Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Berry Sweet Neighbourhood- Collaboration Thread

Comments

• Options
    AlyssumCandyAlyssumCandy Posts: 1,049 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I cannot wait for it to become a world. ^-^ I'd definatly upload it!

BTW, Um... how do you guys get the stadium and spa to be visible. I understand underground but how quite do you do it?

Do you have WA? If you don't, I am not sure if it will work as it should.

If you do have WA and are curious as to how to make a rabbithole, check this tutorial:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=162034

X0X1: If anyone would know, you will... A couple lots say I have to download an update but my updater says I am already up to date ...

Do you know what I need to do to get myself properly updated so I can install these lots?

Thank you :)
  • Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I have WA. I'm going to try this. Wish me luck.

Edit/Add: YES!
    It works. Yay
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited April 2010
    Alyssum, you most likely don't have to do anything to update your game! :x It seems to be a problem with the exchange and launcher that it just doesn't like some of our creations for no apparent reason! Did you try saving the file to your computer rather than the direct install? Sometimes that works... and if not, you need to ask those creators whose lots won't install to upload them to some other file share site, then download from there. That generally works!!

I have already uploaded my Funkyfruit farm to mediafire because Berrypie had the same problem with it. if you're having a problem with mine, I will get the mediafire links!
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited April 2010

Candy-

The Exchange is broken. It is having all kinds of problems. I have addressed the uploading, and sorting problems on another thread. We have been responded to by a Guru on that thread. They say they are working on fixing The Exchange. I am refusing to upload anything until The Exchange stays fixed, because, since there is no tally, our creations are performing poorly.

The "Must Update" thing, is another problem many people have had. It is a problem of the website, and there is no solutions or workarounds yet.

The best ways to download is just like Judy said. The "Save As" feature on the download page is more stable than "Add To Game".

It is also easier to upload and download during off hours. When there is a lot of activity on this website, everything slows down. This is because their servers are overtaxed, and hieghtens the chances of the file in use getting corrupted.

• Options
    BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited April 2010
    I uploaded the Starfruit Stadium but my Sims page is missing or broken or something. So if any of you can see it... please post the link.

Thanks Judy. The Starfruit Stadium is here http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2295700

Only CC is a few posters I made just for fun.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mk2metmfzzz

25aqdm1.jpg

Just stopped by for the first time in a while and saw this. Just wanna say it's really awesome :D Everything is thought out well
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you Blue!

Judy & X0X1: Thanks for the advice.
    I wanted to re-download all the Berry homes fresh because I had gone in and fixed a bunch of missing parts earlier on.

I only have a couple of homes left to check for CC since XOX1's I know are all clean, Berry redid her homes as did Sunny and Judy.

Judy, are you remaking all your homes? Or just Frostee & FunkyFruit? BTW I'd love the link please.

Our town is pretty bare. There are a lot of lots "taken" but not many complete...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So...uh...silly me didn't register my High End loft stuff pack and ...uh... now I don't get that silly "you need to update your game" warning... *facepalm*

Edit: GRRR Still can't DL some lots...
  • Options
    AyoBelleAyoBelle Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2010
    Well I was waiting to see if the people who had claimed the bookstore,hogan's diner & grocery store showed up but I'd really love to take a stab at those three community lots if it's okay with you guys. If the original people show up I'll gladly step down or something. If there's anything else you need help with let me know and I'll be back in a few days with those builds :D
  • Options
    PrincessRoyalePrincessRoyale Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2010
    The cotton Candy Council hall still won't come up, but I've decided to tease you all with the pictures I took in the game :D
    wks6j9.jpg
    Including a Secret Garden
    15qrij6.jpg
    A chapel for weddings
    e5ln61.jpg
    this is a place of business however so a tax collector's office was added
    2dqt10j.jpg
    23uzuyr.jpg
    A closer view of the Garden
    j8nrpx.jpg
    A Throne room, cuz who says Sugar Valley can't be a kingdom?
    ruqn7k.jpg
    This is the Dining Hall part of the Throne Room
    16gbdi1.jpg
    Finally the King (or Queen's) Office
    sloi9c.jpg
    the Council Hall has stuff from ATS3 website and the money comes from a Russian forum site i can't remember the name of XP I'll try to find it again
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited May 2010

PrincessRoyale-

Your City Hall is beyond stunning! It will be a very welcome addition to Sugar Valley.

AyoBelle-

I would love to give you a lot space to build on, but it is slow going right now.

This website is very slow right now, and even causes Screen Freeze on my computer sometimes. I have to read through all of the pages, and track down all of the parts on every link posted here. Just scanning a post with several single sims linked, and especially if they have CC, can take me 2-3 hours.

We are going to need at least 2 Hotels or Boarding Houses, that can hold up to 8 sims. One sim would have to be the manager, so it can be uploaded and shared as a household / residential lot. This way, we will have a place to put some of the extra sims we are going to wind up with when we assemble the town.

A safe bet is to build it on a 30x30 flat lot. It can always be placed on a larger lot. It will just have some extra grass around it.

I can assign an address to it, when I am sure the lot is open, and I am sure there will be, from all of the deadends I am encountering. I do find new links later on, so I have to be sure before I post a confirmed list.

I would not recommend uploading anything right now, because the web tech team is currently trying to fix The Exchange. In the process, The Exchange is generating all kinds of extra problems. Best to wait until it is working better.

Candy-

I always hate it when my electrician says..."I have to ask, is it plugged in?"...But many a time, it isn't. LOL! :oops:

• Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited May 2010
    The cotton Candy Council hall still won't come up, but I've decided to tease you all with the pictures I took in the game :D

Amazing! Its so fabulous Princess! Love Love Love it!!
  • Options
    AyoBelleAyoBelle Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2010
    XOX1- Alright I can work on two boarding houses/hotels. Just in case we end up needing them. Also the exchange has been working fine for me but I'll wait to upload them. I can upload them to mediafire or 4shared something of that nature if need be!

PrincessRoyale- The Cotton Candy Council Hall looks fabulous!!
  • Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited May 2010
    If there is anything I could do to help, feel free to tell me. I probably said this before, but I'd really like to help out with this project.
  • Options
    kamcil19kamcil19 Posts: 10,574 New Member
    edited May 2010
    may I make berry sweet families? Maybe a house?
  • Options
    AutumnSapphiraAutumnSapphira Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2010
    Wow, this is a fantastic project! :)

In a very round-a-bout way, I found this through Berry's "Splash of Color" legacy, and I'm totally blown away! :D I'm terrible at building lots, and so absolutely new to CC, it's not even funny, so I don't think I'd be much help. I did have two questions though, if I may ask....

Are you using only Base game items, or are you using WA items, too?
    and... Are you going to put this on the exchange when it's finished so that even us non-creatives can play? :D I would so love to have this town!! hehehe
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited May 2010
    I believe some lots have WA items...And yes it will eventually be a Create A World download if all goes as planned ^^

Thanks for reading!! <33

purple-hikablink.gif
  • Options
    AutumnSapphiraAutumnSapphira Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2010
    So, for those of us who don't have WA, will there be a way to not download those lots?

I'm curious because I definitely want it, but wasn't really planning on buying WA anytime soon. :-\
  • Options
    honeycloudifyhoneycloudify Posts: 11
    edited May 2010
    I've been watching this project for a while. (That sounded officially creepy.) If I can make any berry sweet sims, let me know because I'm ready.
  • Options
    Tinkerbelch26Tinkerbelch26 Posts: 647 Member
    edited May 2010
    ok so i was just browsing through the fourm here and noctied you guys making a CC list. Now i know when i made my Apple Crisp Farm i used store items in the nursery and the childs room, and maybe some more in other spots would it be helpful for you guys if i re-uploaded it with only base game items? because i can do that and it wouldnt take much time at all. just get back with me if you think it will help :) and if there is anything else i can do ill be more than happy to help....OH! i will check out the day spa and see if there are any store items. I rarely use CC in my builds mainly because well...i dont like a lot of cc in my game so i figure that others wouldnt like it much either....anyway ill keep checking back
  • Options
    Tinkerbelch26Tinkerbelch26 Posts: 647 Member
    edited May 2010
    Ok sunny i went to go dl the tiwst home but i cant get it to dl, and then i cant get it to save file either idk what is going on but its starting to irriate me, a lot of it also comes from the fact that i cant get store items i have bought to dl into my game either.....anyway just thought id let you guys know OH! and also i have updated Apple Crisp Farms to where there is no store items in it....except i think i forgot to take the curtains in the kitchen out =/ but no big deal you really dont need the curtains anyway lol anyway ill post the link for ya guys

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2346470
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Tinker.
    I think we are all kind of on hold because the exchange is wonky.
    I can't install the Twist house either as well as some others which makes it hard for me to continue the CC list...
  • Options
    Sinclair1996PSinclair1996P Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    Hey I saw this a few days ago and was wondering is there any more lots for a family in the Berry Sweet Neighbourhood because I relly wanted to make a Pie family. Please let me have one. mysig_561841286.jpg
  • Options
    TMAETMAE Posts: 85
    edited May 2010
    Just so you know I'm still working on sugar plum buisness center.
    haven't been well for a long time so haven't been able to do much.
    Also can you use stuff from high-end loft?
    If not then here I go to remake the entire building sencond floor up!
    half stuff's from high-end loft.
    apart from that I'll make a CC and store list as soon as possible.
    altough I don't think that I have any store items but the party flamingo wall lamp :? :? .which i can easaly replace.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SunsetValley01SunsetValley01 Posts: 1,193 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Sorry I couldn't respond sooner.

I don't know why you would be having trouble, I'm 99% sure there is no store content and I KNOW there is no custom content in the build.:/ I'll go in-game and see if I can spot anything, but I think it might have to do with the exchange being all wonky.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    TMAE wrote:
    I don't think that I have any store items but the party flamingo wall lamp :? :? .which i can easaly replace.

That is a free item so I don't think it is a problem.

I have highend loft stuff... not sure about anyone else.