Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In-Game Pulsating Popup Packs Ad: Community Reacts

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I don't think they give much attention to this thread anymore. As soon as they realised that most people who post here now are people who already posted earlier on this thread, it's not an issue. There aren't enough of us to make them reverse their decision.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,066 Member
    @83bienchen I do believe you're right, and yet I am glad this thread continues as it at least is some small way to say that we are not happy, that we are not just accepting fate but still displeased.

Still I find the silence so insulting. If they were to just talk to us instead of giving us the silence treatment. "Yes, we know you don't like this, but sales has gone up so the shopping cart stays" would be better than crickets chirping and pretending we don't exist.

Unlike others I am not ready to stop playing a game I still enjoy just to hurt EA. I paid for this game, a lot, and I intend to get my money's worth. Whether or not I keep buying stuff is another matter. I do want the last pack, and the party kit, but I have not yet decided to buy them. Either way I am not buying anything else right now, and never again on full prise. I am so grateful to the many modders who keep me from seeing the horrible thing.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 446 Member
    It's the same with the shopping cart feedback thread over on AHQ. At first, EA was actually engaging with the participants in the thread and assuring us that they were monitoring our feedback, but they've disappeared now.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,355 EA Community Manager
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    It's the same with the shopping cart feedback thread over on AHQ. At first, EA was actually engaging with the participants in the thread and assuring us that they were monitoring our feedback, but they've disappeared now.

Heya,

I stopped engaging as I don't have any news to share. I'm still in there giving XP as appropriate though, and still reporting on the thread.

Also, every time I posted in that thread it caused a wave of backlash that I would have to start handing out forum suspensions for, which wasn't helping the tone of an already frustrated thread.

Any news I get I'll share both here and on the AHQ thread. Super promise.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,472 Member
    I still haven't updated since the shopping cart patch, but I think I'm going to soon if some of the major bugs are finally calming down. The bugs, and potentially ruining my years-long game, is the main factor for my not having bought anything new since before For Rent came out, and I was initially excited for new rentals. Other factors include excessive use of rabbit holes in the last few EPs, which is NOT gameplay, as well as skimpier content in packs that combines to make them feel unfinished, second rate, and rushed with shortcuts. For a AAA multi-billion dollar game that has cost me hundreds of dollars, this is unacceptable. It doesn't meet the bare minimum of even offering a functioning product.

So the shopping cart is absolute insult to injury, EA sticking their palm out in my face for more money while I avoid updating my game to be able to enjoy my financial investment. Because let's not let EA forget that we players are ALSO investors. We received an unfinished game on release with the promise of much more content to come, and the expectation that the game would continue to function with the installation of said content. This has not been the case. And we reserve the right to pull our funding and support of this game until they give us our money's worth.

I enjoy Sims 4 when it works. I can have fun with my game and have no issue purchasing packs on release when they work as promised, and offer a reasonable amount of content for the cost. But it's my choice. There's enough mods, custom content and other games out there that I could be choosing instead. It all depends on how EA decides to treat this game, its development, and its players.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,066 Member
    @EA_Cade I appreciate you telling us that there is no news. I'd rather hear that every now and again than nothing. At least then we know we're not just being ignored.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 446 Member
    I think the thing that saddens me the most is that I've noticed a couple members who used to be extremely active here and/or on AHQ seem to have voluntarily dipped over the last couple of months. There's one member in particular whose posts I miss. They obviously loved this game so much. We PM'd a few times to commiserate about the state of affairs, but they vanished a few weeks ago. I guess they got too frustrated. I hope they're at least still enjoying the game, even if they don't post anymore.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Just jumping in to state my opinion. I haven't played or updated the Sims since this cart button showed up. Maybe I will later on, maybe not, but I have lost the interest, at least for the moment. As for if it is worth "fighting" this development, probably not. Most people seems to have accepted, or resigned themselves to the entire thing. EA can do as they pleases. They'll sell kits, and buggy packs, when they're not implementing new ways to nudge customers to buy more stuff. People shrug their shoulders and goes looking for mods to fix their problems.

I actually loved this game once, and it's a shame it has gone downhill since then. I can only vote with my own wallet, and it won't make a difference. But I don't wanna give more money to a company that behaves like EA is currently doing. I say this with no anger, just feeling resigned. I'm not the target audience for this game, and it shows. Over and out, I'm done.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member

I’m very disappointed with the lack of communication from producers regarding this feature. Threads like these and the one on AHQ have turned into echo chambers and at this point we all just sound like wee toddlers crying into a giant, empty sippy cup. Why are we required to give all this valuable feedback when there’s no acknowledgement from the powers that be? It all seems a bit Kafkaesque to me.

The last pack I bought was Crystal Creations about 3 - 4 weeks ago. I’m really enjoying it, but I’ve been playing offline since the most recent update. The game seems stable enough and although it’s in no way perfect, I’m content with how it’s going for me at the moment.

I’m currently exploring many occult and historical gameplay mods just to scratch that “fantasy” itch and I must say I’m having an absolute ball.
    I honestly dislike having too many mods in my folder -I prefer clarity and simplicity - but this time I truly need to be WOWED by next official TS4 content that’s going to be released before I’m updating my game again. I can’t be casual anymore. I wont pre-order, I won’t buy at release and I will certainly not buy anything through the not so jolly shopping trolley. No one cares ofcourse, but I do.

In the EA app there’s an option to turn on/ off in - game advertising so one would expect that an in-game shopping cart is not necessary when a general toggle like this already exists? If I have it turned off, it means I DO NOT WANT in-game advertising in my games, including The Sims 4, in any shape or form. Yet the toggle is being ignored by the game itself and I’m forced to use a mod to avoid accidentally clicking on it. It’s beyond ridiculous.

Anyways, I’m going back to my darling necromancer, time to sacrifice some good ol’ souls. 😈
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,672 Member
    Yet the toggle is being ignored by the game itself and I’m forced to use a mod to avoid accidentally clicking on it. It’s beyond ridiculous.

I agree.

That said, there are many problems with Sims 4 that I rely on mods to fix until that much hoped for day when EA gets around to fixing it themselves. This is another one.

Is that OK? No, it's not. Am I happy about it? No, I'm not. Am I living with it? Yes, I am.

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,155 Member
    edited April 23
    If you look at the history(Sims 3) doubt it. Sims 3 my favorite game only because of all the creative freedom and the game was ahead of it's time, was left a buggy mess. Profit over quality. I am wishing for the best for sims 4. I have invested too.

Track record not so good. 👀
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 461 Member
    They seem incapable to even give us a single reason WHY the shopping card is needed in game though, considering we already pass several links to buying the expansions before getting to that point.

I'd like to see them try and defend this horrible choice. Their silence just shows that they know how wrong it is. They are unable to defend it.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Heya,

I stopped engaging as I don't have any news to share. I'm still in there giving XP as appropriate though, and still reporting on the thread.

Also, every time I posted in that thread it caused a wave of backlash that I would have to start handing out forum suspensions for, which wasn't helping the tone of an already frustrated thread.

Once again, I appreciate all the work you put in to make us feel heard. You and a lot of the Gurus have gone above and beyond to try and help us. I understand that a lot of these things are out of your direct control, so I don't blame you or any of the devs/artists/programmers/etc for the cart.

But if you can tell us anything, can I ask why we haven't gotten any sort of response to the criticism in 2 months? Not even an "I hear you" - though tbh The Sims is in a 🐸🐸🐸🐸-if-you-do-and-🐸🐸🐸🐸-if-you-don't situation with that term now. But still, not a single message. The official accounts just went silent until the brunt of the criticism blew over, then went back to business as usual.

But I understand if discussions on the cart are confidential for the time being, maybe as they look into the research a bit. So I get it if you can't go into more details over this.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,141 Member
    The problems with Sims 4 is the reasons why I take a break from it & play my Sims 3. Also, I found out just yesterday that EA App no longer rejects my Sims 3 Store Contents. :* So, besides owning my beloved Dragon Alley, Midnight Hollow, Roaring Heights, Sunlit Tides, Monte Carlo & Barnacle Bay; I now own Lunar Lakes. :p I so love it, its better than Sims 4 Strangeville; plus it gives an Into the Future vibe. B) However, regardless of the cool worlds, spiral stairs, drums, magic mirror, cars, heartshape bed, actual Fairies & Genies and coloring everyone & everything, I still haven't given up on my Sims 4. With Sims 4 I can so build anything, I have my precious cheat codes to help me with my sims & builds & the occults are way better in Sims 4. :p Furthermore, I so love my Windenburg, Henford, Chestnut Ridge, Glimmerbrook, Moonwood Mill, Copperdale, Sulani Island, Tartosa Island, Mt. Komorebi & Oasis Springs. <3 Regarding poor Strangerville, it should've been more like Lunar Lake. Also poor Brindleton Bay should've been more like Barnacle Bay. :'( As anyone can see, I'm an historical & Sifi futuristic player in my sims games. ;)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 24
    Gordy wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Heya,

Once again, I appreciate all the work you put in to make us feel heard. You and a lot of the Gurus have gone above and beyond to try and help us. I understand that a lot of these things are out of your direct control, so I don't blame you or any of the devs/artists/programmers/etc for the cart.

But if you can tell us anything, can I ask why we haven't gotten any sort of response to the criticism in 2 months? Not even an "I hear you" - though tbh The Sims is in a 🐸🐸🐸🐸-if-you-do-and-🐸🐸🐸🐸-if-you-don't situation with that term now. But still, not a single message. The official accounts just went silent until the brunt of the criticism blew over, then went back to business as usual.

But I understand if discussions on the cart are confidential for the time being, maybe as they look into the research a bit. So I get it if you can't go into more details over this.

I think we need to understand that ea and sims team are probably two separate things.So this might be a higher up situation.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member

I think we need to understand that ea and sims team are probably two separate things.So this might be a higher up situation.
    Oh yeah, bet. I don't want to put the blame on any of the people working on the game since the decision almost certainly came from the higher-ups.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 521 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The problems with Sims 4 is the reasons why I take a break from it & play my Sims 3. Also, I found out just yesterday that EA App no longer rejects my Sims 3 Store Contents.

I’m glad your TS3 Store content is working for you again! I’m hoping mine will all be fine too once I get the invite to make the switch from Origin to the app.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »

Oh yeah, bet. I don't want to put the blame on any of the people working on the game since the decision almost certainly came from the higher-ups.

It probably is .
  • Options
    Dear Ea,we know sims 4 is free and you make revenue on dlcs.But the button does not make me want to buy more.Having it flash,telling me to make my game luxarious.Make me feel upset and patronized.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,994 Member
    edited April 25
    Well apparently this cart button is just misclickable YOU'VE SEEN IT ALL! button in my game now

Yes I have seen it all 🧿🧿
    whatever that means.

still don't see what is the point.
    just let me turn it off.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,729 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Well apparently this cart button is just misclickable YOU'VE SEEN IT ALL! button in my game now

Yes I have seen it all 🧿🧿
    whatever that means.

still don't see what is the point.
    just let me turn it off.

So that's what the shopping cart does if there is nothing new to offer? It tells you that there is nothing new to see?

I'm pretty sure both you and me would have known that without having a button saying that in the game menu.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 722 Member
    If they won't allow us to turn the cart button off completely, then I'm taking note of which packs are being advertised via the cart and never buying them.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I was thinking about getting Crystal Creation while it's for sale, but the mere thought of that cart (I modded it out) just turns me off.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 722 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting Crystal Creation while it's for sale, but the mere thought of that cart (I modded it out) just turns me off.

Maybe they'll care about the negative feedback if they start losing money in sales. I bought Crystal Creations, but so far horse ranch, for rent, modern luxe, party essentials, book nook, poolside splash and basement treasures are on my no buy list.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,023 Member
    My own concern is why does the shopping cart icon pulsate?🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

I understand as a company they want to promote packs and drive revenue. Surely having the cart on the front row is advert enough? It’s in a visible position as it’s next to the gallery button.

I went into a store recently and I had sales assistants in my face as soon as I was in. ‘Looking to buy something?’ It was very uncomfortable so I just left. 😵‍💫
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞