Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 rated 6+ in Germany

The German USK has rated TS4 and it will be available for children aged 6 and older (as can be seen on Amazon.de). TS3 had the same rating. This means that there will be absolutely no explicit violence in the game - the German rating is very severe in this respect, a lot of US shooters appear only in a censored version in Germany. On the other hand, we are much more liberal concerning love and nudity :D .

Comments

• Options
    simspartyguysimspartyguy Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Does a game really need violence and nudity to be a good game?

• Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014
    The German USK has rated TS4 and it will be available for children aged 6 and older (as can be seen on Amazon.de). TS3 had the same rating. This means that there will be absolutely no explicit violence in the game - the German rating is very severe in this respect, a lot of US shooters appear only in a censored version in Germany. On the other hand, we are much more liberal concerning love and nudity :D .

Okay here's the thing about games in Germany: Our rating (USK) is usually easier on games. For example; Assassin's Creed III is rated M for Mature (or PEGI 18 if you will), whereas in Germany it's rating is 16.
    USK is a little easier with these things.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited July 2014

Yes.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014

Well it is The Sims sooo, yeah its already expected at this point..
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims 3 was rated 6+?

That's odd. Do they know that we can kill other sims with the Fire Blast spell? I guess not.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    edited July 2014

But it's not GTA.

I think the Sims 3/4 is fine the way it is now, yes, it may be rated 6+ in Germany however that didn't change anything in the Sims 3. It won't change in the Sims 4, either.
    Most kids already know where babies come from anyway. It's not that big of a deal.
    Alnairan wrote:
    The Sims 3 was rated 6+?

That's odd. Do they know that we can kill other sims with the Fire Blast spell? I guess not.

Then again have you seen the movies they put out for kids?
    I mean, Toy Story 1 anyone?! That kid with the toys. Holy cow that still freaks me out today.
    Or... any other movie, really. There's always someone being killed/something being blown up, etc.

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

But it's not GTA.

I think the Sims 3/4 is fine the way it is now, yes, it may be rated 6+ in Germany however that didn't change anything in the Sims 3. It won't change in the Sims 4, either.
    Most kids already know where babies come from anyway. It's not that big of a deal.

I was going the notion of the Violence being Sims dying from either from the player or the sims themselves, and the Nudity would be sims using showers or streaking..
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alnairan wrote:
    The Sims 3 was rated 6+?

I don't think we will get a fire blast spell in TS4 base game (unfortunately). But you are right, Supernatural was also rated 6. Probably because the sims always return as ghosts :D .
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alnairan wrote:
    The Sims 3 was rated 6+?

I don't think we will get a fire blast spell in TS4 base game (unfortunately). But you are right, Supernatural was also rated 6. Probably because the sims always return as ghosts :D .

Maybe also because fantasy violence is viewed differently than more true to life violence (shooting guns, stabbing people, etc.).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2014
    Heh. Meanwhile in Russia...
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    KatzMeowz wrote:

Yes.

Haha :lol:

I agree. I like games with violence and nudity. It makes for a more interesting game.
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited July 2014
    So toddlers are once again over looked by Sims 4!
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014

Yeah that's why I love my second home! Nudity is not something that's shameful, and the people there are mature and reasonable. Here in the US everyone is so paranoid and hyper sensitive about EVERYTHING! People think that children will be scarred for life if they see a breast, yet they let their kids play games that involve mass murder :lol::lol:

Americans and their guns :roll:
  • Options
    MonotramMonotram Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is rated 18 and it is cut like many games in germany. Pegi16.
    Strange...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Monotram wrote:
    Team Fortress 2 is rated 18 and it is cut like many games in germany. Pegi16.
    Strange...

x3 Not pegi, USK. xDD

Just saying.

But no, it really is weird. I don't know what the big guys are doing to our games, but frankly, it doesn't affect me much. The rating of 6+ isn't that bad, I started playing the Sims when I was 6 (15 now x3), and there's nothing that's really shocking that a 6 year old would see.

• Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims 2 was rated 7+ in Sweden (Pegi). However, all the EPs and SPs were rated 12+. :?
    The Sims 3 was rated 12+ I believe.

I started playing TS2 when I was about that age and it didn't scar me for life.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    Okay here's the thing about games in Germany: Our rating (USK) is usually easier on games. For example; Assassin's Creed III is rated M for Mature (or PEGI 18 if you will), whereas in Germany it's rating is 16.
    USK is a little easier with these things.

PEGI and ESRB members live in another world. They obey to the hypocrisy of the society.

Seriously, in the reality, the teens play to 18+ games. USK live in our world, their choices match to the reality.

In Russia TS4 is 18+ rated, it's a political choice.