Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had any problems with the most recent update

I get this error message: http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h453/justsomeone1/?action=view&current=sims3.jpg and when I start the game these error messages: http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h453/justsomeone1/?action=view&current=sims3_2.jpg
I have Windows 7, and I think it started when I updated the game to the Late Night update. Does anyone else have this issue, or is it just me. If it is just me, what do I do?

Comments

• Options
    oizobooizobo Posts: 21
    edited February 2011
    And also, it's hard for me to install custom content.
  • Options
    ShortyBooShortyBoo Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2011
    Have you tried bypassing the launcher? I've never used it except to install cc. I never start the game using it.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited February 2011
    I am getting the message that my base game is incompatible with an expansion
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited February 2011
    ShortyBoo wrote:
    Have you tried bypassing the launcher? I've never used it except to install cc. I never start the game using it.

How do you do that
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    I am getting the message that my base game is incompatible with an expansion

I'm pretty sure that means that the base game isn't patched all the way. Every new update means you have to patch the base game and each EP and SP. If one of them is missed, you will have issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    ShortyBoo wrote:

How do you do that

By starting the game with the main .exe and not the Launcher one. Like for my game, Late Night is the latest pack I have installed, so I start by opening C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin/TS3EP03.exe
  • Options
    IsabellaTitleyIsabellaTitley Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    i'm getting the same message (base game incompatible with expansion) would the patching thing still effect me even if i bought all the games instead of downloading them?
  • Options
    IsabellaTitleyIsabellaTitley Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    i just tried bypassing the launcher and that didnt work either. :(
  • Options
    thekingsofthekingsof Posts: 27
    edited February 2011
    I've been getting the same message too, that the base game is incompatible. Am I really gonna have to re-patch all the games?
  • Options
    Aurora1004Aurora1004 Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2011
    I too have tried both ways and cannot play the game either. error messages
  • Options
    thekingsofthekingsof Posts: 27
    edited February 2011
    Now I've downloaded the latest patch for the base game, installed it, and it still doesn't work! This cannot be happening! My sims were supposed to get married today!!
  • Options
    manegan17manegan17 Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    i don't understand what bypassing means?
  • Options
    guddy06guddy06 Posts: 110 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I also have been having problems and I can't even install outdoor living either cause it says I need to update which I can't it keeps saying my base game is incompadible with my game. I got an error message saying I was missing some file so it didn't install right or something....then I opened my launcher to redownload it and it says its updated already. But outdoor living is still saying I need to update....
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    edited February 2011
    try downloading the EADM and reinstalling that you may have an older version which is causing the problem .
  • Options
    GreatBigSeaGreatBigSea Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited February 2011
    Unfortunately the incompatible games means, you must uninstall, then reinstall everything :(:( very depressing. I've done it about three times. it stinks, but life goes on.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    try downloading the EADM and reinstalling that you may have an older version which is causing the problem .

I just updated my EADM this morning
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I just updated my EADM this morning
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Unfortunately the incompatible games means, you must uninstall, then reinstall everything :(:( very depressing. I've done it about three times. it stinks, but life goes on.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    manegan17manegan17 Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    i don't know how to fix my game....i bought them both like at the store not downloaded them.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited February 2011
    guddy06 wrote:

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

No, it does NOT mean that you have to uninstall and reinstall your games. This is a fairly common problem that people have when updating. I am not sure why as I have never had the issue, but if you search "Base Game Incompatable" in the search box, you should find more than 1 thread with instructions on how to correct the problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've tried reinstalling it before, like two or three times, but it didn't work.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    manegan17 wrote:
    i don't understand what bypassing means?
    Here, this link may help you: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Bypassing_the_Launcher
  • Options
    xocaptiveoxxocaptiveox Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have not received that message, but what I have been experiencing is crashing. I just enter my save game and like two seconds later it just crashes. I have checked my system against the game requirements and my computer can handle it. So does anyone know what is causing these issues?
  • Options
    xMooSpicexxMooSpicex Posts: 71 New Member
    edited February 2011
    None of these messages have been popping up on me...the only problem I'm experiencing is the annoying lagging :cry:
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited February 2011
    For those that have incompatible error message, hopefully the following direct links to the Base Game update will help. You only need to download the once that corresponds to your copy.

If you are running the DVD version of the game in the US you will want this update:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010001_Update.exe

If you have the DVD Version in Europe:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010002_Update.exe

If you are running the Digital Download version of Base Game:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010017_Update.exe