Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-mades makeover

ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
edited January 31 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Would you like the team to makeover...
Post edited by Thornwillow on

Pre-mades makeover 24 votes

All the families/groups
58%
bandit5MiataPlaylisamwittfriendlysimmersfruitsbasket101Adria22RogueSkinnerannaliese39SERVERFRALady_BalloraCangwenZazzyKittynClarity88LeucosiaX 14 votes
Only base game families/groups
29%
luthienrisingwitchypieKhrisstyneblur0seHavenRosepvrescue1Thornwillow 7 votes
Only old games families/groups
12%
MagdaleenaSiggDiggitskip 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    All the families/groups
    My vote was actually what my daughter said. I've already got Sims from Sims 2, Urbz, and Bustin' Out in my game. Some from the gallery, some I've made. And I'm in the process of getting/making more. I tend to like what others and myself do with them better than Maxis. I don't have any Maxis made Sims in my game.

But my daughter said they'd love it if all the families got makeovers because they do use them.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm honestly neutral on this question. I think that they can make the pre-mades however they want and players can play the game how they want. I have some pre-mades but mostly play with my own sims. I get though that some players really rely on the pre-mades and I think that's a valid type of play. Some people play with them a lot, some don't play with them and some like me, play with them sometimes. I sometimes like to check in on them and to see what I do with them.

I don't think we need to obsess over general lore beyond the really vintage pre-mades because I think that players make the lore when they play and that iconic characters belong to every player. For example, I think Bella can be from any background.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    @ChampandGirlie Yeah, i totally understand and agree that the players should do what they feel better for their gameplay, I just think that EA should get the responsibility to show their characaters as they originally were instead of a whitewashed/lighskinned version of them (like Bella, Cassandra, Dina, Nina, Liberty, Yuki and Dirk), given that the whitewashing was the reason that began this "goal".

Having people on the team to spend a whole year only changing the pre-mades appearence (not adding a trace of lore with likes, dislikes or sentiments) makes me think if we really need this with new characters, that were created to look as they are.

So, in general, I'd be satisfied only having a makeover of the base game,to free them from those dated 2014 looks, and whitewashed dlc's pre-mades.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 31
    None.

I have already all my sims made over by myself

and I don't like it when they necro lore in kids and different faces and whatnot

since I'm here trying to play these sims and it would be awfully weird if their face changes in the middle of story

or that they suddenly have kids with sims they're not married with anymore

also I don't like how they ignore continuity and only focus on sims ethnicities and whatnot with these makeovers of theirs

like sorry but mortimer never had that nose not in ts1 or 2 or any of the spinoffs regardless of his supposed ethnicity
    thats just not Mortimer face feature
    even if it is nice face feature

same about his cheeks he always had puffy cheeks not whatever buccal fat removal they gave him now

ofcourse I can just continue playing my sims but just saying ethnicity does not sim make
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    @ChampandGirlie Yeah, i totally understand and agree that the players should do what they feel better for their gameplay, I just think that EA should get the responsibility to show their characaters as they originally were instead of a whitewashed/lighskinned version of them (like Bella, Cassandra, Dina, Nina, Liberty, Yuki and Dirk), given that the whitewashing was the reason that began this "goal".

Having people on the team to spend a whole year only changing the pre-mades appearence (not adding a trace of lore with likes, dislikes or sentiments) makes me think if we really need this with new characters, that were created to look as they are.

So, in general, I'd be satisfied only having a makeover of the base game,to free them from those dated 2014 looks, and whitewashed dlc's pre-mades.

Oh sure, I'm definitely not going to debate you on that. For one, I agree that stuff from 2014, etc, can definitely be updated. Some of that is old at this point even though I still enjoy the game. About the whitewashing, I completely take your point as well. It's true that the updating of skin tones opened up more inclusivity and the ability to portray the characters differently. I just think that if it comes to players debating the ethnicity of certain characters, I'm staying out of that debate except to say that I think characters like Bella can be whoever we want them to be and from whatever background we want. (I haven't actually played with Bella since TS3 but that's not the point here, lol.)

When it comes to how long it has taken for updates on this stuff, I have no idea how they come up with that timeline but I figure that whoever is updating it is probably also working on other things. However, about what you are saying about updating new pre-mades, I see your point.

On my own end, I read through the lore and pre-mades whenever I'm exploring a new pack but I basically tend to do my own thing like all of the time which sometimes involves going back to pre-mades and pulling them into my game. Sometimes I end up wanting their houses or lots for any of my 100+ households but that's my situation. Lol. I am glad that the game is more inclusive now than it was and that more people see pre-mades that they resonate with. I just like making stuff up myself. Most of the time when I have played with pre-mades, I take them off into some random direction.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    There are so many other things they could spend their time on.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 1
    There is no need to give them makeovers, a lot of them have been around for 10 years and they are good showcases of what kind of sims you could make with the sims4 back in 2014.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    No makeovers! Nope, BIG FAT NO

I really thought I could care less, but after seeing the ones done, looks like I do.

I replace all new ones with old versions and do makeovers myself.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    None, I replace the new versions with the old ones as soon as I start a new save.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    None, please. I agree that it's a waste of resources. Ten years later? We can all remake them ourselves if we want, many of us have, many people are already long used to the old models and changing them isn't going to make players play with them. There's just no point.

Now, if devs really wanted to fix something to pay homage to previous games, I would suggest some of the gameplay. Proper lifetime Aspirations, Sim choices and consequences that matter, more balanced and interesting Traits, and detailed, unbiased simulation that's not skewed in favor of "optimism" so that players can play out real stories full of challenges and obstacles that are relatable to life. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Yeah, I have no interest in the makeovers. We can do makeovers ourselves if we so wish. I have never had any interest in premades anyway.
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    People who liked the original premades: don't want the new ones.
    People who didn't care about the original premades: don't care about about the new ones either.
    People who didn't like the original premades: already gave them makeovers themselves.

Complete waste of time and resources.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    None. Considering how they fumbled the first two make-overs, I don't want to see other families ruined. I thought the point of these make-overs was to make them more lore-accurate and similar to their traditional selves? Mostly in regards to skin-tone, but still. But then we got looks that not only look even more different from the original selves, to the point where some look like different characters altogether. They're not even adding lore or depth to them - they're just modernized looks. What's even the point?

I'd rather resources be spent on improving the game in areas other than aesthetics, especially since these make-overs seem to take so much time and research. But I'd be up for them if the make-overs were better executed, added more lore, gave us new CASSets like clothing to make them look like their old selves.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 4
    Absolutely not. This is waste of time and resources. If a Sim needs a makeover, let the player do it.

Irregardless of the fact that I saved the TS4 Goth family, I still do not like that they gave them a makeover in TS4; they could have waited until TS5 to do this. :/
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Other than playing a few pre-mades for challenges I've never been able to feel the same closeness as with sims I create myself or are born in game. So I wouldn't mind if they're done with the makeovers.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The none option is missing.
    The only thing that would make sense to me is adding proper hot and cold weather outfits to preSeasons premades.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    @83bienchen Sorry. I just assumed they won't stop it because they once said there was a makeover coming for every pre-made in the game and i didn't really liked that specific idea and wanted to know others opinions.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    I don't think they should waste their time on makeovers.
    There is so much to fix and I'd rather have they'd concentrate on the important stuff.
    This game is 9 years old and we are still missing so much stuff of what we got in Sims 3 in 5 years.

They can't make everyone happy with these makeovers anyway.
    Plus the Gallery is full with far better makeovers and so everyone can pick the versions they prefer or edit them by ourselves.
    I got used to the Sims 4 versions and like them as they are.

Lilibeth doesn't agree with me ;)
    17d030ce1ae0a48728043d3aaec2bed78307939e.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    I love doing my own makeovers on the premades so the devs could put that time and effort into other aspects of the game instead.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I would like it if the team stops touching the existing premades.
    Why?

1. Create a Sim exists. DIY.
    2. There are plenty of premade replacements on the gallery. Take yer pick.
    3. The team can’t do a better job than the community, it’s a waste of resources.
    4. There was nothing wrong with the original premades. If individuals believe there is, see 1,2,3.

It’s a single player game for crying out loud. We can change sims to whatever we want them to be in our own game, if necessary. No need for the team to interfere, as other have said, it’s a waste of resources…plus..it’s just an attempt to virtue signal which - in my opinion- is never a good enough reason to make changes to games.

I delete most of the premades, but man, they should’ve left Bella Goth alone. I’m glad I saved her good stunning self and her family at some point in the past.😋
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    All the families/groups

I usually delete all the pre-mades with the exception of a few I can glow up.
    Judith Ward is actually Gwyneth Paltrow when you remove skin details
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    All the families/groups
    They added new features and cas items since then. It'd nice to have them updated to better reflect that.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    None. It is a waste of time and resources.
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    None.
    For those Premades that I'm using as background characters Or for those Premades that I've taken to be part of my played households in my game, I definitely prefer and like to do makeovers for them myself.
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Aaleyn wrote: »
    None.
    For those Premades that I'm using as background characters Or for those Premades that I've taken to be part of my played households in my game, I definitely prefer and like to do makeovers for them myself.

Same here. I honestly don't care about the premades unless I choose to play them (I hardly ever do), or they end up as spouses to my own sims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.