Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ Beginner's Editing & Photography - A2 Commenting in Progress ♥

Comments

• Options
    supermans7000supermans7000 Posts: 133 Member
    I'm done with my assignment, but I just need t become a member to post it!
  • Options
    PurpleKenzie19PurpleKenzie19 Posts: 79 Member
    Your Member^
    large-4.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Assignment 2
    Screenshot-109_zpsd31c17dd.jpg

Quinn VanDenberg
    Post edited by supermans7000 on
  • Options
    If the image is not clear, it's because I sent it on my phone. I'll send it again on my computer if it's not clear.
  • Options
    SwegJrSwegJr Posts: 5 Member
    I've tried but cannot post my image because apparently you need like points or whatever to do post pictures and signatures and stuff.
  • Options
    simscouturesimscouture Posts: 35 Member
    SwegJr wrote: »
    I've tried but cannot post my image because apparently you need like points or whatever to do post pictures and signatures and stuff.

Yeah. It's the new update that forces you to have at least 50 points. There's a topic where you can let people like your votes for points. It's rather annoying because most of us have had these accounts for a very long time.

• Options
    Rose8uRose8u Posts: 19 New Member
    hello ^_^

kTdZTQW.jpg

• Options
    Though I have essentially missed the deadline because of my "Newness" I am working on becoming a full member hopefully by later today. I don't know if that is ok if I post it later.
  • Options
    antebellum13antebellum13 Posts: 183 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh for goodness sake, this darn forum is driving me up a wall!!!! I hate extending it again, as I am so afraid everyone will get bored, but it's not fair for people to not be able to post photos because of some stupid forum rule. You all have until Sunday night to get it up. I'll check on Monday, if it's not there, we'll move on without you this round. If you can't get it up by Monday, try to do it at the same time as the next assignment, as these early assignments lay down all the basics important in modeling and scene setting. I still need entries from:

Marrah with Bianka Selby
    Tears with Delilah Vaughan
    Nak with Chloe Sake
    Craig with Kara Bane
    Mell with Jordan Cisneros
    Scarlett with Clara Black
    Lisa with Mya Jones
    Mahogany with Vanity Adore
    Sami with August Bradshaw
    Nikola with Evie Harper

That's 10 people, which is nearly half of the participants! So please try to earn your points or whatever you need to do so you can post! :) Thanks all!
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    This is not good. I feel sorry for who has to be left behind. :(
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I think some of them are still unaware of the forum changes. They also probably forgot that they even signed up for this. xD
  • Options
    antebellum13antebellum13 Posts: 183 Member
    edited August 2014
    Would you say if someone doesn't show for 2 consecutive assignments it's safe to say they won't be joining us? :( That is a risk I knew I would take when doing a contest for those who are not on the modeling forums as often. However, in the quiz I asked everyone to take, every single person responded that they check the forums at LEAST every other day, if not more often. I'm not sure if they were just telling me what I wanted to hear or if a ton of people suddenly had real life crop up. Of course, many of the participants are still of school age, and with school starting up....
  • Options
    Would you say if someone doesn't show for 2 consecutive assignments it's safe to say they won't be joining us? :( That is a risk I knew I would take when doing a contest for those who are not on the modeling forums as often. However, in the quiz I asked everyone to take, every single person responded that they check the forums at LEAST every other day, if not more often. I'm not sure if they were just telling me what I wanted to hear or if a ton of people suddenly had real life crop up. Of course, many of the participants are still of school age, and with school starting up....
    Well, I'm starting college on Monday, so it's probably revolving around school for some of them. But yeah, if they haven't shown up for 2 assignments they probably aren't coming back.
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    I wish they wouldn't join, unless they took it seriously. I hardly ever hang on out on here, but when I have a commitment, I try my best to appear when needed. :)
  • Options
    Assignment 2: August Bradshaw

tumblr_nao26eXjcE1shiyopo1_r1_1280.png
  • Options
    CraigyBoy2CraigyBoy2 Posts: 992 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I'm really, really sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to get the assignment up in time, I'm too busy and my sims takes over an hour to load, leaving me no other option. I wouldn't like to drop out, but I won't get it in, so hopefully I'll be able to send it in with my next assignment, if that's alright?
    I've been worrying about this all week, but I really don't have much choice, so I hope this is fine. I know it's rude and stupid of me to do this, but I hope everything is okay.
    I have been checking in every day, but still haven't got used to the new forums so I haven't been logging in much. I'm going to try now, and will get the next assignment up for sure.
    Apologies again,
    Craig :\
    cropped-bane-of-my-existence-generation-1-header.png
  • Options
    SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    CraigyBoy2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I'm really, really sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to get the assignment up in time, I'm too busy and my sims takes over an hour to load, leaving me no other option. I wouldn't like to drop out, but I won't get it in, so hopefully I'll be able to send it in with my next assignment, if that's alright?
    I've been worrying about this all week, but I really don't have much choice, so I hope this is fine. I know it's rude and stupid of me to do this, but I hope everything is okay.
    I have been checking in every day, but still haven't got used to the new forums so I haven't been logging in much. I'm going to try now, and will get the next assignment up for sure.
    Apologies again,

Do you have a lot of custom content in your game? Have you tried removing some or merging files? Those are two ways to speed up your game :)
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wait....you have to have 50 points to be able to post a pic?! That's lame. :\
    I wonder though (not too familiar with the new site) do you need a base amount of points to post links? I was just thinking if they can't post images on here because they had under 50 points, but have a photobucket account or tinypic link to a pic, could they just post the link to the pic.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    jojo784379jojo784379 Posts: 256 Member
    I wonder though (not too familiar with the new site) do you need a base amount of points to post links? I was just thinking if they can't post images on here because they had under 50 points, but have a photobucket account or tinypic link to a pic, could they just post the link to the pic.

It's the same amount as pics, I think...
  • Options
    SammLite wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Apologies again,

Do you have a lot of custom content in your game? Have you tried removing some or merging files? Those are two ways to speed up your game :)
    OH! Don't forget that renaming files helps as well! Rename anything with @, spaces, or [ ]. I'm not sure about other symbols and stuff, but try to keep the naming stuff to _ or - or ( ). This should help with at least some of the loading.

Other ideas are of course merging files, cleaning your save file (delete all of people and the buildings basically. I only use my model save file as just modeling), and making sure that the game is focused on your screen. I've noticed that minimizing it to do something else can slow it down. Also, I noticed that window mode instead of full screen helps me as well. ^_^
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    Apologies again,

OH! Don't forget that renaming files helps as well! Rename anything with @, spaces, or [ ]. I'm not sure about other symbols and stuff, but try to keep the naming stuff to _ or - or ( ). This should help with at least some of the loading.

Other ideas are of course merging files, cleaning your save file (delete all of people and the buildings basically. I only use my model save file as just modeling), and making sure that the game is focused on your screen. I've noticed that minimizing it to do something else can slow it down. Also, I noticed that window mode instead of full screen helps me as well. ^_^

What was that about []sapces and @ ? Do they slow down the gmae? :O
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    Apologies again,

There was a post on SimSecret, or whatever it is, about it. Apparently it does slow down the game. Another post later someone was saying thank you to the person who posted about it. I assume that it works, no matter how small, since the person was happy. xD I can't vouch for it since I barely have any custom content in my game at the moment, but I did rename the majority of my files and I did see a slight improvement.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    Apologies again,

There was a post on SimSecret, or whatever it is, about it. Apparently it does slow down the game. Another post later someone was saying thank you to the person who posted about it. I assume that it works, no matter how small, since the person was happy. xD I can't vouch for it since I barely have any custom content in my game at the moment, but I did rename the majority of my files and I did see a slight improvement.

Ohhh yep I remember that post! I'll try it out, but I only have 6 packages (all merged) currently :)
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited August 2014
    jojo784379 wrote: »

It's the same amount as pics, I think...

Well that's disappointing to hear. :(
    eOI9EQ4.gif