Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons...I like it

SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
I know I' late to the party, but I really love the seasons expansion. I was afraid to get it at first because I thought it would just be "window dressing" and tedious drudge work like shoveling snow, but it's pretty cool. I like the holidays and the change in weather.

And today I found out that lightning can strike objects outside. I only found that out because Jericho is becoming a lush, I think. I put a bar on the pool patio and he keeps going out there to mix drinks. In a thunderstorm. I didn't "see" it but on his way back in he passed some burnt up furniture. I assume lightning struck it.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's my favourite expansion pack.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Solomutt wrote: »
    I know I' late to the party, but I really love the seasons expansion. I was afraid to get it at first because I thought it would just be "window dressing" and tedious drudge work like shoveling snow, but it's pretty cool. I like the holidays and the change in weather.

And today I found out that lightning can strike objects outside. I only found that out because Jericho is becoming a lush, I think. I put a bar on the pool patio and he keeps going out there to mix drinks. In a thunderstorm. I didn't "see" it but on his way back in he passed some burnt up furniture. I assume lightning struck it.

Seasons for me is a must have. I think shoveling snow is pointless and annoying but I can't think of anything else about that I don't like. Also, Patchy the scarecrow I think came with seasons and who doesn't enjoy an occasional romp in the hay with someone made out of hay? Am I right?

Besides the fun with Patchy, the holidays are also can't do without, except the neighborhood brawl and talk like a pirate. They're both 👎 for me.

As for lightning striking indoors, I've never experienced that!
  • Options
    Solomutt wrote: »

Seasons for me is a must have. I think shoveling snow is pointless and annoying but I can't think of anything else about that I don't like. Also, Patchy the scarecrow I think came with seasons and who doesn't enjoy an occasional romp in the hay with someone made out of hay? Am I right?

Besides the fun with Patchy, the holidays are also can't do without, except the neighborhood brawl and talk like a pirate. They're both 👎 for me.

As for lightning striking indoors, I've never experienced that!

Well, I agree about shoveling snow, but I like "talk like a Pirate Day" in real life so I like it in the sims.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    This is cool. I own Seasons thanks to someone gifting it to me but I have not played it yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    You must play it and umm, say hi to Patchy for me. 😉
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @Solomutt here's a tip: if lightning *does* strike an object outside look around. The game sometimes leaves a gem, metal or (rarely) element for your sim. I like to think of it as compensation or an apology for destroying your stuff 🙂.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    @Solomutt here's a tip: if lightning *does* strike an object outside look around. The game sometimes leaves a gem, metal or (rarely) element for your sim. I like to think of it as compensation or an apology for destroying your stuff 🙂.

I didn't know that, thanks!
  • Options
    blazerntq wrote: »
    This is cool. I own Seasons thanks to someone gifting it to me but I have not played it yet.
    It's really cool. I find it funny that if you make friends with the Sim version of Santa Claus you can invite him to go bowling.

• Options
    I started a Sims 4 game today. I have Seasons going so I will get to experience it. Excited!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I've been enjoying the Oasis Springs holiday walkbys lately.
    (Hope no one minds my double posting from the Screenshot thread)

Talk like a Pirate Day
    ygN7t.png

Winterfest
    christmas.png
  • Options
    @mightysprite Cool pictures. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Like many others in this thread, Seasons is a must have for me. I was like you back in The Sims 3. I didn't see a need for Seasons and (as you called it) "set dressing," until I bought The Sims 3 Seasons, and I don't ever want to play a Sims game without it.

Be careful of the lightning, it doesn't only strike objects. It strikes Sims too. I mentioned this in another thread, but my 7D Legacy Challenge founder got struck by lightning on day 1 of my let's play. She wouldn't stop going outside and splashing in the mud. It caught up to her in the end. She didn't die though, just a bit dazed and scorched.

Also, if I remember correctly, if a sim gets struck by lightning, they have a chance of gaining some sort of powers from it. I don't know much about it but maybe someone else can explain it better. I've never had it happen in my game.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    @SweetieWright_84 Powers would be cool.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I’ve always loved Seasons.☃️🌷🍉🍁
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 716 Member
    How To Play As A Storm Chaser | The Sims 4 Seasons Guide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRMOWUYL5hA
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I agree seasons is great. I enjoy the seasonal game play so much I would happily invest in a seasons 2 if Sims were to make one. I would love to see more food related seasonal activities/festivals. Additionally I would love more outdoor activities, celebrations, and a changing festival lot similar to sims 3.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I think Seasons is a must have pack, regardless of the sims serie.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Elmo1809Elmo1809 Posts: 16 Member
    Love this pack!! Could not see myself playing the game without it now. I love the changes in weather and how different crops grow at different times of the year like in real life. I love the added celebrations etc.
  • Options
    I'm actually trying to remember playing Sims 4 without Seasons. I honestly can't remember or
    even imagine it now!
  • Options
    lylam817lylam817 Posts: 3 New Member
    I also LOVE the Seasons expansion pack, for anyone who does not have this expansion pack yet, I highly recommend it.
    My favorite things about it are that you can create holidays and add traditions and you can see what the weather is.
    It is very enjoyable and it turned out to be one of my favorite packs.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I'm worried about getting seasons because I have read it introduces many more ways for sims to die, which I hate, and I don't want there to be bad weather or cold weather without me being able to control it. I love the it's-always-sunny bit in the game, tbh.

I also refuse to get the animals pack because of the animals dying. I think you can disable aging with animals too but I'm sure there are other ways they could die. NO THANKS!! I have had that happen too many times irl, it's too much.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    I'm worried about getting seasons because I have read it introduces many more ways for sims to die, which I hate, and I don't want there to be bad weather or cold weather without me being able to control it. I love the it's-always-sunny bit in the game, tbh.

I also refuse to get the animals pack because of the animals dying. I think you can disable aging with animals too but I'm sure there are other ways they could die. NO THANKS!! I have had that happen too many times irl, it's too much.

You can toggle off deaths from the extreme hot and cold. Also you can disable animals aging.

I had 2 sims freeze to death before I toggled it off, since then none of my sims have died from anything seasons related. I have never had an animal die.

Technically you can adjust the weather using the weather machine or a mermaid but seasons does introduce weather to your game so it isn't perpetually that sunny and 75 feeling. I prefer warm sunny weather but having seasons makes it feel more realistic and like time is passing. I love having the leaves change in the fall and all the flowers that pop up in the spring.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Technically you can adjust the weather using the weather machine or a mermaid but seasons does introduce weather to your game so it isn't perpetually that sunny and 75 feeling. I prefer warm sunny weather but having seasons makes it feel more realistic and like time is passing. I love having the leaves change in the fall and all the flowers that pop up in the spring.

What flowers are popping up in the spring? I never noticed any spring flowers. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

What flowers are popping up in the spring? I never noticed any spring flowers. Am I missing something?

In the grass, wild flowers just randomly pop up in spring. You can't pick them or anything, they just look nice.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

In the grass, wild flowers just randomly pop up in spring. You can't pick them or anything, they just look nice.

Ohh, I'll have to watch out for them, never noticed them appearing.