Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had any problems with the most recent update

Comments

• Options
    ksreynolds2ksreynolds2 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Yes, was having the incompatability error, uploaded a patch you posted, now I get an error message saying there is an error during startup and to check log for more details.
  • Options
    MBernishMBernish Posts: 2,122 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I don't like what I'm hearing about this patch/expansion pack! I don't think I should use either one :cry:
  • Options
    AshleyGenevieveAshleyGenevieve Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    Yes, was having the incompatability error, uploaded a patch you posted, now I get an error message saying there is an error during startup and to check log for more details.

This is what has been happening to me too ... I tried downloading a patch from the link below for just the Sims 3 (assuming that is what the base game means), but it still isn't working.

http://www.simprograms.com/27854/the-sims-3-game-update-1-192-143-104-75-56-2/
  • Options
    wissbroeckerwissbroecker Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Here is my problem i was playing Sims 3 and while it was saving my computer died or got shut off, so now the game is corrupted. I have tried starting new games, resuming saved games, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the games but nothing will work, all it says is a serious error has occured and it strongly suggests that i should restart the program. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited February 2011
    That's odd! :shock:
    I never got issues with any of the updates.
  • Options
    markatnwnmarkatnwn Posts: 10
    edited February 2011
    Okay, I bought Ambitions, adventure & late night expansion packs for christmas. My daughter loves amibitions but it keeps crashing on her so she has sickened of the SIMS. My son updated the launcher and now I also get the launcher error. EA seriously need to hire a regression test team before delivering any products and or patches.

How long until this broken patch is fixed. Or is it the case you have to go and uninstall everything to stand a remote chance of it working?
    I also had the error message, but I just went out and bought Outdoor Living and installed it, and now I have no trouble. :3
    Surely spending even more cash is not the resolution ?

http://www.wishingwellsoftware.co.uk/EAsucks.jpg

This pop-up is simply insulting and infuriating. It is the Autoupdate patch that screwed the game, and now when I do what it suggests and 'update' I am helpfully infomred your product is up to date. Poor Show.
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited February 2011

This is what has been happening to me too ... I tried downloading a patch from the link below for just the Sims 3 (assuming that is what the base game means), but it still isn't working.

Hi there, would you two mind posting which products you have installed as well as the version number of each product? This will help me better help you get the game back up and running.

Also, to rule out any potential conflicting data, you may want to try moving your "The Sims 3" folder out of your documents folder temporarily to see if that helps.
  • Options
    PokochanPokochan Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Im Have the same problem. But it's not reading the base game disc, but its reading the expansion pack disc.
  • Options
    redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2011
    My game has never crashed to the desktop untill i installed the outdoor living stuff pack..when i enter a house the game just crashes to my desktop.. i tried uninstall and reinstalling all the expansion packs but i still have that problem..so i just uninstalled the outdoor living stuff pack and my game doesnt crash anymore..i have all the updates..

base: 1.19.44.010001
    WA: 2.14.4.010001
    HEL: 3.10.4.010001
    AMB: 4.7.4.010001
    Fastlane: 5.5.4.010017
    Nightlife: 6.2.4.010017
    outdoor living: 7.0.55.010001
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm having the same issue and it won't even let me install any gifts or anything from the store and since late night was installed it won't let me install customed content either.Do we need to reinstall all the games to fix the problem,or tell ea again since everybodys having the same issue. :?:
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited February 2011
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    I'm having the same issue and it won't even let me install any gifts or anything from the store and since late night was installed it won't let me install customed content either.Do we need to reinstall all the games to fix the problem,or tell ea again since everybodys having the same issue. :?:

Hi there, when you say it won't let you install your items, do you mean that it shows an error?

You will want to make sure that you are logged into your account in the launcher as well as your browser. Also have you tried using a different web browser?
  • Options
    Stacey_MichaelStacey_Michael Posts: 74
    edited February 2011

Hi there, would you two mind posting which products you have installed as well as the version number of each product? This will help me better help you get the game back up and running.

i dont know what im doin or how to reply lol.. but sims guru brent ur amazin.. my game is now working thank u so much i owe u my life thanks alot ur a life svaer :) u amazin guy u !!

Also, to rule out any potential conflicting data, you may want to try moving your "The Sims 3" folder out of your documents folder temporarily to see if that helps.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited February 2011
    well... my game crashes everytime I put an OLS object in my sim's home and click "Live Mode"... :evil:
  • Options
    proudmama4boyzproudmama4boyz Posts: 574
    edited February 2011
    congratulations on your 1000 posts! SimGuruBrent :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    congratulations on your 1000 posts! SimGuruBrent :mrgreen:
    *joins the congratulations-ness*
    :mrgreen:

but I still need help... :XD:
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2011
    Did you do DEP for OL
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2011
    update on my game.. i posted that my game was crashing when i installed outdoor living..so what i did was add it to the DEP list and now my game doesnt crash anymore when i enter into a house..
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Did you do DEP for OL
    remind me please... :XD:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    double post... :hunf:
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2011
    DEP

(not sure if I understand your post right)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PokochanPokochan Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Maybe it only updated the expansion pack.
  • Options
    PlayerDogmom4PlayerDogmom4 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2011
    I finally got the DEP to work. for a little while OL was not showing up so i could add it. But my boyfriend found it and added it. so now I'm not having any problems. I can play without the crasing after 2 seconds. everything seems to be working fine. only thing i experience sometimes is the sound of my sim's car driving when there not driving it! can't hear them talk, or music. only the sound from the tv. but the sound of a car driving is running in the background. this seems to happen when i've been playing for a while.
  • Options
    Brookelynn_22Brookelynn_22 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I just updated my game and now its saying that my sims 3 base game is incompatible with my expansion pack n i cant play the sims 3 at all. im not very happy! I have the base game and ambitions. it says i have version: 4.7.4.010001 can ne one help please?!! i really wanna play my game! But then wen i go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt then click on skuversion.txt it says GameVersion = 1.17.60.009001 so idk. someone pleeease help!
  • Options
    Oliviafrost1Oliviafrost1 Posts: 4,808 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm having the problem with the message popping up saying your base game isn't compatible to the new update (Or what it says exactly)

Base: 1.18.9.009002
    World Adventures: 2.0.86.002002
    High End Loft: 3.2.8.005001
    Ambitions: 4.0.87.006001
    Fast Lane: 5.0.44.008001
    Late Night: 6.2.4.010001
  • Options
    ClovahClovah Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I just used this forum to help solve my problem with BASE VERSION INCOMPATIBLE WITH NEW UPDATED. I just wanted to make a couple of comments.

First, thank you, thank you so much to the person who posted the direct link to the update. The problem seems to stem from the patch of the base game being interrupted somehow after the expansion game update finished installing.

Second, when someone starts a thread about a specific problem, it would be nice if people who have or want to solve a different problem would refrain from talking about it in that thread. It makes it even more frustrating to try to find information when I have to read about your lags and crashes that are clearly a different problem. It's unfortunate for Sims lovers that the EADM is so poor--always a problem, and it sucks more that the infomation to solve problems is so poorly organized. It's great that people are willing to help each other, but please try not to be part of the problem.

Finally, on that note, don't suggest drastic measures like uninstalling and reinstalling the base game and every expansion unless you know what you are talking about.