Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**NEW!** Southern Living Townhouse by TarynTempestwind

TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
It happened! My first Sim 4 house! The new decor objects were a nice surprise for me, and I enjoyed the process. There is much for me to learn, so I started small. This is a 3 bedroom 2.5 home with a large open kitchen, living room and dining room and a little office nook upstairs. There is a small fenced yard and garden and a pool too!

You can find it in the gallery under "Southern Living Townhouse" or just search my name, "TarynTempestwind". NO CC. NO MOO. I did enlarge a couple of paintings and decor items like plants though.

Edit: I think I can post a link? http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9BCB4A5C9C6711E480BAD8CE28EB95FF?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Southern&max=25

It's a Southern Colonial style city home with porches and balconies.
01-14-15_7-50nbspPM-2_zps91dc5e38.png

01-14-15_7-57nbspPM-2_zps93468107.png

01-14-15_7-49nbspPM_zpsa13f62f8.png

01-14-15_7-50nbspPM_zps9fcf89ec.png

01-14-15_7-48nbspPM_zpsb85a1cc2.png

The foyer:
01-14-15_7-55nbspPM_zpsd3fb6386.png

The large eat-in kitchen to the left:
01-14-15_7-53nbspPM_zps36d8fa9d.png

01-14-15_7-26nbspPM-2_zps7763b6a9.png

The dining room is to the right:
01-14-15_7-55nbspPM-2_zps16b7bd4f.png

01-14-15_7-56nbspPM_zpsd9cd33fd.png

01-14-15_7-26nbspPM_zpsb8ba0695.png

The living room:
01-14-15_8-00nbspPM-2_zps0ff6bb5f.png

The sunroom:
01-14-15_7-56nbspPM-2_zps18bae4e4.png

Upstairs there is a little loft office that leads out to the upper front balcony:
01-14-15_7-39nbspPM_zps3780888b.png

The master bedroom:
01-14-15_7-36nbspPM-2_zps91805f3f.png

The master bath:
01-14-15_7-38nbspPM_zps66aa4403.png

01-14-15_7-30nbspPM-2_zps57df4840.png

The guest room:
01-14-15_7-30nbspPM_zpsc2ddfa5d.png

The children's room:
01-14-15_7-39nbspPM-2_zpse7b2bb5a.png

Southern Living Townhouse:
01-14-15_7-41nbspPM_zps3e42804d.png

Thank you for visiting!
Taryn
Post edited by TarynTempestwind on

Comments

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Taryn! It's so nice to see your building for the Sims 4!! I always followed you on the Sims 3 build forums... you do such wonderful work! I always looked forward to your Zoo U classes as well! You always had such neat and creative ideas!
    Your first build looks beautiful! I see you are already using some unique and creative ideas! I really look forward to seeing what you do!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Looks great and well laid out for Sims. What size lot does it need?
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Thank you Tiki!

It is on a 20x30 lot, Bilmonaghan, and thank you!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,637 Member
    Southern Living Townhouse is a very nice home! :) It is great that you have built your first sims 4 home! The exterior design of the home is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the roof trimming and the spandrels in the build. The dormers are nice, and the colour of the exterior looks nice. The open shutter flower box windows look very nice. Very nice patios and balconies! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel on the upper balcony or have fun playing chess at the chess table, enjoying looking out at the outdoors views. The flowers look very nice how you have placed them on the edges of the front porch and in the front corner nook. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats on the front porch enjoying watching sims pass by their home. Very nice curved back patio! The outdoors living and pool area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the dining table eating a meal they have cooked on the bbq or enjoy resting on the sofa seat enjoying being out in the sunshine. The flowers on the table top are nice for sims to see when dining there. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy resting poolside on the armchairs. The fencing that you have used in the home looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The coat/hat shelf and shoes rack near the front door in the foyer and the grandfather clock beside the seat look nice and homely for sims to see as they enter the home. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! It looks so very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The island bar stool counter is nice! The eggs basket, flowers, fruit bowl and knife set on the counters are nice kitchen touches for sims to see when sitting on the stools or preparing meals there. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The stove alcove looks nice. Very nice dining room! Nice type of dining seats that you have used there. The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals, and the enlarged leaves picture and plates decor on the wall add to the nice look of the area. The blue colour and type of curtains that you have used in the dining and living rooms look very nice! Very nice window ledge table alcove! The teaset and flowers are nice touches on the table there and the display cabinets look nice either side of the alcove. Very nice living room! It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas there, for sims to enjoy sitting chatting together in front of the fire and watching tv. The stone texture of the tv wall looks nice. The scenic picture on the wall is nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. Nice window arnchairs sitting nookl. The flowers on the table and the clock on the fireplace ledge are nice home touches there. Very nice sunny light filled sunroom! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them whilst they are sitting there. It looks nice how you have done the windows there. Very nice upper landing office area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the study desk there using the computer or sit and rest on the sofa enjoying reading a book. The sunflowers picture on the wall and the flowers on the desk are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! Nice sofa fireplace sitting and reading area in the master bedroom. The picture on the wall adds a nice touch in the room. The colour scheme and wall paneling in the master bathroom is very nice! The colour looks restful. Nice wall pattern that you have used in the guest bedroom. Sims will enjoy reading a book from the bookcase whilst laying in bed. The rabbit print pattern on the kids room wall and the unicorn there looks cute! It looks nice how you have placed the animal pictures on the bedhead walls for the child sims to see when in bed.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Umm wow! That is stunning! I think it'll take me years to be able to build something as pretty as that in the game! You're very talented.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing one of those exterior shots at night, with the porch lights on. Is that attic window backlit?
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thank you, Darling Rosemow!

And thank you MissMegandtheMoon!

Sorry Bill, I did not think to backlight the attic window. 1st build and all. There is not a room on that attic floor. Is the Sims4 like Sims3 in that lights only turn on when a sim enters the room?
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You did a great job.

The house and the rooms are absolutely gorgeous :D
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,912 Member
    Wow amazing dear Taryn! I see you have brought your beautiful style right on over to the sims 4!! Please feel free to share your creation on the app thread dear! Link Here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793222/share-your-newest-the-sims-4-creations-here#latest
  • Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Wow!! It's an amazing home Taryn! The architecture is beautiful, so complete in the details.. And the furniture is perfect. Love it!
  • Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    I'll be following you in the gallery :)
  • Options
    NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    That is one beautiful house! If I were a Sim I would definitely want to live there. :) Good job *thumbs up*
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Taryn! It's so nice to finally see you here :D And what can I say about your new build. You managed to transfer
    your beautiful style to the new game extremely well :) It looks amazing! Very excited to see what you'll come up with next!

I will make sure to follow you on the gallery :) Hope you're well :D
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Taryn, this is such a beautiful home. It looks amazing. I used to download your homes from the Exchange in TS3 :smile:
  • Options
    LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    I live in the south...Atlanta Georgia. Yup, that's southern alright. Great job!
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,028 Member
    This is a very beautiful home, very pretty and well designed :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Taryn -- It's gorgeous!! Really happy to see you here & building!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    original.gif

DID YOU JUST.

I can't believe you Taryn! Here I am, struggling away with the new tools, trying to get my head round them after being quite good on the Sims 3, and what do you do - build a downright perfect house on your first attempt. How do you do it!?
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Yay! A stunning Taryn TS4 build, Gorgeous interiors the kitchen is to die for :D So happy to hear that you like the TS4 items and that you enjoyed building. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    This is amazing! Good job with decorating the home too, I love how you landscaped it.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Absolutely Gorgeous Taryn! How on earth were you able to resist using MOO? :p
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Hi Taryn, Great to see you in Sims 4 and a very beautiful first build indeed, must download shortly and fav. Have fun in this Game won't you :D
  • Options
    Oh thanks so much, all of you! So nice of you all to leave me little encouraging notes! I am learning as I go, and I am sure I can get better and have the build process feel smoother. Because it didn't feel smooth. I totally "winged" this house, but I think it came out nicely for a first time! I didn't even look at tutorials or anything, just trial and error because I wanted to discover things on my own,so that was fun and interesting.

Not using MOO was a handicap for me as I went further along and got used to the new tool set. But it wasn't *too* bad, because everything was new to me. But gosh, in my head I was finding all sorts of MOOing possibilities. I was just itching to combine and MOO together some of the nice furnishings! I do not know how MOO'd items are transferring with uploads and downloads yet, so I decided not to use it at all. I liked many things about Sims4, but I also disliked many things. But I am sure the game will evolve. I thought there was a REALLY nice base game selection of furnishings and decor, but getting the color scheme cohesive was a challenge. - especially when we are used to quite a huge variety of pattern and color choices. The design of the homes and furnishings I found cute and very Disneyesque, but I am someone that enjoys
    Disneyesque. It's a whole new cartoony look that I have to wrap my head around.

I enjoyed my Sim Taryn's sassy little girlie walk! Lol! Her hips were swinging! I didn't actually play her very much, just enough to acquire some skills so she wouldn't burn her house down making pancakes and she tested my placement of furniture. I think if I was a player, rather than a builder, I would enjoy it more.

I like the create a sim features. I hate how babies are right now, and no toddlers.....I love my babies!!! They are so cute in Sims3 I can never let them grow up!

I think my love will still be Sims3. Sims3 lets me be more creative and in control of my builds, and in Sims4, I know I will have to make do. I will have to preplan color schemes with furniture choices, instead of controlling them via pattern and color wheel.
    Just being very honest .....Sims4, at this stage...took away the things I love most about Sims3....MOO, CFE, terrain height adjustment for more realistic landscapes, and my beloved babies. Those are gonna be hard for me to get over or give up! That's why I haven't been to excited or antsy to get it until now. It's a shame....I feel like I should have been so excited I bought it at the midnight sale...but no. It waited until Christmas.

But I will give Sims4 it's fair chance too. (My next project is a sims3 community lot that has me very inspired and excited to complete, the exteriors are done, now on to the interiors) but it was fun to take a few days off and play with my new toy, Sims4.

I will probably rotate a sims3 build and a Sims4 build for a while still. I love the old, and will come to maybe even love the new. I still have sims3 builds to do, but I will enjoy discovering Sims4 too.

Thanks again though! I am still learning about everything build wise and even have to learn about uploading and hashtags and social media stuff, and just using the new gallery better.

I appreciate your kind comments so much! Thank you! Thank you!

XOXO T
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Very nice job Taryn! I will favorite this when I load up the game probably on the weekend. I feel much the way you do about TS4. The build mode has its good spots and weak spots. I do love the roofing tool though and the better freedom of placing wall objects. If these two things could be combined with Sims 3 build mode, that would just about be the ultimate build mode for me.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    Sims3TestAliasSims3TestAlias Posts: 2 New Member
    Beautiful house! :)