Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Legacy Blogs

Comments

• Options
    funkyfreshhfunkyfreshh Posts: 164 New Member
    edited June 2009

What am I going to do? I hope people don't stop reading my legacy because of this.

i doubt they'll stop reading your legacy just because the pregnant women don't show...

though it is sort of funny they get sliced, lol. x)
  • Options
    SerinValSerinVal Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, pb1285n, I was wondering about the featured member thing on the home page. Its freaking me out a little. Are you messing around with it? Will it be a permanent thing, and if so, how do you become featured? Or will it become a featured blog?
  • Options
    HyfrydleHyfrydle Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2009
    Just imported and the formatting looks a bit off but this could be due to the crappy work pc I'm using.

Could someone quickly check it out and let me know if the formatting looks fine?

This is the url:
    http://hyfrydle.sims3legacy.com/
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009

What am I going to do? I hope people don't stop reading my legacy because of this.

i doubt they'll stop reading your legacy just because the pregnant women don't show...

though it is sort of funny they get sliced, lol. x)

Well at first it was kind of funny, but now it's just frustrating. One of my favourite parts of pregnancy in The Sims was being able to see the mother's tummy grow. I don't know, maybe it's a girl thing, but it's exciting to see a tiny person growing bigger and healthier inside someone.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    lol, im a girl too.

on the site topic:

my only hitch right now is i want readers to read the blog starting with generation 1 and ending in generation 9. is there any way I can reverse the order?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    lol, im a girl too.

on the site topic:

my only hitch right now is i want readers to read the blog starting with generation 1 and ending in generation 9. is there any way I can reverse the order?

Haha, I didn't really assume one gender or the other when I said that. It just seems like more women are bothered by this graphical problem than men. I think it's because a growing belly is a sign of a healthy baby and that an expecting mother's doing her job right of protecting her baby, so women naturally enjoy seeing growing bellies in The Sims more than men (in general, of course. There's always exceptions).
  • Options
    pb1285npb1285n Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal wrote:
    Hmm, pb1285n, I was wondering about the featured member thing on the home page. Its freaking me out a little. Are you messing around with it? Will it be a permanent thing, and if so, how do you become featured? Or will it become a featured blog?

I've been thinking it over but I haven't decided yet, for now it's just blogs I'm enjoying at the moment. :p

If you have any thoughts though, let me know.

and if you'd rather not be features let me know too. :wink:

funkyfreshh: Sorry about that. The importer can easily import from a lot of sites, unfortunately yours isn't one of them.

Hyfrydle: You need to edit the name of one of your categories. It appears to be a link from blogger. You can do that by going to your dashboard, clicking on post and then categories.

Also some of your images don't appear to be sitting correctly. This can be fixed by going into edit post, choosing the post you want to edit, pointing at the image and clicking the icon the appears in the corner and choosing how you want it to sit (do you want it centered, do you want the text to wrap around it, etc?)

Finally some of your text doesn't appear to be paragraphed correctly. To add spaces between text don't just hit enter, hold space and hit enter twice.

I think that is everything. Once you do that, make sure you pick a nice theme by clicking on appearance and hitting themes. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    lol, im a girl too.

on the site topic:

I think that can only be done by editing the theme, but if you choose your theme I can edit it so that the posts appear oldest first.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n wrote:
    lol, im a girl too.

on the site topic:

I think that can only be done by editing the theme, but if you choose your theme I can edit it so that the posts appear oldest first.

ya do that!! haha
    thank you soooo much =)
    i decided on a theme... im just transferring the blog now.
    might as well wait until tomorrow because it'll take a bit to copy it by hand. =)=)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n wrote:
    lol, im a girl too.

on the site topic:

ya do that!! haha
    thank you soooo much =)
    i decided on a theme... im just transferring the blog now.
    might as well wait until tomorrow because it'll take a bit to copy it by hand. =)=)

Okay just let me know the theme. If you want you can send me a message on the legacy site (username is admin). I will add the edit to your theme so it appears in reverse.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n: Hmm, my idea would be that there could be a poll, or when you create a general forum, there could be a thread, where people nominate the blog they like for the week/month's featured member/blog.

Also, I don't mind being featured. I've just never been featured in something before. It when I refreshed the homepage and suddenly saw my avatar under the featured members thing, I was like '🐸🐸🐸🐸? That can't be right..' Yeah, I'm really used to being unnoticed, so it freaked me out a lttle, thats all. UH, it is right, isn't it? =P
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n wrote:
    Hyfrydle: You need to edit the name of one of your categories. It appears to be a link from blogger. You can do that by going to your dashboard, clicking on post and then categories.

Also some of your images don't appear to be sitting correctly. This can be fixed by going into edit post, choosing the post you want to edit, pointing at the image and clicking the icon the appears in the corner and choosing how you want it to sit (do you want it centered, do you want the text to wrap around it, etc?)

Finally some of your text doesn't appear to be paragraphed correctly. To add spaces between text don't just hit enter, hold space and hit enter twice.

I think that is everything. Once you do that, make sure you pick a nice theme by clicking on appearance and hitting themes. ;)

That's great thanks for your help I will edit the pics when I get home as my work pc doesn't seem to display the images. Would it be possible to set-up an area on my blog to note the current legacy score?

Also a few posts back I mentioned a scoreboard idea for legacy scores any thoughts on this?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal wrote:
    pb1285n: Hmm, my idea would be that there could be a poll, or when you create a general forum, there could be a thread, where people nominate the blog they like for the week/month's featured member/blog.

Also, I don't mind being featured. I've just never been featured in something before. It when I refreshed the homepage and suddenly saw my avatar under the featured members thing, I was like '🐸🐸🐸🐸? That can't be right..' Yeah, I'm really used to being unnoticed, so it freaked me out a lttle, thats all. UH, it is right, isn't it? =P

Yes it is right, I didn't even realize it was yours at first until I saw the link under your name. :P

and I like your idea. I am trying to implement either the forum directly on the front page or at least a list of recent messages. I'll see what I can do. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone know a way to fix the non-existent pregnant belly issue? I'm going to hate having to take screenshots of my founder walking like she's going to topple backward with no belly... >.<
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hyfrydle wrote:
    pb1285n wrote:

That's great thanks for your help I will edit the pics when I get home as my work pc doesn't seem to display the images. Would it be possible to set-up an area on my blog to note the current legacy score?

Also a few posts back I mentioned a scoreboard idea for legacy scores any thoughts on this?

Yeah if you want it on the same page as your blog you can change your theme and add a widget to the sidebar with your legacy score and anything else you want. Once you pick a theme I can walk you through that since you are using the default one right now.

If you want a separate page, click on pages, then add new and once created a link will appear on your blog that leads to it.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Lol, yeah. I probably should have kept the same username as on here. Ah well.

I think the list of recent messages would be good. But yeah, have to figure out whether it should be weekly, or monthly. Maybe at first it could be weekly. Like you could set up a thread for the featured member voting for next week to start and so on and so on. Also, it would be great if the same person couldn't be featured twice in a row. Just so everyone gets a chance, and so everyone can get their blogs out. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal wrote:
    Lol, yeah. I probably should have kept the same username as on here. Ah well.

I think the list of recent messages would be good. But yeah, have to figure out whether it should be weekly, or monthly. Maybe at first it could be weekly. Like you could set up a thread for the featured member voting for next week to start and so on and so on. Also, it would be great if the same person couldn't be featured twice in a row. Just so everyone gets a chance, and so everyone can get their blogs out. :)

Yes I like that idea, I'll try and get it implemented soon. I need to get a forum over there so people can start discussions over there instead of spamming this thread. :p

Ashleigh825 : I will investigate it and see what I can come up with.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! My founder hasn't started to show, yet, so I have the game paused until I figure out what on earth to do. Lowering all my graphics settings didn't help and every time I asked for help on the forums, all I got was "Beats me. Look it up on YouTube." Guess what? There's nothing to help me on YouTube!

Sorry for that mini-rant. It's just been driving me insane forever and getting such crummy answers all the time only makes it more aggravating.

The only real help I got was being told it's a laptop problem and a lot of people running the game on a laptop are having the same problem, but that still doesn't give me a clue as to how to go about fixing it. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I am looking through all the plugins on wordpress.org, and I have some suggestions. But I'll save them for later. I'll post them on the forums once they have been created to see if others would like that plugin.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! My founder hasn't started to show, yet, so I have the game paused until I figure out what on earth to do. Lowering all my graphics settings didn't help and every time I asked for help on the forums, all I got was "Beats me. Look it up on YouTube." Guess what? There's nothing to help me on YouTube!

Sorry for that mini-rant. It's just been driving me insane forever and getting such crummy answers all the time only makes it more aggravating.

The only real help I got was being told it's a laptop problem and a lot of people running the game on a laptop are having the same problem, but that still doesn't give me a clue as to how to go about fixing it. :(

I'm assuming it's an issue with the mobile video card you are using, you wouldn't happen to know what video card is in your laptop and the driver version?

If you don't click on the start menu (if you are running windows), click run, type in dxdiag, click on the display tab and read me the name of the card and the version which is on the right and the date it was last updated for kicks. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That way doesn't work for me. I'm on Vista, so there's no Run option in the Start menu.

Yet another reason why I detest Vista... :evil:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I finally figured out how to check it after beating Vista brutally over the head... :x

It's Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n wrote:
    Yeah if you want it on the same page as your blog you can change your theme and add a widget to the sidebar with your legacy score and anything else you want. Once you pick a theme I can walk you through that since you are using the default one right now.

If you want a separate page, click on pages, then add new and once created a link will appear on your blog that leads to it.

I will choose a theme when I get home at work the whole thing is very slow due to the crappy PC's.

Thanks for your help so far though.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    aw, p.oo i need a new siggy.
    is there a hit counter?
    wow major ego question
    haha

edit: and can you update the bennet legacy to the new link in my siggy?
    thank you guys so much... you're awesome.
  • Options
    typomantypoman Posts: 140 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well i think its mostly ready.
    if you are still updating the links at the front could you change mine to
    The Johnson Legacy