Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have the cart button ingame? πŸ›’πŸ’’

Β«134

It seems not all of us got 'blessed' with that cart button πŸ›’πŸ’’
Do you have it ingame?

This poll is anonymous. No one will see what you voted for πŸ•΅
f37a25d03597e4f9cbf97c49ccbab1524b13a208.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Do you have the cart button ingame? πŸ›’πŸ’’ 129 votes

πŸ›’βœ… Button is there and I already own MORE than 50% of all the packs! 😑
58% 76 votes
πŸ›’βœ… Button is there and I own LESS than 50% of all the packs
1% 2 votes
πŸ›’βŒ Button is NOT there and I own MORE than 50% of all the packs
37% 48 votes
πŸ›’βŒ Button is NOT there and I own LESS than 50% of all the packs! 😜
2% 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Option 1. The button has no animation. When I click it, nothing happens and it says "You have already seen everything".
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    Button was on mine, didn't pulse though.
    I've resorted to using the mod that hides it - shouldn't have to use a mod but that's how much I HATE it.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 1
    Although to be fair, I do not have it anymore thanks to TwistedMexi's update to better buildbuy. I love modders of this game!
    Mods are not the answer. At the very least EA should provide a toggle to turn off the darn thing; console players or pc/mac users that are anxious about installing mods have no way to get rid of this absolute rubbish.

You are, of course, right. Mods aren't the answer. The offensive thing should never have been introduced in the first place. But now that it is, I refuse to play without a mod that removes i.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I have the button. The light (as well as the pulse before) is very inconsistent. I have started the game and there was no light at all. But on the next game start there was (the blinking light similar to the one on the in-game calendar). I can't see a pattern as to when there is a light and when there isn't.

I will get the mod to hide it eventually. But right now I don't feel like playing at all, but am rather comtemplating whether it wouldn't be better for me to get a creative hobby that isn't dependent on a big and greedy company... :s
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Option 1. The button has no animation. When I click it, nothing happens and it says "You have already seen everything".

They should have it saying " You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet". :D And I have no button and I have all but a few kits.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have the button, but mine is broken I guess. It’s there, but doesn’t blink/pulse or have the yellow light. It also says I own everything, but I don’t have 3 of the kits or the new SP. I’m still really annoyed by it, so I’m using TwistedMexi’s mod to get rid of it as well.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't have it... yet, maybe it is some kind of split test run?

I would obviously download the mod if it did show, but this has to be a big slap in the face for people who want to play an un-modded game, you know, how it was intended.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I got no idea. I put TwistedMexi’s mod in before I even launched the game. I get migraines from visual stimuli, and I wasn’t going to take a risk with that button. I wanted to go ahead and get the crystal pack, because I was concerned that poor sales and poor enthusiasm would reflect on upcoming occult content. I don’t want EA to think that there’s no interest in this type of game because their freaking shopping cart killed the momentum for this pack.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Option 5: No idea.

I don't want to update the game until this button issue has been properly adressed. In my opinion, no one should have it. It's an agressive marketing strategy and it doesn't belong in ANYONE's game, because it has nothing to do with the actual gameplay itself and it cannot be turned off.
    Any cart displayed in-game should be one that relates to GAMEPLAY, for example a sim owning a store (GTW). It should have zero to do with advertising DLC. They should keep the EA store front outside of gameplay mode, that's what the welcome page is being used for already. Once we're IN the game, we're IN the game. No need for obnoxious little reminders about additonal packs etc.

Mods are not the answer. At the very least EA should provide a toggle to turn off the darn thing; console players or pc/mac users that are anxious about installing mods have no way to get rid of this absolute rubbish.

Same & I agree with everything you said.

I have not updated & I will just continue as is & play in offline mode until EA/Maxis removes the button.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    Yes, I do and today it also made some annoying animations. When clicking on it, it also said that I have seen everything, so I don't even understand it being pulsating or glowing in green (the whole button, not just a small light like with the calendars, which is also not my cup of tea...)
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited March 1
    These are the results so far.
    Did they choose all those who already buy a lot, blessed 2/3 with that button and 1/3 not to see if they buy even more with that button?
    Or to check who of them buys the new pack with that button?
    And all those who never spent a penny on that game get away?
    I hope this changes with more votes, oh my.
    36d50a09fedb82d86cf6065177751f9260c45041.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I think that who does and doesn't have it is related to location or something, not how many packs we have.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 1
    Interesting, turns out Cart Button did not appear in my game (yet)
    I have over 50% I think for packs
    EP/GP all except For Rent
    14 SP
    5 kits
    I really wish they hear the complaints and it never makes it into my game at all though
    it would just make me unneededly Greg and it would be torturous for everyone
    I mean look at how upset I am already about it being in other peoples games

I was really considering if I should just not update my game ever again seeing that pulsating disco button
    but I updated after E-patch since I needed gallery access :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I didn't get the button in my game, thankfully.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited March 1
    I haven't updated yet, wasn't really interested in the Crystal pack so didn't feel the need to right now.

Then when I read about the obnoxious button and their description ...."Obnoxious Cart Button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes" I knew that was a bunch of baloney ..... we all know you can't install anything without restarting, so how is that "not leaving the comfort of your game?"

THEN .....

When I saw people talking about the pulsing light, that was my cue to 100% not update.

I can't risk that. I have enough stuff in RL that triggers migraines, I don't need more from a game that I've spent close to $1K RL money on.

I'll just play offline and if i want to download anything, I'll search The Gallery from my PC and add the files into my Tray Folder manually.

I'm not sure if I'll purchase anything else for the game or not. It would have to be super interesting to me for that to happen and since being able to build apartments was my #1 want/wish .... and we all know how that turned out! I won't be impulsively buying anything until I read what others have said, so no need to update.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Option 5. I think this is the first time ever that I didn't install a patch.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    I never saw it. Not sure if it was ever there because my UI was glitched at first. Then TMex updated Better Build/Buy, and the new mod update removes the cart button altogether. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ ...
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited March 2
    Yes, I have it. It's unnecessary, in the way and intrusive. You can access the buy game packs option when you open the launcher so you do not need it in the live game. It is also big and in the way where it will be clicked by accident when you're switching to live mode, manage worlds or gallery. I'd like it to be removed.

I also got a...I guess it's the tutorial in the form of goals/reward type of deal but I found that to be a bit much as it overlapped and piled on top of events already taking place like the welcome wagon or geekcon.
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I have it. Sometimes out of interest I click on it to see what it suggests to me. At first it suggested Book Nook kit, but now it says "you've seen it all".

Still don't like that not only it is such a large button next to the Gallery button, but also that it can't be turned off. I've tried, I failed. The worlds from unowned packs will not show if online features are disabled, but not the cart.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    What I get from this poll is that pretty much everyone voting has at least 50% of the packs. I don’t know if that’s representative of most people using the TS4 area of this forum. There must be lots of simmers out there who don’t have at least 50% of the packs, but I don’t know where they are as they’re not voting here (or just haven’t voted yet?).
  • Options
    edited March 2
    @FreddyFox1234 I think they took all those who already buy a lot, divided them. 1\2 get that button and they look if they use it to buy the new pack. The other half doesn't get that button as a control group or sth like that.
    I don't know what to think of that. We, who already paid hundreds/thousands get 'blessed' with that button as guinea pigs for Project Rene?
    Or they know we already buy a lot and try to find ways to milk us even more ^^
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    @Lenny_Ogg The poll doesn’t provide any info at all about those who’ve bought less than 50% of the packs (OK, 1 person), so we can’t draw any conclusions about EA targeting those who’ve spent lots of money vs less money β€” there just isn’t the info here to draw that conclusion.

If more people who’ve bought less than 50% of the packs vote, then we could draw conclusions.
  • Options
    @FreddyFox1234 true. That's strange.
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 794 Member
    Finally I had some time to test it again after the hotfix.

I do have the cart button, when I enter the save and load the map I usually get a text label just below it with sentences like "Cash in and enrich your neighbourhood" or "Do you want to breed animals?" (sometimes the wording is a bit off also in my language), sometimes this happens at the same time as the little blinking light, sometimes not. In live mode, I have a blinking light that looks the same as the calendar one that keeps blinking until I open the ad once, then usually it doesn't show up again unless I restart the game.

Also, my test included a lot of restartings because I'm also getting the bug that makes the game crash if you touch the inventory and there are multiple speelcasters' brooms stacked in there, how lucky is that? (*sarcasm*)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*