Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    XML Injector, i did download that recently for a custom career that i downloaded for my sim self to join. Could that explain why some other CC objects don't appear through this households window when played as another household?

No, it does not. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 27
    Without trying to spoil to much of Brian's renovations. As you can see behind the pictures of the sofa i posted there are three graduation photo's on the sideboard. When trying to peek through the windows, you can only see one graduation picture on the sideboard:
    qRRbW0W.png
    rBQXKYr.png

I thought you should be able to see everything through the windows?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    XML Injector, i did download that recently for a custom career that i downloaded for my sim self to join. Could that explain why some other CC objects don't appear through this households window when played as another household?

No, it does not. :)

@Brd709 I don't think that mod effects objects. It is usually in game play mods with interactions and systems like little ms sam, or the royalty mod was the first time I was introduced to it.
    Custom Content not appearing through windows may be something else. I know custom content disappearing when placed in build buy is a common bug.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    @Brd709 Have you checked the drivers on your video card?

This is coming to you from a hotel room in W. Des Moine, Iowa!

@GalacticGal I'm not sure, I have a NVidia 3060 RTX graphics card from 2021 so it's in-date. Graphics are on high and set in to laptop mode as i play on a gaming laptop. When i loaded back on to this lot carrying on from last night, the sofa looked how it's supposed to look in image two.

Try turning off laptop mode, some CC does not play well with it. I never use it, and I'm on a gaming laptop too.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    @Brd709 Have you checked the drivers on your video card?

This is coming to you from a hotel room in W. Des Moine, Iowa!

@GalacticGal I'm not sure, I have a NVidia 3060 RTX graphics card from 2021 so it's in-date. Graphics are on high and set in to laptop mode as i play on a gaming laptop. When i loaded back on to this lot carrying on from last night, the sofa looked how it's supposed to look in image two.

Try turning off laptop mode, some CC does not play well with it. I never use it, and I'm on a gaming laptop too.

@WildIrishBanshee So i did a test and took off Laptop Mode and the CC sofa's in Brian's house displayed as they should. I put Laptop Mode back on and the sofa's are back to showing as they are in picture 1. Taking off Laptop Mode boosted my CPU temp back up to 87 Degrees Celsius. With Laptop Mode on, my CPU temp hangs around 75 Degrees Celsius.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited February 29
    Right now I'm just making Sims and sharing them to the gallery. I'm not actually playing any of them right now. But as you might see, I'm giving every Sim I make a backstory to follow, and they are all very different from each other. I have a save file for all these Sims so I'm playing 7 save files at once but since they are all vastly different, it keeps me interested in playing, since I tend to bore easily with the same gameplay.

So let me share my Sims I made so far

Single Sports Nut (Kayjae Bowland and Tayo)
    qpymjIU.png
    4jmdrXL.png

Opposites Attract (Alexis Montgomery and Keyvon Hartwell)
    TCQ7306.png
    rDk9eig.png

Supernatural Girls Band (Justina Adams, Elizabeth Wayland, Addison Owens, Karmen Harrisburg and Question)
    HaIYlYB.png
    m5SKJIz.png

Double Trouble (Gissane and Giselle Raymonds)
    zm3t9a6.png
    rbJ9Izx.png

The Multitalented Orphan (Sabrina DeWitt)
    0x7bPn5.png
    eAcndIs.png

The Devil in Disguise (Lola De'Angelo)
    Fq791yE.png
    GtNaaUG.png

The Close Knit Family (Monique Lawson, Grammie Lawson, Trey Lawson, Landon Erwin and Totoro)
    q5ejRsS.png
    myrXKp6.png
  • Options
    edited March 1
    OMG I just deleted Vlad from my game. So he showed up trying to bite my Sims' neck. It's an annoying action that can't be cancelled. Well I brought up MCCC and was about to kill him via permanent deleting him but changed my mind and decided to remove the fainted moodlet my Sim would have gotten via the bite. Well I must have clicked something wrong because next thing I knew Vlad disappeared and I got a notification that he was permanently deleted from my game. I don't know if he was perma deleted from just THIS save or my entire game. I mean, is he gone forever? He won't be missed by me because the vampires are really annoying but still I don't like the fact that I accidently a Sim with no way to get them back.

OH geez and then it got my game stuck because even though he was deleted the vampire breaking in event prevented me from doing anything like going into build buy mode and saving. I would uninstall the vampire pack but that would screw up my Supernatural Girls save. So I guess I'll just have to go back to a previous save and make it where the vampires can't come into the house.

Annoying but very minor inconvenience. *sighs*
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    OMG I just deleted Vlad from my game. So he showed up trying to bite my Sims' neck. It's an annoying action that can't be cancelled. Well I brought up MCCC and was about to kill him via permanent deleting him but changed my mind and decided to remove the fainted moodlet my Sim would have gotten via the bite. Well I must have clicked something wrong because next thing I knew Vlad disappeared and I got a notification that he was permanently deleted from my game. I don't know if he was perma deleted from just THIS save or my entire game. I mean, is he gone forever? He won't be missed by me because the vampires are really annoying but still I don't like the fact that I accidently a Sim with no way to get them back.

He should only be gone in that save. Double check another save though.
  • Options
    edited March 1

I logged onto my Single Sim save and he was there (I got the notification from him about how my Sim's neck looks delicious or something I don't pay attention, but he didn't actually show up in person so I'll assume he's in that save) so it was just the save I deleted him from. Thanks for letting me know. I don't particularly like Vlad but I don't want him gone from my entire game. XD
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member

I logged onto my Single Sim save and he was there (I got the notification from him about how my Sim's neck looks delicious or something I don't pay attention, but he didn't actually show up in person so I'll assume he's in that save) so it was just the save I deleted him from. Thanks for letting me know. I don't particularly like Vlad but I don't want him gone from my entire game. XD

You're welcome.🙂 I don't play Vlad very often, practically never really, but I have fun wondering where he'll show up next and what job he might be doing when I see him. He's usually a bartender in my game but my favorite was when I spotted him working at a spa as a yoga instructor.
  • Options
    edited March 1
    Does the game cull household inventories? My sim self had a rather large inventory up until recently and now half of it is missing. He's lived in the same house for 22 sim years and i've never touched the household inventory, unless to get out an extra bed for a stayover etc.

When i went to a previous save all of his belongings are still in the household inventory untouched but in my current save, half of the inventory is not there now. I've never deleted anything from his household inventory.

Also, how many sim days do cowplants produce cake and will a sim who has already been eaten and spat out once go the cake autonomously if cake is there?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Does the game cull household inventories? My sim self had a rather large inventory up until recently and now half of it is missing. He's lived in the same house for 22 sim years and i've never touched the household inventory, unless to get out an extra bed for a stayover etc.

When i went to a previous save all of his belongings are still in the household inventory untouched but in my current save, half of the inventory is not there now. I've never deleted anything from his household inventory.

Also, how many sim days do cowplants produce cake and will a sim who has already been eaten and spat out once go the cake autonomously if cake is there?

I’ve never lost any household items, but there used to be a bug where personal inventory would disappear after traveling. I don’t think the game culls.

Cowplants have to be fed every 12 sim hours. If they don’t get fed, the cake lure appears. If they’re ignored for another 24 hours, they die. If you’re playing a different household, the Cowplant’s needs don’t decay, so they can go for a while without attention. In my experience, yes. Sims will fall for the cake, especially when they’re hungry.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »

I’ve never lost any household items, but there used to be a bug where personal inventory would disappear after traveling. I don’t think the game culls.

Cowplants have to be fed every 12 sim hours. If they don’t get fed, the cake lure appears. If they’re ignored for another 24 hours, they die. If you’re playing a different household, the Cowplant’s needs don’t decay, so they can go for a while without attention. In my experience, yes. Sims will fall for the cake, especially when they’re hungry.

@cyncie Thank you! I'll have to make the timings right then. I don't want to kill any sims but should there be cake and they're hungry during the two day drained period, it'll be their own fault. ;)

I'm also looking for a square dining table like this:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-diningroom/title/film-noir-dining/id/1617066/

I downloaded this one but when setting it, the plates don't animate properly and appear upright instead of flat on the table. Can anyone link me to some similar tables like this. It has to be a large square table as i'm re-creating a space and i like my re-creations to be accurate as possible.
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Does anyone know how i can get the foundation looking seamless with the wall texture? As you can see i've made a foundation texture from the wall texture but the bricks on the foundation appear smaller in size:

vxqohOz.png
  • Options
    Game is calling people out now. XD

lhV0XdP.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Game is calling people out now. XD

lhV0XdP.png

I got one of those once quite some time ago. I actually blamed the mod I'd used for calling me out. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Does anyone know how i can replicate roof from this house? I've got it sort of right but i cannot place windows on the front:
    8746_31466171_IMG_00_0000.jpeg
    Uu4jerN.png

• Options
    Try a slightly smaller window. Could be the height is what's the problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I did try a smaller window still couldn't work it out. The roof is shown from top down like it's a 4 x1 room and i can't delete the other walls attached to the roof. I'm using a half gabled roof.
  • Options
    I had to restart my Opposites Attract save (don't ask, something went wrong) and I'm just going to use the MCCC to cheat the Communications degree like Alexis had in my last save. I don't feel like doing university all over again. Takes way too long.

I usually don't like using cheats to do stuff like degrees and promotions but sometimes gotta do what you gotta do.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @Brd709 Try making a proper room on the 2nd floor, not just a roof piece.
    One half gabled roof would then go on top of the 1st floor, above where the door is.
    A gabled roof would go on top of the 2nd floor. Adjust the roof angles of these two pieces so the edge of the gabled roof is connected to the edge of the half gabled roof.
    That should enable you to place a window where you want it, since it will now be a room. You might need a taller wall height on the 2nd floor room if you really want the window up that high. Bonus, you'd get to have something closer to the original shape of the roof.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    example
    03-14-24-8-51-58-PM.png

03-14-24-8-51-43-PM.png

• Options
    @mightysprite Thank you! I will give this a try later on.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I did try a smaller window still couldn't work it out. The roof is shown from top down like it's a 4 x1 room and i can't delete the other walls attached to the roof. I'm using a half gabled roof.

I trust there is nothing on the other side of the wall. I, too, have had issues placing a few windows. In my latest build, it's a castle-style manor, but the trim won't allow me to place the narrow windows that came with the Kit. Growl, growl, grumble, grumble. And sometimes, a pesky light fixture on the inside wall can be a problem. . . I hope you are able to resolve the issue. Some use MOO for such things. Sorry I couldn't help.
  • Options
    I had to restart my Opposites Attract save (don't ask, something went wrong) and I'm just going to use the MCCC to cheat the Communications degree like Alexis had in my last save. I don't feel like doing university all over again. Takes way too long.

I usually don't like using cheats to do stuff like degrees and promotions but sometimes gotta do what you gotta do.

You may wish to place your family into your My Library, too. They keep their jobs and their degrees, just nothing in the personal inventory. Put those into a small room and place that room, in the library, too. Trust me, I learned the hard way. I am formally the Queen of Restarts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top