Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** NEW! A Cottage For Christmas! NO CC PG 123** by TarynTempestwind

Comments

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited January 2015
    I feel like a fish out of water in the Sims 4 forum! Well in sims 4 all together!

But I made a house in Sims 4, and though it was a learning process, it was a fun one!

So here is my Sims 4 very first home:
    01-14-15_7-50nbspPM-3_zps2f689127.png

Pictures are in the Sims 4 Lot thread here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810036/new-southern-living-townhouse-by-taryntempestwind#latest
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Wow amazing dear Taryn! I see you have brought your beautiful style right on over to the sims 4!! Please feel free to share your creation on the app thread dear! Link Here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793222/share-your-newest-the-sims-4-creations-here#latest
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Super cute Taryn! I've only attempted 1 build in TS4 when it originally came out and haven't been back yet and never finished it sadly. Maybe one of these days. Faved and followed you also. :)
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    A little beauty Taryn, welcome to Sims 4, interesting building process isn't it. Looking forward to seeing lots more :D
  • Options
    Thank you, you sweet gals! Much hugs! T
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    It is a beautiful home. I don't play Sims4, but, if I did I would surely use it. BTW...I love the Holiday in the Hamptons. I put it in a little vacation world and my sims are happily living there on vacations and your Soleil is my warlock's familiar. :) Thanks so much for all your builds and hope to see more for Sims3 also.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I had an Origin login problem for a while now, and no time to fix it, but today I made the time, got it all fixed thanks to great Origin Support and a very timely phone call from Origin too! So I can log in again! Hope you are all well and happy! You have been missed!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Hello Taryn. :) I am sorry to hear that you had an Origin log in problem. I am glad that it has been fixed up for you now.
    Sending special thoughts to you. :). Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    TARYN! Long time no see,hope you're well :) Welcome back,glad you got your login problems sorted- now go build...yes now,don't dally...off you go we`re all waiting for another Taryn masterpiece...no pressure though obviously ;)

In all seriousness,lovely job (as always) on your Sims 4 build,hope to see more from you soon <3
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    Hi Rosemow and Girkl! I am still working on a very large community lot for Sims3. I haven't had much simming time, so it's been slow going, but it is very detailed too. I am about 3/4 done.
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    @TarynTempestwind Ooo can`t wait to see :)
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Hi Taryn! I've wondered where you've been. Glad you got the origin problem fixed. :)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hi T -- missing you like crazy!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    Hi all. I don't think this is the place for this question but I wanna move my Sim to this house in Hidden Springs but I'm fearful he may lose his connections with his family/friends. Will he still know everyone still and can they visit him and vice versa?????
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hi everyone! I have let my obsession with Sims take a little back burner while things got busy here, so this next build has taken me several months! I won't say I wasn't a little obsessed with it though! :) This 64x64 community lot was inspired by the Hobbit.

Lake Town (NO CC - Plenty of store sets) Exchange Link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8681725

Screenshot-417_zpsqaucmidu.jpg

Screenshot-422_zpsekp1vapz.jpg

Lake Town uses the gondola set, which I had never used up until building this lot, and the bakery set, the Old Mill set, Midnight Hollow and Dragon Valley, and probably more than my befuddled brain can remember, (I started this build last December!). In other words, this is a Store Lover's Lot!

Lake Town has many small little shops and several small homes, it even has a soldier's barracks and look-out tower. You can play it as a community fun lot, or use it as your home. It is very large, so if you use it as a community lot, you may want to delete the interiors of the little houses so that it will run faster. If you use it as your residential, you may want to delete the interiors of some of the other homes or shops. I included everything and my game ran fine, but I have a pretty new computer. There are many ways you can play this lot, and once you explore it, you can easily customize it.

So here we go with photos! There's lots to see and do in Lake Town!
    Screenshot-485_zpsckbhjksv.jpg

Screenshot-481_zpspzsafgyx.jpg

Screenshot-478_zpshjdkqcfq.jpg

Screenshot-401_zpsuiwqxnrw.jpg

Screenshot-399_zpsqis0usbn.jpg

Screenshot-396_zpshdw0cfjx.jpg

Screenshot-400_zpswhlngqh0.jpg

Screenshot-403_zpsxi0gdhgi.jpg

Screenshot-409_zpswl8zlupp.jpg

Screenshot-405_zps4zc2ub9d.jpg

Screenshot-404_zpsxtmh1exa.jpg

Screenshot-402_zpsylcf78da.jpg

Screenshot-407_zpsj2hqiisl.jpg

(Note, the graphics on the gondola tracks do not render very well in Winter, the track's seams show)

This is the lot from the front.
    Screenshot-481_zpspzsafgyx.jpg

When you first enter the lot at the old mill and waterwheel, the mill has been converted to a Nectarary.
    Screenshot-432_zpspwys6jxo.jpg

There are plants and grape vines planted, as well as fruit trees, if you'd like to make your own nectar.
    Screenshot-425_zpsk1v0gnxx.jpg

The upper level has a cozy seating area with fireplace and a juice bar:
    Screenshot-445_zpsoiysejkx.jpg

The lower level has tasting shelves and a nectar making press, and more seating:
    Screenshot-446_zpsbhccxmnc.jpg

There is an Open-Air Market for purchasing souvenirs.
    Screenshot-436_zps3wjyy4qf.jpg

If you cross over the bridge, you can ride the gondola at the Station House.
    Screenshot-431_zpszvfjigem.jpg

Inside the Station House are restrooms and a coffee shop.
    Screenshot-406_zpsplugfhly.jpg

The next shop is an Apothecary shop with living quarters above:
    Screenshot-483_zpsmksggzba.jpg

Screenshot-424_zpsppnxtx70.jpg

The tall, narrow house on the left is strictly a cozy little family home. It has three bedrooms:
    Screenshot-429_zpsuorg8erx.jpg

Screenshot-475_zpsw7pk426a.jpg

Screenshot-474_zpsepqaimoh.jpg

Screenshot-473_zpsq5cxfoqh.jpg

Screenshot-476_zps3wn3mmwq.jpg

Here is a little Ice Cream Shoppe:
    Screenshot-430_zpsdetray21.jpg

Around the corner we have a restaurant:
    Screenshot-428_zpsulrnsvls.jpg

Screenshot-463%20-%20Copy_zpsolrdn0td.jpg

You can dine outside on the garden patio:
    Screenshot-462%20-%20Copy_zpspelrcvvj.jpg

Above the restaurant is a toy store:
    Screenshot-470_zpstyayqf23.jpg

There is a one bedroom apartment at the top:
    Screenshot-471_zpsehbhfqwc.jpg

Screenshot-472_zpsjpkv7ovm.jpg

This little set of buildings house a bakery, a Millinery and dress shop, and a cottage above:
    Screenshot-427_zpsi9eayeek.jpg

To the left is the bakery; to the right is the dress shop:
    Screenshot-461%20-%20Copy_zps1g4de49h.jpg

The dress shop:
    Screenshot-465_zpsuzwyd3a0.jpg

The bakery:
    Screenshot-464_zps0ahayl4q.jpg

Upper level with juice bar:
    Screenshot-466_zps9cdjfl7k.jpg

This little cottage might be for the lady that owns the dress shop:
    Screenshot-467_zpshnkxumf7.jpg

Screenshot-469_zpspsoxwk34.jpg

In the center of town is the pavilion. I have it staged for a wedding:
    Screenshot-426_zpsaldwkws5.jpg

This section of town has a book store, a florist, an artist studio, the mayor's home, and the soldiers' barracks, and look-out tower:
    Screenshot-443_zpsf6lu6fok.jpg

The rear view:
    Screenshot-478_zpshjdkqcfq.jpg

This is the book shop:
    Screenshot-437_zpsrjsjt4c5.jpg

Screenshot-447_zpsra8mbwgd.jpg

Screenshot-448_zpscxedxaib.jpg

The rear of the florist shop and the artist studio above:
    Screenshot-450_zpskhyttbzp.jpg

The inside of the flower shop:
    Screenshot-449_zpsdgtwpsir.jpg

The artist studio:
    Screenshot-451_zpsk8ofmpuq.jpg

The lower level is the stately home of the mayor, and jutting off to the upper side is a rickety little home for the soldiers:
    Screenshot-440_zpsy7sg6kul.jpg

Inside the Mayor's home:
    Screenshot-453_zpsq0fc8o8w.jpg

Screenshot-452_zpsllvez8kx.jpg

The soldiers' barracks, training room and look-out tower:
    Screenshot-455%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpskkgwkyqy.jpg

Screenshot-454%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpsdznqql6r.jpg

The training room and clock tower:
    Screenshot-456%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpsh2kirfcy.jpg

The Look-Out tower with cannons for protecting the city from, say, a greedy dragon:
    Screenshot-457%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zps618qomvi.jpg

This home is actually 10.12 MB before the photos for the Exchange. NO CC as always. Lots and lots of store sets.

Thank you for sticking with all those pictures!
    Much love,
    Taryn

Lake Town:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8681725
    Screenshot_zpsoekpgn58.jpg
    Post edited by TarynTempestwind on
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    This is absolutely outstanding work! I will definitely be checking this out in game and playing it. It looks like so much fun. :) your buildings are so well done and I love how you made use of the Venice set. Awesome job. I will be sure to rec and favorite when I get in the TS3 site this weekend. Long live TS3, where creativity shines on!
    sigg.gif

• Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Oh My! Oh My! Oh My!!

Ms Taryn......*closes mouth*......you are soooo awesome! Why would we ever need anything else??!! This lot....that's it!! Done, over, finished!! Your creative mind is so amazing. Every little detail is perfect. The little cottages are adorable. LOVE the little blue one.

You make me MISS Sims 3 soooooo much. Oh, CAS....I miss my CAS!!

Simply amazing!! You rock!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Thank you so much Petalbot and Cassee! it was about a 6 month project that I dabbled with -life has been busy! But I enjoyed making all those tiny little spaces! I loved making the quirkey little shops and homes!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Lake Town is such a very,very lovely build! :) The detailed work and the many different areas, shops, buildings and places in the build are so very nice! The layout and design of the build is so very nice! The gondolas are such a very special aspect of the build! The exterior of the buildings are so very nice! The furnishing of the buildings are done so very well! Every aspect of the build, from the outdoors layout design, to the exterior of the buildings , to the interior furnishings are done with much detailed work! It would have taken you many, many enjoyable simming hours to do! Thankyou for sharing this very special build with the simming community! :)
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi Taryn, So lovely to see an amazing Taryntempestwind build once again and what a great idea to incorporate the gondolas into the build. Must have this one in soon to have a good look around, thanks for sharing hope all is well, take care Vicki ;)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    wow
    very nice

I feel the structure could make a nice resort... the houses being vip rooms.....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow, Anette and Vicki!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I made these kitties to bring a smile to our friend BishopBettie. I hope she can coax them out from under the porch and give them a warm, restful home. ( much love to you Bettie!)

I hope others might enjoy them as well!

Bishop's Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8682289

bishop_zpsdy1ctwbp.png

bishop%20side_zps139uyoty.png

Betty's Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8682288
    betty_zpsewj3slol.png

betty%20side_zpsmcwo5bsj.png
    Post edited by TarynTempestwind on