Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons...I like it

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,981 Member
    edited June 2023
    love it but calendar is still broken since the before hsy patch
    and it annoys the heck out of me constantly insisting theres something new there with that yellow dot grrr

I don't really think I'd be playing without seasons though its just nice for the overall vibe everywhere
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,940 Member
    I really need to enable weather. Right now I have eternal summer because I love dressing my female sims in cute sundresses and shorts.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I really need to enable weather. Right now I have eternal summer because I love dressing my female sims in cute sundresses and shorts.

You could always just add them to your cold weather outfits. We all know that one person IRL who goes around in shorts and sandals in January, right?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,940 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

You could always just add them to your cold weather outfits. We all know that one person IRL who goes around in shorts and sandals in January, right?

I'm shivering just thinking about it. 😄
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Amapola76 LOL! That's my son-in-law! He is always warm so wears shorts year-round, and we live where we have the seasons changing, including winter with very low temps! @simgirl1010 When I see him outside in the snow wearing his shorts, I feel very chilly!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Amapola76 LOL! That's my son-in-law! He is always warm so wears shorts year-round, and we live where we have the seasons changing, including winter with very low temps! @simgirl1010 When I see him outside in the snow wearing his shorts, I feel very chilly!

It couldn't be me!

As much as I love California, I could never live there year-round. I like to go all-out on every season in its turn. So when as soon as mid-fall hits, I start to ease into warm & cozy mode, and I don't come out until April.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    love it but calendar is still broken since the before hsy patch
    and it annoys the heck out of me constantly insisting theres something new there with that yellow dot grrr

I don't really think I'd be playing without seasons though its just nice for the overall vibe everywhere

I think the problem with calendars is that every morning when you wake up, the calendar scrolls so yesterday is gone and a new day is added to the calendar queue. A new day means that the new content dot will trigger. Personally, I don't think we need that new content dot for calendars.

It's also annoying to have that with the phone because of Social Bunny but at least that makes more sense.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,135 Member
    I so love the Autumn/Fall colors. I love the Winter white snow. And I love the beautiful Spring flowers.😉
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so love the Autumn/Fall colors. I love the Winter white snow. And I love the beautiful Spring flowers.😉

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it? 👅 😛 😝 😜 😋

Just playing, I agree. There really is a sense of amazement with it, even the blizzards and thunderstorms. OH! That reminds me! With Seasons be ready for your entire population to go into a panic when a thunderstorm pops up! At least, mine does. Lol and the panic spreads from one to another to another to...well you get the point... It's quite amusing at times and frustrating at others.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    Yes, I love all the seasons but the thunderstorms can be really annoying! I had days of thunderstorms in my game recently so I turned them off. I got tired of not being able to do anything outdoors because all my Sims were terrified all the time! I’m sure I’ll turn them back on again as I like the variety, but for now I’m enjoying the peace.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Yes, I love all the seasons but the thunderstorms can be really annoying! I had days of thunderstorms in my game recently so I turned them off. I got tired of not being able to do anything outdoors because all my Sims were terrified all the time! I’m sure I’ll turn them back on again as I like the variety, but for now I’m enjoying the peace.

One time irl it rained hard here seriously every day all day for two entire years - and that is no exaggeration. It was a real problem. There were I don't know how many memes of people standing with their dogs outside in flooded yards holding an umbrella over them while they went to the bathroom, but getting rained on themselves. And that was super accurate - we did the same thing! It took awhile to be ok with rain again after that lol. I wanted it to be sunny all the time. But now rain is nice again, in moderation!

Sorry, that's not sims-related, I just don't often get a chance to tell people the weird tale of our two years of nonstop rain. :#
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,135 Member
    At least you can turn off thunderstorms in the game. ;)
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    fujicakes1 wrote: »

One time irl it rained hard here seriously every day all day for two entire years - and that is no exaggeration. It was a real problem. There were I don't know how many memes of people standing with their dogs outside in flooded yards holding an umbrella over them while they went to the bathroom, but getting rained on themselves. And that was super accurate - we did the same thing! It took awhile to be ok with rain again after that lol. I wanted it to be sunny all the time. But now rain is nice again, in moderation!

Sorry, that's not sims-related, I just don't often get a chance to tell people the weird tale of our two years of nonstop rain. :#

Oh wow, that's seriously bad. After that I don't think I'd want to see rain ever again, not even in the game. I can understand wanting to turn off particular weather effects if it recalls bad memories. I'm in the UK and we don't really get much extreme weather, so I guess I feel at home with the variety in the game.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited June 2023
    I love Seasons! I think pretty much all of the packs I own I couldn't imagine playing without now, but Seasons especially brings the game so much life!
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I have a love hate relationship with seasons lol. I hate how it sometimes ruins my plans, went on vacation once and it rained the entire week, like heavy, thunderstorm rain. It's just to real for me sometimes lol. But also, I can't imagine my game without it.
  • Options
    I have a love hate relationship with seasons lol. I hate how it sometimes ruins my plans, went on vacation once and it rained the entire week, like heavy, thunderstorm rain. It's just to real for me sometimes lol. But also, I can't imagine my game without it.

Yeah, my boys just went on vacation and had that happen for the first half. On the plus note, Aaron now is a storm chaser and both he and Malcolm are waterproof. 😀

From now on they will check the weather on the calendar before they they anything else like that.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    I like everything about the sims 4 seasons especially the rain and the snow it’s very cool to see it rain and snow in the sims 4
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    It wasn’t the first pack I bought but I can’t really remember the game without it and I wouldn’t want to play the game without it.

The calendar, the seasons and even the holidays are just so important to every game I play really.
  • Options
    xboxwillsendmetohellxboxwillsendmetohell Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Solomutt said:
    > It's really cool. I find it funny that if you make friends with the Sim version of Santa Claus you can invite him to go bowling.

You can also do other things. Unrelated note, his children have magic powers.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love adding in extra holidays like Easter so they can have Easter egg hunts and visit the flower bunny, or Simland Day which is my sims version of Canada Day on July 1st (1st day of summer in the sims) where they have BBQs and fireworks etc.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 444 Member
    I love adding in extra holidays like Easter so they can have Easter egg hunts and visit the flower bunny, or Simland Day which is my sims version of Canada Day on July 1st (1st day of summer in the sims) where they have BBQs and fireworks etc.

I also have a version of Canada Day, but I called it National Day because I couldn’t think of anything else. 😄 I like your name better!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited September 2023
    My added holiday that I like the most is the "Leaf Burning Day", taking place last day of Fall, helping to keep the hoods tidy :) The family might enjoy a bbq or bonfire (public location), tell stories and not the least - burn those piles of leaves. If needed, some might go out a couple days before to rake up some piles. In many hoods the tradition has bee take over by teenagers, so there might also be some romantic occasions :) It's lovely to watch multiple piles burning at the same time in the dark night, and the best of it all is that the public area is (normally) tidy afterwards.

Adding: I think I started this tradition back when there was a glitch adding tons of piles. Lately I thin the game actually gets rid of most piles during early Winter. Still a fun and cozy Fall activity, though :)
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Simmerville I call mine Fall Cleanup Day. I love that we are able to add events/holidays like this as it adds so much to the game!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,676 Member
    blazerntq wrote: »
    This is cool. I own Seasons thanks to someone gifting it to me but I have not played it yet.

I got it immediately. I forgot how only one season for eternity can be so very boring. Now, I recently turned off rain in my last save because it rained just about every day, all day long. Tough to care for a garden when that happens. I started a new save and so far, I think I left rain on. I'll know when it starts raining, or when I decide to check on it. LOL Just having a change in the weather is refreshing. Also, I really love that we can customize the calendar by adding our own holidays and being able to remove the existing holidays. I don't mind the pirate talk all that much, but I definitely don't want my Sims all battered and bruised from physical fighting all day long. Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,987 Member
    edited September 2023
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    I'm worried about getting seasons because I have read it introduces many more ways for sims to die, which I hate, and I don't want there to be bad weather or cold weather without me being able to control it. I love the it's-always-sunny bit in the game, tbh.

I also refuse to get the animals pack because of the animals dying. I think you can disable aging with animals too but I'm sure there are other ways they could die. NO THANKS!! I have had that happen too many times irl, it's too much.

I have aging off for animals and none of mine have died. You can turn off severe weather like thunderstorms and blizzards, but I haven’t had problems with my sims dying that way. You can also put a thermostat in buildings. I will say that I get tired of the rain and snow sometimes. But, the different worlds have different kinds of weather.