Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work Refresh after Grow Together?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2023
    a get to work refresh would be cool the Retail Stores needs an
    UPDATED Bad
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2023
    if they do a get to work refresh I'd love to see teachers go to work in high school years and Retail Stores needs an
    UPDATED Bad
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It sure would be nice to have another couple of lots in the vast empty space that is Magnolia Promenade.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I was just thinking how I would love it if the next refresh was for gtw before I found your post. I don't really care much about the active careers, having not played them, but I want the retail system to get reworked so bad! I want my sims to operate a business right out of their home lot.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    It needs a refresh badly but I doubt it would happen.
    Spa Day I heard was the worst selling game pack (despite being one of the strongest packs). Yes the refresh was brilliant but they didn't actually have to add much to change the structure.
    Get to Work is broken from design, retail lots are largely pointless and the investment of doing it probably wouldn't be beneficial. It was the first Exp so my guess it it would have sold very well.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    It needs a refresh badly but I doubt it would happen.
    Spa Day I heard was the worst selling game pack (despite being one of the strongest packs). Yes the refresh was brilliant but they didn't actually have to add much to change the structure.
    Get to Work is broken from design, retail lots are largely pointless and the investment of doing it probably wouldn't be beneficial. It was the first Exp so my guess it it would have sold very well.

My daughter loves making retail lots. She has her sims update furniture and appliances, and then has sims come in to buy them. She also likes putting together outfits for retail. I on the other hand would like them to make retail like Dineout, where you don’t have to have an owner to set up the business. I mostly use businesses for my sims to go buy things, not to actually run the business. I also would like to be able to buy outfits off the rack, and be able to choose what ever outfit combination you want. I would also love to see a simple clothing lot trait, where you actually have to buy the clothes to use them.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
    Next EP : Growing To Work :p

Teens learning a job in an Apprentice school and growing at work.
  • Options
    Dr. BorpoDr. Borpo Posts: 26 Member
    Get to Work definitely need to refresh the aliens with a skill tree and include gameplay on Sixam outside of the one scientist career event. There's so much potential for cool stuff on Sixam and the world is barren. No wonder they like coming to Earth!
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Dr. Borpo wrote: »
    Get to Work definitely need to refresh the aliens with a skill tree and include gameplay on Sixam outside of the one scientist career event. There's so much potential for cool stuff on Sixam and the world is barren. No wonder they like coming to Earth!

actually you can travel to Sixam if you build a rocket and add some right improvement to ot
  • Options
    Dr. BorpoDr. Borpo Posts: 26 Member
    @lunnarila I'm aware but my point is that once you get to Sixam, there's absolutely nothing to do. You can build a lot there--but it's just like any lot in game. The scientist event is the only time gameplay is actually an option on Sixam. Otherwise, it's just wandering around a giant empty crater.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I feel like it's either fairies and horses or this for whatever hint they think we didn't fund. Maybe all 3.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    As much as I would love for a Refresh fixed up for Get to Work, I think Outdoor Retreat needs a Refresh first.
    Outdoor Retreat Granite Falls needs to become a residential world. Also it needs woods adventures, crossovers ability for Eco Living, Island Living, Cottage Living & Realm of Magic.
    Then do a Get to Work Refresh for the poor Aliens, Sixam, & make the Scientist Career a crossover for Strangerville. After that, Strangerville will need a Refresh for the Secret Lab to work with the Scientist Career.😉
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Get to Work does need a refresh, especially after the photography skill, which used to be a feature of the pack, was brought to the base game after Cats & Dogs patch.

And I do think the doctor and detective careers need some additions. I feel like scientist career is mostly great as it is (with sometimes the work tasks being different).
  • Options
    ImpulsiveRaptorImpulsiveRaptor Posts: 16 Member
    I just want to be able to sell more items in my retail stores. You can't sell plants that you've grown, so I can't have a nursery, which is a bummer.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    As much as I would love for a Refresh fixed up for Get to Work, I think Outdoor Retreat needs a Refresh first.
    Outdoor Retreat Granite Falls needs to become a residential world. Also it needs woods adventures, crossovers ability for Eco Living, Island Living, Cottage Living & Realm of Magic.
    Then do a Get to Work Refresh for the poor Aliens, Sixam, & make the Scientist Career a crossover for Strangerville. After that, Strangerville will need a Refresh for the Secret Lab to work with the Scientist Career.😉

Yeah, I don’t mind quite so much that you can’t live there because it does remind me of a state or federal park, but I think we should at least be able to visit the lots without having to spend money to rent over night as I have mostly community lots there. I really would like to be able to have my sims live in Silvadorado ( jungle adventure) though.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    I would love:

Get to Work refresh with updated aliens with a skill tree and all careers having an active option, retail at home, own-able community lots, and expanded active career options to NPC's like librarian and bartender at x bar etc.

Island Living refresh with updated mermaids with a skill tree and surfing.

Get Famous refresh with another middle-class neighborhood along a swimmable and surfable coastline, and bands. Be a rockstar! Be a famous surfer!

High School Years refresh with cars and learning to drive.

Making Selvadorada and Granite Falls livable worlds, adding optional toggles to prevent sims spawning in a world other than their own, and updating worlds to include swimmable, hikable, and collectible areas. Perhaps optional toggles to make it so you have to buy clothes and to travel at various costs depending on how far you are going. Updating the choose world screen to a larger map of all the worlds to help dictate how much airfare or taxis cost between worlds.
  • Options
    Oh, and a recalibration of money making options and items, one-sided attraction and romance pack, adding most if not all debug items to the buy/build catalog, especially in landscaping, and including an environment need and environment scores on all build/clutter/decorative items.
  • Options
    Additionally I might also enjoy a plant-sim skill tree, and making them into a proper occult. Perhaps they could be merged with faeries and be a game pack? Other game packs I think will/should come are horses and funerals.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Additionally I might also enjoy a plant-sim skill tree, and making them into a proper occult. Perhaps they could be merged with faeries and be a game pack? Other game packs I think will/should come are horses and funerals.

A plant-sim skill tree/ adding them to fairies is a great idea. Also their tree should be shaped like an actual tree 🌳.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    I want the refresh for the sims 4 get to work to have a hospital to visit when you’re sick or injured or when you need a checkup