Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me?

But when I feel like a Sims game has lost its challenge anymore I have to start a new game?

I like to start my sims with nothing except like... a hole in the ground and a cot, with a bush for a bathroom. But somehow they all creep up to getting like 500k simoleons and then it's not fun anymore.
Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    My Sims are constantly broke. I take away the money with the money cheat.
    Just type 'money' and the amount they are 'allowed' and they are poor again :)
    c026b7155a1d0d8e44abc917f00a0d8bb17bff20.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I do like the struggle but I'm not much of a rags to riches player. I typically find myself getting bored when my sims' lives aren't dramatic enough.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 17
    I don't really do rags to riches that much because I don't like to build as I play

but also yeah I feel like some big mansions can be chore to play/navigate and things are almost more simple at start where you just have like idk tent or little house or something so its more fun

I think there is definitely ways to not end up so darn rich so darn quickly too though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Self imposed restrictions can go a long way. The sim is homeless? Then they probably will not get hired for many jobs and may not have a selling license. Maybe they don't even have a legal ID. Your sim painted a valuable painting? But they are a nobody, so who would buy this? Ten lilies picked last week? Picked in whose garden, may I ask? Hello, police...

In the end no matter how creatively you come up with restrictions, this can only delay the problem, not remove it.

Alternately you could play scenarios where money doesn't play a role at all. My sims go adventuring a lot at the moment, they have 4 million simoleons, but also trust and love issues, so them being rich doesn't matter. I'm involved with their emotions, that is challenge enough.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    But when I feel like a Sims game has lost its challenge anymore I have to start a new game?

I like to start my sims with nothing except like... a hole in the ground and a cot, with a bush for a bathroom. But somehow they all creep up to getting like 500k simoleons and then it's not fun anymore.

Maybe you have figured out the way you most like to play :)