Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Berry Sweet Neighbourhood- Collaboration Thread

Comments

• Options
    SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited June 2010
    Nice, can't wait till' Sugar Valley is out! Untill then anything up for grabs or, anything that people haven't made yet but reserved?
    I'm pretty good at making things, I think. So, it would be nice to know, I can always upload it by 4shared or mediafire :mrgreen:

Thanks
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited June 2010
    Everyone please feel free to share your creations here.

Just keep in mind the town I am releasing is not the "completed version" it will be a Starter version that you can add to how ever you see fit.

Also almost all CC has been removed. There was a reason for this. In half of the stories I read the townies all have that nasty default-I-Don't-Have-that-CC-hair replacement.instead of their pretty colors.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Say no to brown berry sweets(unless they are chocolate or something lol)

Note this is just an example I am not singling anyone out. It was something we did not really think through when we started this project :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So CAW is not working since the newest update. This is not just a problem for me, but for everyone. Cannot even open it before it crashes. Sadly this means we are on hold AGAIN until they fix it. *sigh* I am so sorry guys.

The only good thing about that is I can add more to the project in the mean time.
  • Options
    kkstarkkstar Posts: 33
    edited June 2010
    ugh... if it aint one thing its another lol! x Thanks for doing all this Berry (Im Kayy x on berry sweet site btw) :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    kkstar wrote:
    ugh... if it aint one thing its another lol! x Thanks for doing all this Berry (Im Kayy x on berry sweet site btw) :)

Its so true. I was so disappointed I didn't even want to tell everyone. I am like yay! Its coming! Then have to turn around and say no...not yet. It not my fault, but I still feel bad.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    berrypie27 wrote:
    kkstar wrote:

Its so true. I was so disappointed I didn't even want to tell everyone. Its like I am like yay! Its coming! Then have to turn around and say no...not yet. It not my fault, but I still feel bad.

Aww seriously Berry dont get yourslef down about it,Its just EA being rubbish again :wink:
  • Options
    Patience_Marie88Patience_Marie88 Posts: 27
    edited June 2010
    Just a quick ?. Is there a reason why the shout out shutters disappear when you go upstairs, or to another level than they are sitting?? I am making a tangerine house, because some of the houses I downloaded from the list won't work, and I was going to take pictures to share, yet those dang shutters keep acting up. I only have the base game, so other houses I would download with cc or expansions wouldn't replace the proxies, instead it would just crash me.

Whenever I can, I am going to share everything, since all I have is the base game (dang growing up sucks :(. too many bills never any money) and I know a lot of the other users are in my same predicament.
  • Options
    miadarkdecidermiadarkdecider Posts: 558 Member
    edited June 2010
    berrypie27 wrote:
    Stuffles about CC Hair

They're all fixed now though :p No more brown haired Berry Sweets in my story!

I'm gonna give building something a go, why not.

I think we need a newer list of what can/would be awesome if built...Finding the page is annoying XD
    tumblr_nprigrAwNA1r3f90eo1_540.png
  • Options
    littlebird1614littlebird1614 Posts: 116
    edited June 2010
    Alysuum said you guys needed empty houses, so I can berry-fy one of my houses that I have made. Or I can leave it the way it is, which is pretty much just white and black, so that if you decide to move into it, you can use create-a-style to change it up. :3
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    berrypie27 wrote:
    Stuffles about CC Hair

I think we need a newer list of what can/would be awesome if built...Finding the page is annoying XD

I agree. Half of the list doesn't even work for me :\.

Page 3 for the old list :)

<3patience
  • Options
    SunsetValley01SunsetValley01 Posts: 1,193 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Berry- Ever since this whole doll thing and then, when scanning finding out alot of patterns and other CC are bad, it's going to be hard to get everything going. Whatever you would like to do I'll try and help out as much as I can.

PatienceMarie- Just go into options and uncheck the box that say Allow Disappearing objects [or something similar to that].

to Everyone! I know, I feel it too. This is slowing down just as we should [operative word] be coming to a close. I agree with Alyssum, anyone who wants to build should go ahead and build and we'll go form there with missing lots and what-not. I think it's time we wrap this up once and for-all, but to do that we'll all need to help each other. I won't/haven't been on the forums much because for some reason my forum issues are still not going away but I'll get on as often as I can, but I will try my hardest.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    House of Life - 1BR, 1BA

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2529269

This is the plain white and black version; I've yet to come up with a color theme for a berry-fyed version of it.

I scanned it with CUSTARD and there are no corrupted files. The only custom content it uses is one store item and a pattern. I also added washer and dryer and hamper for Ambitions users. :3
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    berrypie27 wrote:
    Stuffles about CC Hair

<3patience

Ok, so i was wondering if it would help to make a newer list of the lots/ families that are still available for download as well as a list of things it would be good to build?? i would of course be willing to do this, i didnt know whether this would speed things up or be helpful for anyone?

Plus I dont know if this would be possible, but like Patience said, there are a lot of lots/ sims that have been deleted (for example, the cemetery) so if anyone who downloaded them before they got deleted could re upload them that would be a great help :) if ya want i can make a list of them?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    kkstar wrote:
    berrypie27 wrote:
    Stuffles about CC Hair

<3patience

Ok, so i was wondering if it would help to make a newer list of the lots/ families that are still available for download as well as a list of things it would be good to build?? i would of course be willing to do this, i didnt know whether this would speed things up or be helpful for anyone?

Plus I dont know if this would be possible, but like Patience said, there are a lot of lots/ sims that have been deleted (for example, the cemetery) so if anyone who downloaded them before they got deleted could re upload them that would be a great help if ya want i can make a list of them?

I would appreciate that myself, now we wait for conformation from the higher ups ^^
  • Options
    Tinkerbelch26Tinkerbelch26 Posts: 647 Member
    edited June 2010
    i have some berry sweet sim familys i made to place in Twizzlerbrook. I'll upload them after i go in and de-ccfiy them so they dont have icky brown hair lol and everyone is free to download Miss Honey :D or any other of the berry sweet sims i have up which atm are just singles.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Is it bad that I have become addicted to the Fawkes skintones?! I can't stop using them :X and the bad thing is, I think it would be silly to upload the families I have made, since a lot of people won't have this :(.

Thanks Sunny <3. I was told that over in the builders 101 thread too lol. Silly me :).

Kay, you rock. Just thought I should throw that out there and let you know ;).
  • Options
    SunsetValley01SunsetValley01 Posts: 1,193 New Member
    edited June 2010
    KKStar- I think that would be wonderful. I was hoping we might be able to get in touch with XOX1, as I think she does have a completed list, but I don't know.

Who was compiling the town? I think, perhaps it would be easier if we just try and use that instead of re-tracking down all the lots as I know for a fact a few have been removed [mine included due to the doll].

• Options
    vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    Is it bad that I have become addicted to the Fawkes skintones?! I can't stop using them :X and the bad thing is, I think it would be silly to upload the families I have made, since a lot of people won't have this :(.

i totally know what you mean, i'm even hooked on some of her specialty skins she made for her elements project, those are cool :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2010

i totally know what you mean, i'm even hooked on some of her specialty skins she made for her elements project, those are cool :wink:

I haven't tried the element skintones yet!! I definitely think Fawkes skin slider is a tool most of the sugarville people should have lol. I mean, it's just so dang awesome!! It just adds so much more to the group with all those friggin great colors!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The United Church of Berry [United Berry Church]

Screenshot-51-1.jpg

The United Church of Berry was founded in 1812 by religious fanatic Barley Sugar. Since then the word of Berry has spread throughout all the lands, and many churches have popped up. This is one of them.

Screenshot-64.jpg

Refurbished only recently the church has a new and old feeling to it. Perfect for weddings.

Screenshot-52.jpg

It is avalable for download HERE but I would wait, the lovely Tinkerbelch is adding landscape to the lot to make it even more gorgeous!
  • Options
    Island6Island6 Posts: 2,664 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I`ve been lurking this project for awhile now, and I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have built all of this amazing berry stuff!
    Miadarkdecider, I just saw your church and my oh my, I love it! I`ll have to download it later when I get back on my other computer which my brother is hogging.
    Ok, that`s about it...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I absolutely positively agree. Mia your church is stunning :D.

LOL This all makes me want to make my own rainbowcy, I'm just horrible with remembering to take pictures. Dangit.

Plus, I really need to get my SugarValley together lol. So far I have the Mandarin' and the Grape houses made. I tried downloading some things, but I noticed that one of the houses crashed my game -_-. No clue which one, so I just felt it would be safer to stick to my base game tactics lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Beautiful church Mia!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Okay...so what needs to be done right now??? I've gotten a little confused by the last few pages' posts.

I think I could possibly start a list so that we can figure out which of the lots in the list on page 3 are still on the exchange/available for download. Then we could possibly go from there??

I'll start on it as soon as I get an ok. :3

EDIT: I just went back and read kkstar's post which is pretty much identical to mine. And I agree with her. I think we need to get updated lists and such.
  • Options
    vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    littlebird, i think there still needs a theater, and the dinner