Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Kit Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Which Kit Are You Most Looking Forward To? 107 votes

Goth Galore CAS Kit
23%
FaeCatLadybandit5Anmirlasimgirl1010loubylouloumonjr8302DaiyuSelinaKylesEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57QuaayLiELFKirbycatGrumpyGlowfishEvilyn_1007logionTTNsimmerhaisinamber_ilumireKimmer 25 votes
Castle Estate Build Kit
19%
alexspoom13g01denswanalanmichael1greydonnjcp011c2ChampandGirlieLoriTSpMayaRose1138bizuktagOldeseadoggeRedShoe7JemmaTheSimmerSAEldarinAtreya33HaflingerDianesimsAmapola76QueenSaraphineChildrenofhurinJAL 21 votes
Both
28%
crocobauraKita5399rudolphaSimburianfriendlysimmerscchant86SavorySageLuvtehGeeksDarkLady2788SimplyJenRinskiliekponiezcynciemustenixxxsillysimsStina1701Amrs_starkeySERVERFRAGlacierSnowSeashoreLivia 30 votes
Neither
27%
dreamergrl84AlexaiColorist40suetoopxMintTheSpotted_CelanorbretonncisGibbs02haneulfreindlylolDaraviNinja-Dan22ChadSims283bienchenStarfreeAlanSimsHearts4uhappyopikaiwrysimsWildIrishBanshee 29 votes
Other
1%
FreddyFox1234XxAirixX 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Goth Galore CAS Kit
    I'm not really a goth type of gal but of the two kits I'll probably get more use out of Goth Galore. I have a teen in my sims family and an idea to play her going through a rebellious stage. It'll be something different from my usual style of play.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Other
    I could have chosen any of the options but decided ‘Other’ was probably best. I like the castle theme the most (I love castles!) and I think the kit looks great, but I’m not a builder so I’ll always get more use out of a CAS kit than a BB kit in my actual gameplay - and I think I could definitely use the goth kit. But I’m not in a rush to buy any kits, and neither of these is a priority right now. So I think I’ll probably get both one day, but not just yet.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Castle Estate Build Kit
    Castle theme. Definitely more into the build/buy stuff than CAS. I"ll be getting both though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 16
    Both
    Am I excited? Yeah
    Should I be? Who knows

Will have to see what is in these kits first to really rank them anyhow
    but both themes are something that I would be interested in

I'm usually build girlie more than cas when it comes to stuff
    but somehow I am more excited to see what is in cas kit since castle one kinda leaked already :lol:

edit:

Was I excited? - Yes
    Should I have been? - Seems like no
    (castle is still pretty good tho)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Castle Estate Build Kit
    I look forward to the castle kit. I already built castles in the game and will enjoy more items to build them. (would have liked the futuristic build kit from the vote as well) I generally tend to be more interested in build kits than CAS kits. For the goth kit it depends on the items. If it contains a goth dress similar to the one of Cassandra Goth in sims 2 I might be interested. Otherwise I'll pass on the goth kit.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Goth Galore CAS Kit
    Both, but I'll probably use the goth kit for a larger variety of households.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Goth Galore CAS Kit
    I think I'm more of a CAS person, but it will be interesting to see what both of them contain :)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    Both
    I was a goth as a teenager, and a lot of that style has translated over even into my adult life, however not as outlandish and when I was young. If I didn't have so much cc, goth cas kit would be my first choice, of which I am most looking forward to. I am a very big cas player and styling my sims is quite possibly my favorite part of the game.

I love architecture and in particular gothic architecture is my favorite. Nothing could be greater than this kit to me. Hard to decide between the two- they are both really awesome themes.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Both
    My interest is in the Castle build but my niece and her husband are Goths still in middle age and go to Whitby every year with their friends who are also Goths from a long way back. It seems once a Goth always a Goth!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Goth Galore CAS Kit
    Both my daughter and I are looking forward to the Goth kit the most. I haven’t ever built a castle. I usually don’t build too large of homes, but I can’t wait to see other peoples castles, and download one for a community type lot. Well, at least once they have fixed being able to switch a residential rental back to a Residential or other type lot. I may hold off buying anymore content till they fix for rent, as I am afraid to play my main saves till then.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Goth Galore CAS Kit
    While I'm definitely interested in both, I actually have some castles that some really talented creators have made on the Gallery, so I don't feel to much of a gap there. But the Goth...Omg yes!! I've been wanting to make more gothy Sims, weird Sims, Tim Burtonesque Sims... I need more goth stuff!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Both
    I like the castle kit better, but I think I'm going to end up using the Goth kit more. I do build, but I'm better at interiors, and this is very much an exteriors kit.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Neither
    I'm going to buy Goth Galore but I'm really, really kitted out. Unless they are gameplay kits, but we haven't seen one of those since the inception of kits so...yeah.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited January 17
    Castle Estate Build Kit
    I'm interested in the castle kit even though I already do have a castle. I could build a second one possibly in Henford or another medieval world. That would create some gameplay. There's a part of me that could have a whole separate historic game set in the Middle Ages.

I am also interested in the jewelry kit. Honestly, the jewelry update looks like one that I would use a lot. The goth kit is honestly probably not for me, personally, but that's ok. Not everything needs to be for me. I'm ok with kits but I don't feel like I need every single one. I do use the ones I've gotten and may even add a few others that are out but I'm not in a rush about it.

I honestly mostly have architectural kits and several fashion ones but I have to really want enough of the specific objects to be interested. I will willingly admit that I'm not goth and I'm even at the point of deleting some of the "goth" pre-mades that I honestly tend to ignore. It is fine for all of us to go ahead and play in our own ways.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like the idea of both but I have never bought a kit, so we'll see. I love castles but mine always turn out unwieldy and often laggy.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Neither
    I was looking forward to both but upon seeing some the photos I’m not getting them.

The Goth clothes I was expecting to be edgier. Looks very tame and too similar to Grunge Revival Kit.

The castle theme looks build heavy but nothing for the inside. Some furniture would have been nice. The Sims store has some good castle furniture like stately throne chairs, a tapestry and dining set. I would have liked some new hanging candles or a new suit of armour.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,359 Member
    Both
    They both look good to me, and I will probably get both. But probably Goth first, as I have more concrete plans for using it at the moment. Castle might wait until a bit later.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Castle Estate Build Kit
    Castles castles castles!

I'm in love with the portcullis. Can't wait to build with it!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited January 17
    Castle Estate Build Kit
    I like the Castle kit, it has Hogwarts vibes. I wish it came with a big medieval or Tudor looking fireplace though because we don’t have any.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Both
    The Gothic Kit is good for new teen looks. :)
    As for the Castle Estate, finally better Medieval Exteriors. <3B)
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    Neither
    I voted for the other two kits but I'll probably buy the castle one in case I want to build a medieval house (not patient enough to build a castle). I'm not into goth but would buy it if something appealed to me, but nothing does so I won't be getting it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Neither
    Meh, I normally like kits and I did vote for both of these but somehow they don't live up to expectations.

The castle pieces are good, but not enough of them. The goth pieces are not good IMO, but maybe they are just not showcasing them well enough. I will wait and look for a video once they are out.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited January 17
    Both
    I'll change my answer to neither. I don't normally buy kits, but I was mildly excited for these before seeing the previews. The castle kit is still a maybe.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Both
    The castle kit bits will add a lot to the vampire builds. We could do with some torture implements of course! ;)
    I remember a lot of these sort of things when The Sims first came out. Some Simmers went to the dark side!
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Neither
    I have never purchased a kit. The only one I own is Desert Luxe because it was free. The one game play kit they have ever given us didn't appeal to me, and I can download CC for free. There are some cute items in the Little Campers kit which I'd like though. Maybe if I get a voucher one day.