Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Legacy Blogs

Comments

• Options
    funkyfreshhfunkyfreshh Posts: 164 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OMG.
    freewebs f'd me over SO BAD.
    they froze my site because i got too many hits and i wasn't paying for it.
    woooooooooooooow.
    so now i have to reupload all my pictures from this site (lucky they are saved here!)

just wondering... why isn't the large size upload an option? it goes from medium to full size.
  • Options
    pb1285npb1285n Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OMG.
    freewebs f'd me over SO BAD.
    they froze my site because i got too many hits and i wasn't paying for it.
    woooooooooooooow.
    so now i have to reupload all my pictures from this site (lucky they are saved here!)

just wondering... why isn't the large size upload an option? it goes from medium to full size.

I'll check it out, but once you do upload a picture and put it in your post, while stick editing the post hover over the image and click on the edit button and you have many many more size options. So it makes sense just uploading them at full size and then scaling them down in the post.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ya for some reason it goes to 100% and the rest are greyed out. -shrug- i'll play around with it.

edit: all under control. time for tedium. haha
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem with my Wordpress blog. It never lets me select the large size, so I just use medium.

Medium works nicely with my layout, anyway, so I'm not too peeved by it anymore.
  • Options
    BlueChanBlueChan Posts: 1,600 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am going to rant for a moment...

My internet has been going on and off for the last two days. This means that I can not write chapters, nor upload photos, because I will lose the progress as soon as my internet turns off again.

The technician was supposed to come today to check it out, but they didn't show up. I just want to smack my head against the keyboard.
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    edited June 2009
    Quick Question for SerinVal, are you going to be updating the current legacy links in the first post to reflect all the people who are now using the Sims 3 Legacy site rather than previous (like Word Press). I will just be using the new link now.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    whitemacgirl190whitemacgirl190 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sweet, I just copied my prologue onto the site. I LOVE IT!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Quick Question for Legacy Readers:

How do you feel about EXTREEEEEMMMEEELLLYYYY long chapters? Do you like them or do you get bored?

I ask this, because I usually have my chapters set up so that one chapter will cover the week days in a week, and the next chapter will cover the weekend. This week my founder had A LOT going on, therefore I had A LOT to write about, so this chapter is... well... trés grande, as the French would say (very big).
  • Options
    Meluv_CookiesMeluv_Cookies Posts: 788 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey people! I signed up! Im going to be starting Jo Ada's ABC's! =) I wanted a diverse name for my simmy!
  • Options
    SerinValSerinVal Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    cshaner wrote:
    Quick Question for SerinVal, are you going to be updating the current legacy links in the first post to reflect all the people who are now using the Sims 3 Legacy site rather than previous (like Word Press). I will just be using the new link now.

I'll only be putting up the links to the blogs there aren't on sims3legacy.com. For those that are, I'll just link to the website, or more like, the blog list on the website.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Haha, I had trouble recognizing you at first because of your avatar change, SerinVal. :P
  • Options
    MiniieMiniie Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've got writers block! it's hard to describe everything that is going on through my founder's point of view. There are 4 of them now, and i've got alot to say about each of them. Hmph.

Edit: wow. 2gb? so how do i switch over again? (from wordpress)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Miniie wrote:
    I've got writers block! it's hard to describe everything that is going on through my founder's point of view. There are 4 of them now, and i've got alot to say about each of them. Hmph.

Haha, well you could do what I do and describe EVERYTHING, ending up with monstrous, gigantic posts...

OR

You could pick and choose the most relevant things to describe and leave out the unnecessary stuff. Either that, or include everything, but condense it.

EDIT: Actually, Miniie, Wordpress gives you 3gb of space. It tells you when you click the upload icon that you have a total of 3gb, how much you've used and how much space you still have available (in percent).

I've uploaded well over a hundred high-quality screenshots and I still have 98% free uploading space on Wordpress. ;)

Not to disparage thesims3legacy.com. I still think it's a great site for Legacy fans to come together. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Haha, I had trouble recognizing you at first because of your avatar change, SerinVal. :P

Lol, yeah I decided to change it to my founder. I have her as my avatar up on sims3legacy.com, but my username there is just my name, so I decided to change it here too. I don't know about you, but I like to know who is who. :)
  • Options
    whitemacgirl190whitemacgirl190 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Quick Question for Legacy Readers:

How do you feel about EXTREEEEEMMMEEELLLYYYY long chapters? Do you like them or do you get bored?

I ask this, because I usually have my chapters set up so that one chapter will cover the week days in a week, and the next chapter will cover the weekend. This week my founder had A LOT going on, therefore I had A LOT to write about, so this chapter is... well... trés grande, as the French would say (very big).

If it's well written, you could cover 3 months and I wouldn't get bored.

I dunno, I'm gonna go check out your stories now.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    whitemacgirl, my legacy's written like an actual book, with dialogue and detailed character development and so on. My posts are usually longer than average because of this, but the one I'm working on is a beast.

P. S: Hahaha, I almost typed b.r.e.a.s.t instead of beast... :oops: Good thing I caught my error before I posted it.
  • Options
    Meluv_CookiesMeluv_Cookies Posts: 788 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Quick Ques!

How do I post pics on my blog? Sry I must sound like a n00b and stuff but I need help!
  • Options
    TiariTiari Posts: 379 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ashleigh: I'm okay with reading long chapters. Most blogs I'm reading have really short chapters (which is totally fine too), but I like reading something a bit longer personally.

My own posts are kind of long, so they go over several pages, but I also have tons of pictures just 'cause I like the visuals, rather than just writing a story.

Edit: Just updated with chapter 3, woot woot.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Quick Ques!

How do I post pics on my blog? Sry I must sound like a n00b and stuff but I need help!

which blog are you using
  • Options
    Nu_Clear_DayNu_Clear_Day Posts: 469 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just an update:

Moved my blog over to pb1285n's website, so my blog address is now http://nuclearday.sims3legacy.com/ (And thanks, pb, for letting us move in. :) )

At the moment I'm just ironing out some loose ends and working on catching up with my own posts, but I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's once I get a spare moment here. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I was about to comment on how this place dies without me ( :mrgreen: ), but I see we were moved to Creative Corner. :x
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes, we have. But they don't delete the thread from the old forum, so its still in General Discussion. I was actually wondering how long it would take them to move it there. =P
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, as long as this thread hasn't been deleted, I'm happy. :) I don't really care what discussion board it's in.

I spend most of my time in this thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, but I don't like the threads with the little arrows beside them. Pft, silly mods finally doing what they're supposed to.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, its sims 3 related, so I couldn't see it being deleted. Unless we completely stray off-topic, but that doesn't seem to happen.

Argh! So much to do with my story, will be going out to the coffee shop down the road to have breakfast first.

And yeah, the threads with the arrows are annoying. If the forum happens to be slow, its hard to tell whether there has been a new post or not.