missing doesn't really affect my gameplay in any huge way (aside from pools), so I can wait for it to be added back in at a later date.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    they’ve axed it so that they can include it later in it’s entirety; the way they would want it to be.

You don't think for one minute that they've axed some stuff so they can charge us later for it?

I'll get a lot of stick for this comment but no, I genuinely don't think they've intentionally cut content to charge for it later. I think they had very tight time constraints and had to make difficult decisions on what to axe and what to keep. And, going down that route, they probably did take into account which features would help to sell later expansion packs. That's only natural; if you must axe something then make it something that will benefit you later on. However, I don't think anything was axed solely to be sold back later. It wouldn't make sense for, example, toddlers to be the main selling point of an expansion pack. Add to that that they KNEW the backlash they would get for the loss of such features. Even more so, the fact that they've pretty much confirmed that the axed features are the first ones they'll be working on. Why is that? Because once the base game is out there they'll have more time to focus on these aspects without EA shouting at them to finish up and ship the game. The fact that they've added in some much content which we WERE previously charged for via expansions or (mainly) the store I personally think proves this point. If they'd left out items which could be considered premium then yes, I would say it was a money wise decision. The fact that they've left out complicated features such as toddlers says to me that it's all down to lack of time.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2014
    Eh I might if the price goes down in a few years but as of right now the negatives outweigh the positives so I don't see myself spending 60$ for a game that is missing basic content.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've pre-ordered the game. Will play it too!
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting it as soon as my sim hungry hands will let me.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited August 2014
    No. Before yesterday I was going to wait for reviews and holiday sales and maybe purchase it, but with babygate and careergate and routingissuesgate the answer is just flat out no now. Never.

I'm just here for the entertainment value now. Anyone want popcorn? :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    I posted the link to your poll on reddit for you. Hopefully that will get you a larger sampling.

PS: A few people on reddit said that since you are asking about preordering/buying on release day, the choices should be:

1. Yes, I am preordering
    2. Yes, I am buying on release day
    3. Yes I will buy eventually
    4. Not buying at all
    5. Undecided

Or something along those lines.
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've already preordered. I'm still pretty excited about it. I'm looking forward to maybe actually being able to build a decent house (I'm the worst sims builder that I know).. I also really like the CAS demo that is out (I never really did the color wheel and styles that everyone is upset about. I understand them being upset, it just doesn't bother me as much because I didn't use it.)

I am kindof a casual player. I don't spend hours building or creating sims. When I play, I usually want to rather quickly build my sim or family, get them in a house, and get started with the game.. so this works for me. There are some things I'm not thrilled about, but then I remember just what we started with in TS2 and then again in TS3 (yeah, I was around for both of those transitions, call me old if you want lol). There is always going to be something missing or different from the previous game, especially when going from umpteen expansion and stuff packs back down the base game. (does no one remember the fact that some of our most well used cheats WERE NOT IN TS3's base game?)
    We didn't have pets, or apartments, or beach swimming, or loads of other things in the base TS3 game that we ended TS2 with. And we've never gotten the "witch playground thing" or any of the same kinds of supernatural places that we got from expansions in TS1..

Times change, new ideas are brought up. I'm sure that we've lost players with every single change, just like we've lost some with every single EP that has ever been announced ("OMG! It isn't open for business, I'm just quitting now") or released ("It crashed my game, so I'm done, goodbye")

This was to be expected, and to be honest, this is the same stuff I've seen both times we've been through this before, and no doubt will continue through Sims 5,6,7 and 8..
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    they’ve axed it so that they can include it later in it’s entirety; the way they would want it to be.

You don't think for one minute that they've axed some stuff so they can charge us later for it?

I'll get a lot of stick for this comment but no, I genuinely don't think they've intentionally cut content to charge for it later. I think they had very tight time constraints and had to make difficult decisions on what to axe and what to keep. And, going down that route, they probably did take into account which features would help to sell later expansion packs. That's only natural; if you must axe something then make it something that will benefit you later on. However, I don't think anything was axed solely to be sold back later. It wouldn't make sense for, example, toddlers to be the main selling point of an expansion pack. Add to that that they KNEW the backlash they would get for the loss of such features. Even more so, the fact that they've pretty much confirmed that the axed features are the first ones they'll be working on. Why is that? Because once the base game is out there they'll have more time to focus on these aspects without EA shouting at them to finish up and ship the game. The fact that they've added in some much content which we WERE previously charged for via expansions or (mainly) the store I personally think proves this point. If they'd left out items which could be considered premium then yes, I would say it was a money wise decision. The fact that they've left out complicated features such as toddlers says to me that it's all down to lack of time.

I think you're correct on the time issue. Doesn't excuse what they've done, but certainly explains it.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've already preordered. I'm still pretty excited about it. I'm looking forward to maybe actually being able to build a decent house (I'm the worst sims builder that I know).. I also really like the CAS demo that is out (I never really did the color wheel and styles that everyone is upset about. I understand them being upset, it just doesn't bother me as much because I didn't use it.)

I am kindof a casual player. I don't spend hours building or creating sims. When I play, I usually want to rather quickly build my sim or family, get them in a house, and get started with the game.. so this works for me. There are some things I'm not thrilled about, but then I remember just what we started with in TS2 and then again in TS3 (yeah, I was around for both of those transitions, call me old if you want lol). There is always going to be something missing or different from the previous game, especially when going from umpteen expansion and stuff packs back down the base game. (does no one remember the fact that some of our most well used cheats WERE NOT IN TS3's base game?)
    We didn't have pets, or apartments, or beach swimming, or loads of other things in the base TS3 game that we ended TS2 with. And we've never gotten the "witch playground thing" or any of the same kinds of supernatural places that we got from expansions in TS1..

Times change, new ideas are brought up. I'm sure that we've lost players with every single change, just like we've lost some with every single EP that has ever been announced ("OMG! It isn't open for business, I'm just quitting now") or released ("It crashed my game, so I'm done, goodbye")

This was to be expected, and to be honest, this is the same stuff I've seen both times we've been through this before, and no doubt will continue through Sims 5,6,7 and 8..

This one represents a pretty big step backwards in game play. They don't even have dishwashers or wastebaskets! You take all of your trash directly to the curb. By all means buy it, there's worse value out there. But this isn't just a matter of 'getting used' to changes: they've made massive cuts to rush the product out the door, not to improve the playing experience.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah.
  • Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nope. Sticking to Sims 3 like hot glue. Until such a time as Sims 4 looks decent years from now or EA gives up on it and starts to develop Sims 5.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    Moodbeamy wrote:

You won't get flak from me. This is pretty much what I've believed since I heard about toddlers and pools being left out.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    This one represents a pretty big step backwards in game play. They don't even have dishwashers or wastebaskets! You take all of your trash directly to the curb. By all means buy it, there's worse value out there. But this isn't just a matter of 'getting used' to changes: they've made massive cuts to rush the product out the door, not to improve the playing experience.
    I'm not sure why this one keeps getting repeated but yes, there are wastebaskets in the game. Watch the PCGamer playthrough and you can clearly see a trash can. They apparently left out trash compactors.

I'm completely stumped as to why they left out dishwashers.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes! I buy something because I want to. It's my money and more importantly my opinion. (Premium Edition)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am on the fence about buying TS4 because $60 dollars is a lot of what little is in the base game. I will probably wait for Christmas or until after the first expansion pack is released.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    I'm not sure why this one keeps getting repeated but yes, there are wastebaskets in the game. Watch the PCGamer playthrough and you can clearly see a trash can. They apparently left out trash compactors.

I read it somewhere. They have trash cans, not doubting that. But do they have wastebaskets in the house? They aren't the same thing.

edit: According to at least one site, there are trash bins, which I assume means 'wastebaskets'. No compactors, which isn't I can't complain about: I don't have one in my own house. Doesn't change my opinion about the game over-all, but it's not quite as ludicrous to me as it was a few minutes ago.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited August 2014
    Definitely...YES. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HeadfuzzHeadfuzz Posts: 336 Member
    edited August 2014
    I posted the link to your poll on reddit for you. Hopefully that will get you a larger sampling.

PS: A few people on reddit said that since you are asking about pre ordering/buying on release day, the choices should be:

1. Yes, I am preordering
    2. Yes, I am buying on release day
    3. Yes I will buy eventually
    4. Not buying at all
    5. Undecided

Or something along those lines.

Thanks! And yeah, I guess you're right about the choices, but with the site I used to create it, the only way to change the choices would be to make a new poll entirely.

And yes, I know you can vote more than once, but I'm just going to trust in people and hope for the best. Also, the poll can show results geographically, so if there is a single point of hotbed activity, then we'll know if someone is cheating the vote. So far, nothing seems out of order except one point in the outskirts of London, but if the issue becomes rampant though, then maybe I'll make a new poll on a new site.
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've pre-ordered. :mrgreen:

Anyways, onto the point, I have 'Yes'-ed on the poll. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You've prejudged its value based on the same information.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:

I read it somewhere. They have trash cans, not doubting that. But do they have wastebaskets in the house? They aren't the same thing.

edit: According to at least one site, there are trash bins, which I assume means 'wastebaskets'. No compactors, which isn't I can't complain about: I don't have one in my own house. Doesn't change my opinion about the game over-all, but it's not quite as ludicrous to me as it was a few minutes ago.

You're right. Basically, it's what you said; there are trash can's/bins (no recycle bins at this moment), but no trash compactors, so the things that kind of look like Dishwashers.

I don't necessarily mind that much about Dishwashers or trash compactors because there still possible. :wink:. You can still wash dishes, and put trash in the trash. :D