Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventeen & Maldusk: A Supernatural Soap Opera

Comments

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    @SnowBnuuy Thank you for your comments.

I had so much fun writing this chapter. Whenever Annie and Ion interact, I can just let my inner-nerd loose to play. Glad you found so much amusement in it. :smiley:

Despite my overall intent to not take anything in this story too seriously, I have spent quite a while thinking about my sixamnians' biology, telepathic/tele-empathic abilities, and what effect both of those have had on their society. Not sure how much will get revealed or when I will reveal what parts (I prefer to only mention what is relevant to the immediate moment, and try not get too info-dumpy), but I like throwing little tidbits like that evolution explanation in here and there. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 21 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Tristan tries to stay calm.
    SAM-C21-Tristan-Chap-Link.jpg
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited March 2023
    Okay, Ill comment more, the actual chapter when more time tomorrow.

But, thanks to other thread, I "found" your ploopers page :D Spider web and Reubens eyebrows saved my day !! THANK YOU :D:D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu Glad you "found" the bloopers page! (I've been thinking I need to reorganize a little to make it more visible).

The spiderweb blooper and Reuben's eyebrows outtake are two of my favorites ever so far. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    LOL, all I can say is criminals in SimNation are pretty desperate :D

• Options
    Spiderwebs fetch a high price with collectors from what I hear. :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 794 Member
    New Chapter!
    There would be a lot to say about all the things Tristan thought about and the introduction to his traumas and jealousy, about the cute pictures of Annie trying to console Ion in the background, the fact that the mysterious girl (and another person who seems to appear in the cover picture (?)) keeps popping out even when apparently normal people like Tristan are the POV character, and many other stuff, but here the big point is...

How could Tre get distracted/get lost in the few meters between his door and Reuben's? And why didn't he return back yet? This starts to sound worrisome...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    @HermioneSims Thanks for your comments!

Very worrying indeed. :open_mouth: Perhaps Tre has a phenomenally bad sense of direction?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Oh goodness, what you do with everyone's little foibles
    Tre is an obsessed conspiracy theory follower... but he might be right
    Tristan is over-worried about what if Tre doesn't come home... but he might be right
  • Options
    @mightysprite Thanks for reading!

I love your comment so much. :joy::heart: It feels profoundly insightful and philosophical somehow, and reminds me just exactly why I wanted to write this story in the first place.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Aw 😊 and I enjoy those elements of your story just as much as the comic stuff.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    New chapter!
    Despite all Tre's faults with his conspiracy theory obsessions at least he's good to Tristan who I feel awfully for. Cheating sucks and even years after it happens it can really screw up your trust in everyone platonic or otherwise. I really love the 'at work' montage. Can't help but think back to that guy in the wordless chapter who was listening in on Tre. Maybe they've found him... I love the description of Reuben's look XD
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @SnowBnuuy Thanks for your comment.

Tre really does care a lot about Tristan. And even though he can be inadvertently overwhelming and cheerfully oblivious to other people's feelings, he's actually pretty tuned into Tristan. Some pain can take a very long time (or literally forever) to heal from, and he has a personal reason why he knows that. But... spoilers. I will say no more.

Tristan's work montage is one of my favorite montages so far. I took a ridiculous number of screenshots prepping for it and cutting the number down to what you see in the final montage was really hard.

Yup. That guy in the news-boy cap who was listening in sure does seem suspicious. :wink:

Lol. Reuben and his looks. He really has some great ones. That line was actually inspired by a humorous insult line I loved from an old comedy radio show (roughly from the 1940s (and , no, I'm not actually old enough to have heard it when it aired. I used to check out recordings of old radio shows from the library)). The original line from the comedy show was a quip during a character argument, "Well, I can read your mind. I'm good at shorthand."
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 22 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Reuben runs from all his problems.
    SAM-C22-Reuben-Chap-Link.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    New chapter!
    Urgh, if that 'lifestyle' is what I think it is...I think Reuben should just drain them both. : P That closeup of red-eyed Reuben was ....eep : O I like that everyone seems to get something totally different out of being bitten. Never thought inspiration would be one of those things. You can probably guess what things I was thinking of. I like that you came up with that idea though, it's fun.

At first those feelings immediately sound like possible romantic thoughts, but then part of me wonders if the intimacy is something a little different than romance and also a bit darker. I wonder, if you use the same blood source over and over would you begin to stop seeing them as people and just start seeing them as a walking sanguine Capri-Sun instead? In my mind currently I feel like it's more to do with that, but who knows? Or maybe both at once. 'If I start having feelings for someone then I don't want to end up seeing them as nothing but a bloodbank.'

Reuben's poker face during the chat with that guy is .... unsettling X_X Defo not someone I'd want to get on the wrong side of. The vampire lore was interesting, and also terrible. All it takes is one person to cry 'vampire' and Reuben is wiped out. Not sure if the other dude is on board with Reuben's fairly well constructed lie. That squint said he wasn't buying it. Ooh and that last image.... : O I kinda see Newcrest being like that as well. Like a posh gated community where everyone keeps offing each other or something. XD
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @SnowBnuuy Thank you so much for your interesting comments!

I really enjoyed reading your reactions and speculations here. It's a little hard to respond to most of them without giving away spoilers, but I will say that you're on the right track with some ideas and, maybe not quite so much with others. But we'll have to wait and see which ones are which. :wink:

"Reuben's poker face"... :lol: I just love that guy's face expressions. His blank flat-eyed stare, his seriously scary scowls, his terrifying angry looks, his grumpy glare, his disdainful eye-rolling, his strained and awkward looking smiles... As a sim "actor" in this story production, he's a lot of fun to work with.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 794 Member
    New chapter!
    So we're back to Reuben, I see...

I agree with SnowBnuuy, there is a lot of interesting vampire lore here. All the part about the bleeders, Mitchell and the new artist-guy is pretty interesting, but I found even more interesting the one about the condition of vampires in general. I can see why Reuben is trying to keep the secret there, it sounds quite scary to have basically fewer rights than what many animals get nowadays. The fact that the Seargent knows about him being a vampire is quite interesting as well, and unexpected also...

And then we're back at the mysterious's girl house (presumably?). I'm not sure that the next chapter will start where this ended, but this is yet another real cliffhanger, I want to know what happens now!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Oh so much great stuff in here! Maybe this is nerdy but I especially liked
    the backstory on the vampire laws.
    And that Reuben's boss is the only one who knows about Reuben.

Speaking of Reuben, we have your number now, Reuben, because
    you didn't even respond to Mitchell's text, but you can't stop thinking about him.

:wink:

Oh sorry one more thing
    the remark about "leaving food out for" Tre and assuming he'll come home eventually? completely hilarious
  • Options
    Thanks for the great comments everyone!

I hope the lore wasn't too much of an info dump, but as we move forward, there are a few world-building things we need to know about. You'll see some more details here and there over the rest of Season One.

@HermioneSims

I love your comments. I'm biting my tongue on spoilers, so this is brief. I feel like this chapter gives us a deeper glimpse into Reuben's behavior, as you noted. He's so tight-lipped with people about his life, not just because he's an exceedingly private person, but because he genuinely needs to hide certain things.

@mightysprite
    Speaking of Reuben, we have your number now, Reuben, because you didn't even respond to Mitchell's text, but you can't stop thinking about him.

:lol: Yes. I think you see through his gruff "I don't need anyone" ruse.
    the remark about "leaving food out for" Tre and assuming he'll come home eventually? completely hilarious

Tre is like a puppy that wants your attention ALL the time. Reuben sees it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my
    Im bit worried about Tre, to be honest I thought thats impossible :p

Also had a good laugh over that leave food out thing :D ,No matter how much like puppy he is, just please, no touching to Underfoots food!!!! :#

I thought first the boss guessed it was Reuben who attacked Jonathan.. I was wrong :)

ooohhh.. mystery house with mystery lady and mystery blood doner who was not at home...

ps.
    dL8XgKb.jpg
    <3<3<3<3<3

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you for your comments!

Well, there are probably all kinds of reasons to be worried about Tre :tongue: , but for now we can be worried that he's missing.

Underfoot's food is safe. Tre prefers Tristan's cooking.

It's hard to know what Reuben's boss has guessed or not, since we can't see what he's thinking. But it does seem like he trusts Reuben.

Mystery house [Redacted]... I can't talk about that. Sorry. :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow ,
    you know... [Redacted] .... is cruel :D:D:D

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    you know... [Redacted] .... is cruel :D:D:D

Yes. Yes it is. 😜
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Chapter 23 is ready!

Main page link

Chapter index link

Reuben investigates... and is investigated.
    SAM-C23-Reuben-Chap-Link.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I recently started reading Seventeen and Maldusk, only just started Chapter 21... it's really good! I have stuff to say about the characters but writing them out would end in a ridiculously long paragraph so I'll spare you :D