Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Essentials & Urban Homage Kits: Now Available

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited April 11

I wonder is that invisible dance floor I see in party essentials? or then its the fog thing but if its that then whats the machine for

also one of the swatch of headwrap reminds me of ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member

Thank you, it's very nice to see the available swatches, I like more darker colors.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    I'm pretty happy about both kits. I'm getting both. I like the party one better cause it's build but I'm really looking forward to getting the new turban,nose peircing,jewelry and new fingernails. Regarding the party one didn't we get a disco ball in bowling night stuff?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    1980s here I come again. Yipee!! B)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Assuming it’s usable. It’s a kit after all.
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    So many croptops... so very many croptop...

cautiously excited for fog machine, vinyl player and discoball idk if its just the promo images but the discoball seems kind of small though

I would have made it somewhat bigger like irl discoballs tend to be by default so hopefully it sizes up nicely

and opposite thing with fog machine i hope it sizes down and doesn't make too many sounds so I can use it in spooky builds :joy:

That disco ball does seem small. Yes! Sized down fog machine for spooky builds. 🦇

You're not wrong and I'm a fool for hoping it's functional.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm pretty happy about both kits. I'm getting both. I like the party one better cause it's build but I'm really looking forward to getting the new turban,nose peircing,jewelry and new fingernails. Regarding the party one didn't we get a disco ball in bowling night stuff?
    nope

You can view the build mode list here:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/store/addons/the-sims-4-bowling-night-stuff
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited April 12
    I will probably get the party essentials but no interest at all in the Urban homage , It honestly looks Meh to me and i already get all the clothes i need through CC sites
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Am feeling very underwhelmed by both. We have a buggy & broken game, and they spend their resources on those? Could probably blow the doors off both of them with a little time CC hunting.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I can see me getting plenty of use from that smoke machine. Although I wish we could get a bunch of spooky/creepy effects for our game, just like the pond effects. But the smoke machine sized down and hidden inside a bush will do the trick. The retro stereo system and disco ball are also a fun addition.

The city/urban fashion scene just isn't my thing though. In real life, I'm a country girl (so my play style tends to be that way too).... my closets are filled with jeans, t-shirts, steel-toed boots, leather work gloves, and flannel plaid shirts (for those times when I need to dress a bit more formal). My idea of a 'fashion accessory' is some wild turkey droppings stuck to the bottom of my work boots. :D

But I haven't updated or bought anything for my game since the castle kit, I'm still waiting to see if they can make the game more stable again before I take the leap. Maybe by the time they've ironed out most of the big bugs (including the shopping cart pestilence), the party kit will be free?

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    edited April 13
    The smoke machine is not technically new. The effect was already used in Get Together.
    A clear pass for me on both kits.

They'd have me at basic, well done clothing/furniture.

Classy, well fitted jeans and tops. High quality classic formal and casual shoes. A nicely done versatile pair of simple classy high heels. A nice basic fridge with a built in upper cabinet or slots. A simple, classy dining chair + matching table in all sizes. A fresh remesh of the kiddie playground items. A decent, classy desk chair. I could go on for ages.

H&M and Ikea Stuff Packs have been popular for a reason.

The thing is, most kits come with one or two great pieces and the rest is a filler.
    It's not only the Kits. We had to wait for years for a basic telescope and piano. Simple pool slide, anyone?

And bug fixes. Oh well...

(Edited for typos)
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Pass for me on both as I don't buy kits fgenerally, but if they came out with classic classy clothes I would be all in as well.
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I really want the bb kit for the back-lit TV and record player, those are both excellent!☆

I want everything in the bb kit, especially the new jewelry and head wrap and shoes and fairy top and matching jumpsuit and and and... lol everything I guess!♡
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    I can see me getting plenty of use from that smoke machine. Although I wish we could get a bunch of spooky/creepy effects for our game, just like the pond effects. But the smoke machine sized down and hidden inside a bush will do the trick. The retro stereo system and disco ball are also a fun addition.

The bolded bit! We absolutely need a set of creepy fog objects/ effects, small, medium and large, both for water surface and land. I had hoped they’d be part of the Werewolves pre-patch, alas, no such thing happened. Anyways, since we’re on the topic, we could also do with pond bubble effects ( for shallow swamps). The swimming pool bubble and fog devices are too tall. Bubbles in the air is cute ‘n all, but…

I use the sized down foggy grave stones from Spooky Stuff to fog up the place. Not ideal, but I feel they have the best creeping fog.

I do want to see the party smoke machine in action before I make up my mind about it. Effect-wise, I’m not convinced it’s something I don’t already have.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    The thing about classic/basic stuff is that people who wear mostly classic/basic stuff don't have too many different clothing items in their closets.

Like, I know some guys who probably own like 3 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, a sportcoat and a suit, that's it. And the shirts are all basically the same shirt in different colors. If these guys were sims, you could dress them all with the basegame. And if you go to a real-life workplace or event populated by people who dress like that, you do pretty much just see the same shirts and sportcoats over and over again.
    I'm not really sure what a classic/basic kit could offer that we don't already have.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    The thing about classic/basic stuff is that people who wear mostly classic/basic stuff don't have too many different clothing items in their closets.

Like, I know some guys who probably own like 3 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, a sportcoat and a suit, that's it. And the shirts are all basically the same shirt in different colors. If these guys were sims, you could dress them all with the basegame. And if you go to a real-life workplace or event populated by people who dress like that, you do pretty much just see the same shirts and sportcoats over and over again.
    I'm not really sure what a classic/basic kit could offer that we don't already have.

I think classic and basic describe different things. Basic is just that, it gest you dressed, with no frills and it's cheap. Classic is mostly about the style and cut of the clothes and how they fit. It's somewhat conservative so there would be no crop tops or peekaboo dresses. Fabrics would be good quality and patterns would be understated. For male sims we could use some more suit type clothes for everyday use, the kind of clothes that would be suitable for Mortimer Goth, and with lots of swatches. Nothing with glitter, folded sleeves, open chest buttons, or looking like buttons are about to burst, short tight pants, etc. Also, some clothes for down time but not too relaxed, like a pair of pants that covers the ankles and nice shirt or sweater. Also some nice shoes and boots for city use. It seems like all the clothes they give is themed in some way, cargo pants, skinny jeans, jogging pants, peekaboo pants, cowboy boots, hiking boots, etc. Same for female sims, there isn't much choice if you want to dress them in a two piece suit for example for a professional look and there is exactly one pair of classy looking high heel shoe. Most skirts are either too short, or too long, or the waist is too low or colours don't match with the tops and the fabric is all wrong. Some classic or basic styles could go a long way depending on how you accessorize them, like take a simple black dress, if you pair it with pearl earrings and necklace and classy high heel shoe, you can wear it to a church wedding, if you pair it with a choker necklace and the spiky high heel sandals you can wear it to the nightclub. But EA gives us the black dress with sheer cutouts and laces on the sides so you can only wear it to the nightclub.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited April 16
    I think the issue is what is classic/basic/essential to one isn't classic/basic/essential to everyone

for example to me basic could be something like a band shirt but for Nancy Landgraab I doubt thats a wardrobe essential

also don't really like the basic style like white tshirt and jeans way so meh about that

however I would be very into modest kit where every clothing item would protect my vampiric self from the harmful sun rays while looking pretty and not being tied to specific culture
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    I like the idea of a modest kit! Items that are fashionable/creative but still modest.

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,346 EA Community Manager
    Just a small heads up:

We're aware of and investigating the cause behind the thumbnails for these 2 kits not displaying correctly in the EA app, we hope to release a fix for this issue shortly.

While we address this issue, I've included the AWOL thumbnails here :)

Urban Homage:
    lKCdtpp.jpeg

Party Essentials:
    jVRUlDB.jpeg
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    HteslQX.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    So the fog machine is usable but the dancefloor is only usable if you own Get together, otherwise it just produces fog apparently (just saw that in a video).
  • Options
    So the fog machine is usable but the dancefloor is only usable if you own Get together, otherwise it just produces fog apparently (just saw that in a video).

That doesn't sound right. Can you share the video where you saw this?
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    The fog machine is the main draw for me as well, would be great for graveyards, Vampire areas and general ambience, but I still haven't updated my game since the shopping cart and major bug storm. It's okay though, I can make do with the Spooky pack items like I always have. I Kind of like the general "80s party" vibe, but not sure how much I actually need it. The Urban pack has a few cute, unique pieces, but nothing I feel like I need right now, and the rest feels like styles we already have.

Maybe I'll wait until the next bugfix patch, see how things are going then.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

I've seen the video you're referencing; the creator seems to have misunderstood. The Dance Floor in Party Essentials is fully functional without owning any other packs. The confusion may be that some specific types of dances are exclusive to other packs, such as the Cowpoke Dance that comes with The Sims 4 Horse Ranch. That's true for every Dance Floor in the game, regardless of which pack it came from.

With music turned on nearby, Dance Floors provide a specific area for Sims to dance, either alone or together with other Sims. They're all about creating a vibrant space for a party where Sims will naturally congregate. The Dance Floor in Party Essentials is invisible because we wanted players to be able to create a fun party atmosphere that would make sense within a Sims' home. And as you noticed, the Dance Floor in Party Essentials even has something new that the others don't - the ability to also create fog, further enhancing your party atmosphere. (That's in addition to the new, functional Fog Machine that also comes with Party Essentials.)

Hope that helps clear things up - enjoy the Kit!

I was gonna say all that too 😤