Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Henford - Chapter 22: Fruitless, Part I - Updated 01/05

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,754 Member
    @Lucy_Henley
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do about that one ๐Ÿ˜… I don't think I'd want to do a modern spinoff - having those ye-oly-times character in a modern setting would change their personality too much to be the same people anymore. Fingers crossed that the roiling sea of corrupted... everything... xD can be tamed long enough to finish it somehow.

You do! I love Agnes hitting people with that bag so much. There's even a mod out there that lets everyone hit other people with her bag ๐Ÿ˜†

@GlacierSnow Thank you!

@Oolonglong Hello there! Thank you for coming out of lurking for me, I love hearing that people enjoy reading it ๐Ÿฅฐ
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Options
    edited April 3
    I did not think that I'd be back here this quickly, but here we are! Life's full of surprises and all. Speaking of which, let's go take a look at the life of one of Henford's other characters, shall we?

Bonus - A Day in the Life of a Baker ๐Ÿž๐Ÿฅ

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,979 Member
    edited April 3
    Oh!!!! Again I forget to press send for my comment , so so sorry <3 Now editing what I wrote
    First of all. so sorry about your saves, lets hope there will be solution :'(

About last episode, made me cry too. But it was the ending I hoped the Watson thing got <3
    Agnes hilarious at background :p

Bonus part was hilarious, I know myself how delicious things Simon makes :smiley: Did you heard last weeks gossip??? Agatha told she was going to try again to pair Kip, this time with..... *blablablabla* :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,973 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    Fair enough about the modern version thing. You're right in that there's too much that would be different! Even the names would be considered a little odd. Arthur would work as it's pretty popular here in the UK. Morgana would be more unusual but I can definitely see it being used by some people. But names like Uther and Agravaine would definitely be regarded as weird!

Ah, poor Simon. Hopefully those tabs do get sorted out at some point!
  • Options
    edited April 10
    @Ellupelluellu No worries! I forget things all the time, too ๐Ÿ˜„
    Agnes being a grumpycat with a heart of gold ๐Ÿฅฐ haha, I bet that that's exactly what Agatha was talking about! Who is she going to be setting up for a date next, I wonder?

@Lucy_Henley
    Parents choosing a name like Morgana must have a lot of confidence. Agravaine in the real world would be hilarious! If nothing else, you'd be sure to remember him ๐Ÿ˜‚
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Hi, all ๐Ÿ™‚ it feels a bit like the end of an era here; the forums seem to have slowed down considerably, haven't they?

Also, two weeks left until a big vacation! Woo! In the meantime:

Chapter 21 - A Home in Henford
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,979 Member
    YAY for vacation!
    Oh, I enjoyed to read and see Kips enjoyment.. I still think with Agatha that Celia would be good for Kip.. maybe...:p

Oh, worried about Sarah :(
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    jazzyrocksoul88jazzyrocksoul88 Posts: 72 Member
    Great Chapter!
    Celia and Kip are super cute together! Also in suspense over what's upset Sara so much!
    Be sure to check out my rendition of a Spirit Animal Legacy/Traditional Legacy Challenge Combo!
    33%20Precious%20Saraste%20and%20Ame%20Pic_zpszjgpsupi.png

The Saraste Tales Legacy Intro
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,926 Member
    Loved it :) I enjoy how we get to know the various villagers through Kip's eyes!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,367 Member
    New chapter!

Kip's new house looks absolutely adorable from the outside. And he seems so happy despite all the work that's needed for the inside. I'm sure he'll gradually get it fixed up.

Kip is adorable too. He's really settling into this village well.

I sense something of an attraction (maybe only on his side) toward Cecelia. Can't tell yet if it goes the other way or not. That look that Rashida gives them while they're talking. :lol: She knows.

This chapter is a heartwarming break after the intensity of the last arc. But the ending is definitely ominous. I suspect it has to do with Sarah and Simon's desire for a family. Looks like things may have taken a very disappointing and painful turn for them. If that's the case, it doesn't feel like something Kip can fix, other than to just be a good friend. But then, I wasn't sure he could really do anything to help the Watsons either, and I was definitely wrong about that.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu I am very excited ๐Ÿ˜I haven't had a real, proper vacation since 2017, so it's triple the fun!
    Celia and Kip do look like they'd work well together, don't they? Who knows! I may happen yet... ๐Ÿ˜„

@jazzyrocksoul88 Thank you!
    They are - and we'll find out what's bothering those two very soon!

@mightysprite I really like how the villagers in Henford have errands to do that shows their personality. It's just little text blurbs, but they add so much compared to "normal" townies in other neighbourhoods. Made it so much more fun to explore the town.

@GlacierSnow
    Haha, Rashida can tell what's going on there ๐Ÿคญ it's not as much of a roller coaster as Camelot, but it does come with plenty of twists and turns. We'll find out what's going on it the Scott household very soon, for better or worse. Fingers crossed that they, too, can find a happy ending...
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Last one before I go on holiday, and possibly the last one for Henford on these forums, ever ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Chapter 22: Fruitless, Part I

Thank you all for sticking with Kip and I on these chicken-themed country roads! ๐Ÿ” It's been a lot of fun ๐Ÿ˜„ I'll stay on WordPress either way, but I haven't made up my mind yet about migrating to the new forums. In any case, if you want to stay in touch outside of these forums, feel free to look me up on discord! Name under the spoiler ๐Ÿ˜Š
    doomdecahedron
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,973 Member
    Nice name! Iโ€™m still Lucy Henley haha. Canโ€™t remember exactly how its formatted i.e. if thereโ€™s an underscore or not.
    Enjoy your holiday!!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,926 Member
    I enjoy your story very much! I hope you decide to continue at some point, on some platform <3