Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird questions; about residential rentals (and globetrotters..)

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
So, first weird question. Can a starter style Sim who has moved into a regular residential property choose to begin renting out their property and then/instead move into a rental in another world?

I want to do globetrotter with my new Sim.

Another strange one. Do residential rentals have to have multiple units on the same lot or can Sims rent a property solo, like real life?

More peculiar musings. Do you reckon I can start a globetrotter challenge in an alternate season (like mid-spring) or should I wait until it changes to summer?

But wait, there’s more.
Is there still a way to use MCCC to stop my Sim turning on the stereo all the time?

Does making forgeries for freelancer artists ever have dire consequences? (or is the dodgy wording in the advertisements all for entertainment)

Why do the dang laundry machines (and the plumbing) keep breaking so often?!
and yet the “explosion” of the oven which is supposed to be caused by maintenance issues lot trait doesn’t actually successfully occur…. So it can’t be fixed :s

Post edited by NRowe on

Comments

• Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 165 Member
    You can use MCCC tuner to stop autonomous actions, I think it could work on Sims putting stereos on, too.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    I haven't played much with the residential rental system, but it seems like it could be possible by just making every room on the lot belong to the one unit.

I'm assuming you mean having a rental house instead of apartment units.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
    I haven't played much with the residential rental system, but it seems like it could be possible by just making every room on the lot belong to the one unit.

I'm assuming you mean having a rental house instead of apartment units.

Yes, I am talking residential rental, the new lot type, not the old apartments. Cheers
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    If I understand questions correctly, my answers would be:

Yes, you can turn your residential lot your sim is living in into residential rental (making your sim the owner) and move your sim to another world.

Residential rentals can have only 1 unit, as long as the unit is defined. You can also exceed the limit using it, but other than that, it will still count towards the limit by 1.

Start the challenge whenever you feel like.

Don't know anything about MCCC unfortunately...

Loss of reputation, that's all I know.

If maintenance events become too much, you can always turn it off through Pack Options.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    I haven't played as landlord, so I don't know much about owning rentals, but from what I have understood you need to buy a property as a rental residential while living on another lot, but can then move there and make one unit an owner unit. You can definitely own a rental property and live elsewhere, even other rentals.

You can make a house into one single rental unit without problem.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!