Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims ever go to the Theme Park on the Boardwalk?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
In the High School pack there is a neighborhood with a Boardwalk and a small Amusement Park. I have only ever had sims go there after prom and it is always at night and bad weather so there are never any other sims hanging there. I got to wondering if it is just a problem with the game or something else that other sims never seem to be on those lots. I recently upgraded my computer a great deal so it shouldn't be a problem for my lots to handle lots of sims but it still seems like I rarely see sims in the community lots. I was wondering if you went there in the summer and the daytime would there be more sims riding the rides?

Comments

• Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 29 Member
    When I would take my sim there no-one was on the rides. They were either playing chess or the guitar. Hardly any sims there in any season, I think it's the game or the pack itself.
  • Options
    GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    In the High School pack there is a neighborhood with a Boardwalk and a small Amusement Park. I have only ever had sims go there after prom and it is always at night and bad weather so there are never any other sims hanging there. I got to wondering if it is just a problem with the game or something else that other sims never seem to be on those lots. I recently upgraded my computer a great deal so it shouldn't be a problem for my lots to handle lots of sims but it still seems like I rarely see sims in the community lots. I was wondering if you went there in the summer and the daytime would there be more sims riding the rides?

I only ever see one or two people there.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited February 3
    We visited a few times, also during the day and we barely met other sims there.
    7c5e1a42b9ea6d207e1674b11eb049465e23fa78.jpg

Not even our turtle spy could spot anyone there... 🐢
    a73ead11a350f5ef3d1a4b2cd381106a6c0e1d25.pnj

Maybe it's supposed to be melancholic and creepy?
    fd49754f6f25ae07af3102daa152962f88bbf607.jpg

Since it also rains all the time in Copperdale ^^'
    60f27e9c9f628a29983ab12c64a9b355ed7a6931.jpg

Jeb family lives nearby and we often passed by. I think it's just the vibe of this place. Maybe there even lurks something?
    cbaff9b8f7b669573553ce93bbf88c34d6981228.jpg

For example Genji from the sweets stand. He was stalking Ji Ho after he bit him ö.Ö'
    058b9cf09135bfae0e6799b71173d24fef158acb.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 3
    Those are awesome shots. Yes, it might be a mystery. some serial killer hiding under the planks, maybe? I can see EA doesn't want to make the game too hard for low end computers to run but surely they could have a component in the game that could evaluate your system and then accordingly put in the appropriate amount of NPCs. I can remember how the earlier Sims game dealt with this. Sims 1 you would have lOTS of NPCs all over the place. It continued in Sims 2. I think they started cutting back in Sims 3 Now it is almost always a ghost town with only decorative things moving around in the background that you can't interact with like planes and trains and automobiles.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    It is odd. I don't understand the choices of how many NPCs to have wandering around in different locations. San Myshuno is always full of NPCs walking around (and with different populations at night!) so I know it's not my computer, nor is it the ability of the game to populate worlds, but my Copperdale pier is always deserted too.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 11
    Yeah, sometimes i don’t see anyone on the pier or in town in Copperdale. I moved someone to Copperdale with his horse. When I take someone to the amusrment park usually invite the sims family or friends, when not on a horse. I have noticed people walking by the house sometimes though, but not real often.

I too wish there were a few more sims around the amusement park and town. Maybe they spent most of their time making sure sims would show up to school. If you have Get together invite a club over and see if that works.

I think there should have been a small lot right inside the amusement park to draw people to the area.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    maybe one day we'll get a drop down like that one that says 80 to unlimited for favorites or whatever but for the walkbys and such, if I go there it's usually with a group so at least someone is there. Nice area, creepy or otherwise, though.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think it has a lot to do with time of day, and also partly with how the attractions are coded. The fun houses and the wheel are rabbit holes, so whatever sims show up to use them will disappear inside them. Then the other attractions, the ice cream stand , food and boba stands have working hours, so if the NPCs are not available, they won't attract any sims. Maybe they should have coded this area as a sort of daily festival area so it attracts more sims and stays populated between 10 am to 02 am.

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    The only time I took a sim there, and there was nobody there...total crickets. Like the night market in Tomarang. The sim I took was a little upset that I made her get in the photo booth. That's the only time I ever saw a sign like, "Don't ever make me go somewhere I don't want to go." :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I was super disappointed by the pier... Not only are there almost no Sims but also no one is watching if you use the stage to play music. You can go to a park, start playing and people will listen and donate, but if you're on the proper stage no one cares... :(
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Not enough. I wanted to take the kids in children stage but not sure if I can remember if they can get on the rides or not.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think it's a little strange that it's not on its own lot. I think that would cause it to populate normally. I will admit that I've always been sending groups there so I haven't really noticed. I have usually been focused on my playable sims, either families or teen friend groups or dates. I think I've noticed people during the day but not really at night. I guess it could be creepy but I see it more as a retro fair from any decade in the last 50-60 years. I am still exploring that world but I didn't find the carnival to be that creepy, more like fun at all hours.

I really have not explored the town part of Copperdale hardly at all but I did install a boarding school of teens at Golden Peak so I am sure they will go all over. They do tend to go in big groups and entertain themselves.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    mummum601mummum601 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think the problem is that it is not on a lot so there is no “spawn point”, npcs have to wander in from the park. It’s the same with the splash park in San Sequoia, nearest community lot is the (completely pointless lot type) rec centre.
    My sims never even go to the splash park, by the time you have managed to walk around the lake carrying a toddler or stopping to load/unload an infant from the carrier every 5 seconds it’s time to go home!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Not, really. There are some sims that will spawn that will walk past it, and there will also sometimes be some sims that will walk down to the chess board but since it takes so long for them to get there they tend to just sit at the chess board for like a minute and then they leave.

The event that you get after prom spawns whatever sims you chose to go with in front of the pier but no one does anything, they stand in front of the pier for a short while, cheering at whoever won the prizes and then they leave.

Our teen sims deserved better.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    mummum601 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that it is not on a lot so there is no “spawn point”, npcs have to wander in from the park. It’s the same with the splash park in San Sequoia, nearest community lot is the (completely pointless lot type) rec centre.
    My sims never even go to the splash park, by the time you have managed to walk around the lake carrying a toddler or stopping to load/unload an infant from the carrier every 5 seconds it’s time to go home!

This is exactly the problem with these pseudo lots. They don’t function like true lots since they have no specific attributes assigned to them, which includes spawning directly onto the lot. I believe there’s a spawn point behind the amusement park, but usually this is where sims leave the world, not enter it. I could be wrong about this though.

I still believe it’s a poor design choice- ideally the amusement park should be a true lot with non- rabbithole gameplay items. Ofcourse a game dev’s argument would be that the world is no longer “open” if we treat the “lot” this way, well my argument would be that they should forget about the “park” lot and make that one part of the open neighborhood so that all teens or whoever is interested in going on a wild ride actually spawn on the amusement park lot type, go on rides and drink bubbly teas.

The boardwalk area does feel deserted, the best we can do is create clubs and invite everyone over. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I've not spent much tim there yet, been busy costumizing the world. But, I did testplay the Totter Park(?) near by, by adding a few sales stands and activities for my sims to have more to do. I think the park will be my natural arriving point. When testplaying, the park has been quite busy and most NPCs have walked over to the funfair location. I never checked what those sims were up to afterwards though. Maybe this all depends on what lot is your starting point? A park will often generate lots of sims. If your arrival point is a residential lot, perhaps the hood's NPC crowd gets smaller?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

This is exactly the problem with these pseudo lots. They don’t function like true lots since they have no specific attributes assigned to them, which includes spawning directly onto the lot. I believe there’s a spawn point behind the amusement park, but usually this is where sims leave the world, not enter it. I could be wrong about this though.

I still believe it’s a poor design choice- ideally the amusement park should be a true lot with non- rabbithole gameplay items. Ofcourse a game dev’s argument would be that the world is no longer “open” if we treat the “lot” this way, well my argument would be that they should forget about the “park” lot and make that one part of the open neighborhood so that all teens or whoever is interested in going on a wild ride actually spawn on the amusement park lot type, go on rides and drink bubbly teas.

The boardwalk area does feel deserted, the best we can do is create clubs and invite everyone over. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good grief, yes.

Or, at the very least, the park - or some lot - should be much closer to these faux lots so that sims aren't walking for an in-game hour just to get to the pier. I mean, I like having more to do in a world. I don't like having to use the Teleport cheat to get my sims over to that part of the world in a timely fashion.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 11
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Good grief, yes.

Or, at the very least, the park - or some lot - should be much closer to these faux lots so that sims aren't walking for an in-game hour just to get to the pier. I mean, I like having more to do in a world. I don't like having to use the Teleport cheat to get my sims over to that part of the world in a timely fashion.

Yes they should have had a lot either in or right next to the amusement park. They should have set it up like they did City living, I don’t know why they didn’t. It was a big over sight.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I wish the rides were available as club activities so I could assign a club to that park as a hangout and at least those sims would show up and use the rides.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

The same is true of the Splash Pad in the San Fran world. I forgot the name of it.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    edited February 20
    It is odd. I don't understand the choices of how many NPCs to have wandering around in different locations. San Myshuno is always full of NPCs walking around (and with different populations at night!) so I know it's not my computer, nor is it the ability of the game to populate worlds, but my Copperdale pier is always deserted too.

It feels like it's something that's attached to certain worlds, the newer ones. Without MCCC and the boosted max sims on lot a lot of the new ones are ghost towns. A while back when I had Liberty explore Tomarang I barely saw another sim. It was like something out of a sci-fi movie and she was the last woman on earth. I don't have any trouble at all drawing crowds without MCCC in places like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Windenburg. Even Forgotten Hollow had a steady flow of sims passing through the square.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    In the High School pack there is a neighborhood with a Boardwalk and a small Amusement Park. I have only ever had sims go there after prom and it is always at night and bad weather so there are never any other sims hanging there. I got to wondering if it is just a problem with the game or something else that other sims never seem to be on those lots.

I only had sims go there after prom, too. Perhaps playing some of the households in that world woould help.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have visited that place maybe twice. Not worth it. The promenade deck of RMS Titanic has more traffic.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

It feels like it's something that's attached to certain worlds, the newer ones. Without MCCC and the boosted max sims on lot a lot of the new ones are ghost towns. A while back when I had Liberty explore Tomarang I barely saw another sim. It was like something out of a sci-fi movie and she was the last woman on earth. I don't have any trouble at all drawing crowds without MCCC in places like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Windenburg. Even Forgotten Hollow had a steady flow of sims passing through the square.

How can you get MCCC to increase sims on lot? Not heard of that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    My sims go there on dates.