Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoying things sims do

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by some of the things sims do? The one that annoys me so much right now to the point I'm tempted to never create another atheltic Sim ever again is athletic sims grunting and flexing their muscles, even the females. It's a REALLY annoying noise and just stupid.

The other is how EVERYBODY coughs and chokes when eating. There's a mod out there to fix that animation at least, but Sims should be able to feed themselves without coughing and choking.
moxiegraphix on Origin

Comments

• Options
    Dallas12128Dallas12128 Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2012
    I hate how they have like 500 random outbursts all the time.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited April 2012
    Sprinklers are a shocker.
    It's five am and my Sim frequently decides that first thing he'll do each morning is go for a play in the garden sprinkler. -sigh-

I think one of my other ones is since I got my Sim the Carefree Lifetime Reward. She's developed a habit of pausing what she is doing to come and point and laugh at her family. Then she goes back to whatever she was doing, usually in another room too.

:roll: Sims, you still got to love them anyway!
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited April 2012
    I hate how they have like 500 random outbursts all the time.

That reminds me. The temper tantrums when they can't do something or they get tired or hungry. Sims are whinier than any real life toddler.
    NRowe wrote:
    Sprinklers are a shocker.
    It's five am and my Sim frequently decides that first thing he'll do each morning is go for a play in the garden sprinkler. -sigh-

I've had to remove all traces of water slides from any lot my sims live on because they will stop whatever they are doing to go slide on the water slide and they will run out to slide on it at the most inconvenient times, too.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited April 2012
    SIms are so annoying, but u gotta luv um.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2012
    My sim created a Simbot about 4 sim weeks ago now, but every time he walks into the room, she will drop what she's doing to freak out over the simbot that is listed as her son! So annoying!
  • Options
    Jaxxx10Jaxxx10 Posts: 218 New Member
    edited April 2012
    When the toddlers sit at the top of the stairs so noone can go down or up
  • Options
    ageorgiagirlageorgiagirl Posts: 84
    edited April 2012
    THE CLUMSY TRAIT!

My one sim stumbles and chuckles and looks around to see if anyone saw constantly! It is getting super annoying. I will never use that trait again.
  • Options
    PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    edited April 2012
    They have to scream and panic at a ghost or simbot like every second one is near them. I really love simbots but I can't play them in my game because the sim will stop everything to just scream at it! -_-;;

• Options
    monkey38367monkey38367 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 2014
    A list of everything that annoys me about my sims (that I can think of right now)

Wrecking the appliances (by the time i'm four hours real time into my game, they've broken every sink, and shower in the house)

Having high free will and still not doing what is asked or needed (either doing something else, or having a low bar and complaining instead of taking the short trip to the batroom or kitchen)

Mother sims who won't check on their babies.

Going to the farthest room in the house for their needs even thoug there's one provided near them.

Washing dishes in the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen.

Certian glitches (like falling through the roof, or getting stuck on one level of the house)

My vampire sims apparently constant need to end his life. I was originally planning on moving all of my household sims into their own houses, but now I'm a bit afraid of leaving him alone, because he will go outside and literally just stand there and burn.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2014
    In addition to most of what has already been mentioned, I really hate it when my sims freak out over the toilet getting clogged, get mad and beat their head on the computer, or even worse, they heckle their own family members with whom they have a very high relationship, and have been given no reason whatsoever for treating them like that. And they do this regardless of what their traits are.

Maybe some real people do things like that, but when I make a sim with traits like my own, I want them to act like I would in the same situations, and I would never do anything like any of those things. It's childish, and a huge waste of time and energy.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oops! Quoted myself instead of editing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    vonhaussenvonhaussen Posts: 270 New Member
    edited January 2014
    My Sims pet peeve is when the characters get asked out for dates from Sims they never met, especially when they are married. Or get phone calls after 11 PM by a random Sim. Or when they open the mailbox and there's a butt load of love letters and gifts.
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited January 2014
    The rocking chair. My sims will cancel out the action to sleep in their bed so they can sit in the rocking chair (and sometimes nap). They will do that above everything else!

And the deep fryer from the store. Hope your sim likes fried food because that's ALL they will eat!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2014
    I agree with the rocking chair. My sims drive me mad with it. So much to the point I quit buying them for them, even when they have a wish to purchase one.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2014
    I can relate to being annoyed about some the out bursts that sims do in the game. The ones that annoy me that they do is clap their hands to express happiness while holding an infant. And cry over a sim's grave that they have never met before. What is the deal with that? Why are those two animations even in the game at all? They don't affect the game in any way except for taking up space that could have been more useful in the game. :|
  • Options
    FredcatFredcat Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2014
    Personally I find the athletic flexing pretty funny. Women can flex, those UFC women who fought last week were scraping, I wouldn't mess with them lol.

What I find most annoying are the way relationships work. I don't like my sim being accused of cheating by romantic interests. It's not like they're boyfriends/girlfriends or married. What really really annoys me is the constant calls between midnight and 6am my celeb sims get even when they are married. Half the time they are sims my sim never met. And on the rare occasion my sim has accepted the date the caller is either not there or goes home immediately because it's so late or they are tired.
  • Options
    MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited January 2014
    What annoys me the most is if there is a toy or dish on the floor or table the sims will sit and yell about it and stomp their foot instead of going around it or pick it up.
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited January 2014
    An annoying thing about the sims is when a baby is crying and nearly every adult in the household tries to go and pick it up and it's just a traffic jam in front of the crib. >.<

I also hate how sims spend ages freaking out over a clogged up toilet or any other broken object. I mean, just grab a plunger/wrench and start fixing it. There's no need to panic. >.>

Whenever your sim visits another household and they decide to get something to eat, and they're warned for inappropriate behavior. A sim you just met, I can understand, but when that pop-up appears at a relative's house, it really irks me.

Those curfews. I thought it was up to the parents to set curfews for the children, not the police. :? It's impossible for any of my teenage sims to have a decent date without the police breathing down their necks the minute it turns 10:01 pm. I'm always yelling at the cops to leave my sims alone.

On that note, why can't sims run from the police? For example: I had one teenage sim arrive home at 10:05 and then a pop-up came with a cop telling her that she was in big trouble and my sim had to run all the way back to the other side of town, which was miles away just to be taken home when she was already home in the first place! The entire time I was screaming like "Leave her alone!"

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh don't get me started

1 Sims that ignore thier childre
    2 Sims that won't leave thier children alone
    3 Sims that pay more attention to thier dog than thier kids. THEN get a negative 'crying child' moodlet from the child they chose to ignore
    4 Sims that drop everything to 'react to pet' even though pet isn't doing anything.
    5 Sims screaming at me because something is blocking their way instead of going around the item
    6 Sims that wish for the most stupid and useless things like Snowball fight with, water ball fight with, sing karaoke.
    7 The game lagging, except now that the menus are interactive, don't lag no mo.
    8 Random Sims asking my Sims for dates. I mean they don't EVER bother them when they are single but once they are in a relationship, here come the calvery.
    9. Oppuntunities that pop up trying to send my Sim to China, Egypt and France. Last time I took advantage of an opportunity like that, the oppuntunity disappeared when my Sim arrived in China. Ended up being a waste of mine and my Sim's time and a waste of 1500 simoleons.
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited January 2014
    Books. Freaking books. Me not being a builder, I like purchasing already Furnished houses. Each house comes with a bookcase. I play my Sims on High Free Will so they can care for themselves, but what do they do instead? Read a book. If I don't make them do anything, it is a must that they'll read a book. No matter how many times I cancel the interaction, they would catch a grenade to read a book.

Oh, when they're done reading, guess what they do? Put it back? Are you crazy? Stick that ish into the Inventory, son! And read it outside the house when you're not clubbing or adjusting your position for 2 hours to give a Friendly Introduction. :?
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited January 2014
    I hate the baby swing. I bought it to help with the kid's moods, which it does, or it WOULD do but all my Sims keep taking the kid out of the swing and putting him on the floor. It's like, "Oh here's a nice happy, peaceful, quite baby in a swing. Let me get up and put him on the floor." Good grief.

Or my Sim set his stove on fire, and the first thing he does is freak out, then instead of putting out the fire, he decides to microwave a meal for himself, while the fire is spreading through the kitchen.

My Sim had twins and for some reason one twin was like a day older than the other and as soon as the oldest twin turns into an adult he starts grounding the 1 day younger twin.

Finally, I had a birthday party and my child Sim apparently started a fire by blowing out his birthday cake candles. Two Sims died as a result, then all the people leave the party, and because my Sim has the LTR of "throwing good parties" or whatever it's called, everyone who leaves is like "Wow what a great party."

Nice to see they enjoyed the deaths... LOL
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited January 2014
    I hate it when the aliens abduct the Sim reading a book instead of the one using the telescope!
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited January 2014
    I thought the Baby Play Mat would be a nice change of pace, but now the adults are constantly taking baby from swing (where I told them to put him) to put him on the mat, then taking him off the mat & put to bed, then back to the mat... Never cuddle or feed, just constantly relocating baby instead of doing something useful. Ugh. I've started putting the mat in baby's inventory when I don't want him on it.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have several things that annoy me to no end but there are things I do to compensate because lord knows nothing will change their behavior.

Sim reading all the time. I'm an avid reader myself and my sims are constantly trying to read the same book every time I interrupt them. So instead, I let them read for a sim hour and then have them do chores/skill.

Obsession with the deep fryer/ice cream maker...simple, mod to take away the obsession. :mrgreen:

The stinking papprazzi, mod that sets cowplant to eat only paps. :mrgreen:

Brave trait that I give the majority of my sims cause I want them to beat up burglars and put out fires. Problem is when one sees a ghost, they celebrate. Bad thing when your sim is a ghost hunter. :roll:

The only pets I like are the horses. With that being said, I have yet to find any mod that prohibits them from trying to go pet the d*mn horse in the middle of the night and the horse is asleep. That and any interaction with the horse from saddling to brushing will waste a sim hour with the horse doing to do-sey-do to get into position. :x

I let my sims, even married ones, go on dates. It's a good way of making friends and it isn't a real date as there are no hearts unless someone gets flirty.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    edited January 2014
    Jaxxx10 wrote:
    When the toddlers sit at the top of the stairs so noone can go down or up
    That is horrible and happens all the time for me.