Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Hey there! Really, thanks for that CC list, I explored it yesterday and I found some really cool stuff.
    Great party! Mathew Hamming looks amazing in your game. I like what you did to Elvira too.

@texansky Avery is very cute! Congrats on the baby!
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I've been playing my Paige Legacy Challenge in Praaven and having a lot of fun with it. It is a bit of a challenge to keep the residents in period clothing without everyone looking like carbon copies of one another. I only have so many outfits to work with, so I have been doing a lot of experimenting with shades of color and patterns. I found a carpet swatch that looks like it could be lace and another carpet swatch that works well as a knitted sweater.

This is Rosalyn Funke who is a child in my current game-play. The sleeves on this garment look like lace. On my current publishing schedule, she doesn't even make an appearance in my posts until the most recent census of the population which wouldn't be published until Saturday. At that time, she is just a toddler. The picture below wouldn't be published until 1/27.
    funke_rosalyn_child.jpg

Here's a sneak peek of Bertram as a teen sporting a knitted sweater.
    water_balloon_fight.jpg

Right now, I have five more posts ready to publish, and if I publish three a week as I stated earlier, the most recent one covering my current game-play wouldn't be published until 1/27. I'm making them faster than I am publishing them, and at this rate, I will probably have another five to publish before the end of the coming weekend. Therefore, I am increasing the number of posts a week to four (Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat). We'll see how that goes. I may have to tweak it again if I get too far ahead of my published posts.

So, my next post will be published tomorrow instead of Thursday. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member
    @texansky

Lovely update, congrats on the aging up.

@thuggishsplicer

You are welcome, that list of cc was impressive.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    My new gaming PC should be coming in soon, as soon as it does, I'll be back with more gameplay and responses.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,891 Member
    Generation V Chapter Five: The Baby Shower

Kressida's pregnancy advances and she begins to understand the spotlight her family lives under. As she prepares for her firstborn's arrival she finds herself navigating new territory with celebrity endorsements and privacy concerns emerging.

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options

This was published on my blog this morning. I hope you enjoy the update.

The Paiges of Time: Birthdays Galore

Bertram and Avery both received creepy dolls in the mail from a distant cousin when they were infants. Jarret and Rebeca didn't know what to make of the dolls, but Bertram seemed to like his, so they let the boys keep their dolls to play with.
    bertram_doll.jpg
    avery_doll.jpg

~texansky~ I have no plans to let the dolls come alive. When the boys become teenagers, I will move the dolls to the household inventory and delete them.

When Rebeca finished her painting, she sat at the table to read one of Jarret's cookbooks.
    rebeca_cookbook.jpg

Jarret kept busy cooking, repairing the shower and toilet, and washing clothes in the washtub. He didn't get out fishing very often.

Rebeca spent most of her time tending the garden and teaching skills to Bertram. She completed her lifetime wish of growing the perfect garden. She would go to the grocer periodically and receive about §1,900 per trip for her perfect fruits and vegetables.

It's Bertram's birthday! He has mastered the xylophone and the peg box and has read Finger Painting 101.
    bertram_birthday-1.jpg

Bertram gets the first piece of birthday cake.
    bertram_child.jpg

That same night, Jarret also celebrated his birthday and became an adult.
    jarret_adulthood.jpg

The next day, Avery had his birthday and became a toddler. Rebeca is glad he is no longer a baby, but she's not looking forward to teaching him his skills.
    avery_birthday.jpg
    avery_toddler.jpg

That night, neighbors Rhett and Sabrina Funke came over and watched a burglar take our dresser and mirror. No one was able to stop him, and he got away. Afterward, Rhett and Sabrina were flirting out in the yard.
    sabrina_rhett_funke.jpg

Rebeca has reached adulthood. She appears to be content with her life.
    rebeca_adulthood.jpg

Bertram traveled a great distance to Praaven to attend school. He worked hard and managed to get high marks on his schoolwork. He spent much of his time baking on the toy stove and mastered his cooking skills.

Jarret went to the bookstore and purchased more recipes and the second cookbook in the series. He spent the afternoon reading the recipes and the new cookbook. When he finished reading the last recipe, he completed his lifetime wish of becoming a culinary librarian.

The family managed to survive the short winter. Jarret built a chess table and carved the pieces with care while Rebeca taught Avery to use the potty and walk. Bertram was excited to learn to play and spent weekends practicing.

Rebeca also spent much of her time sewing new outfits for everyone as their other clothing was in the stolen dresser.

~texansky~ My seasons are as follows: 19 for summer, and 3 each for fall, winter, and spring. The full moon is on a ten-day cycle.

Rebeca bathed Avery in the washtub. Once she was finished, she gathered the laundry to wash, so as not to waste the water.
    rebeca_bathes_avery.jpg

A few days later, Jarret taught Avery to talk.

On Friday, Bertram became a teenager. He's a handsome lad. He is a genius, a perfectionist, clumsy, and a hopeless romantic.
    bertram_teen.jpg

Bertram spent some of his time playing with and taking care of Avery; putting him to bed, getting him up, and feeding him on the floor and in the high chair.

~texansky~ I was able to move Bertram's doll Wiggles to the family inventory and sold it.

On Saturday, Avery became a child. He is artistic, athletic, and a technophobe. He has a strong interest in writing.
    avery_child.jpg

Right after his birthday, he wanted to learn to write, so on Sunday Avery went to Praaven to take a writing class at the merchants' guild. Jarret purchased scribbling pads for both boys, and Avery started writing a novel, Adriana Goes to School.

~texansky~ My heirs are going to be the first-born of the first-born throughout the generations - male or female.

This makes Bertram the heir of the second generation. I'm not sure what he will do with his life. He will likely continue the garden and the bees and may do some writing to bring in Simoleons.

I don't think I ever shared Jarret and Rebeca's traits.

Jarret is an angler, handy, a natural cook, a loner, and loves the outdoors.

Rebeca is eco-friendly, a gatherer, has a green thumb, artistic, and nurturing.

In my next post, I will update you on the happenings around town. There have been many babies, couples going steady, getting engaged, or married. A few pets have been adopted as well.
  • Options

@GraceyManor
    I'm glad to hear that your gaming PC will arrive shortly. I wish you a problem-free installation of The Sims 3 and your store content and look forward to reading more of your stories.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    Well my friends, it's been an interesting week to say the least...

The whole US got slammed with arctic weather last weekend and into this week and I hope y'all have been ok throughout it all! (Kept warm and safe. 🙏🏻 <3 ) I praise the Lord that our power never went out during this big freeze because power is our only source of heat! We do not have a backup source unfortunately. :grimace: (Which we plan to change in the future - wood stove!) However we did find an indoor safe propane heater, that uses those green, disposable propane bottles, so at least we found comfort in knowing we had that if things got REALLY bad! 👍🏻 The heat only lasts 5 hours (on low) with those little bottles, but they do have an adapter you can hook to it that hooks into the bigger propane tanks that you use for an outdoor grill and stuff. Anyhoo! That little propane heater is located at Wal-Mart, so go find it and get it if y'all are interested for emergency preparedness. :star: It is times like these I am truly grateful to my religion that has always taught me (us) to have at least a 3 month supply of food, water, and other essentials. 🙌🏻

So anyway, we got about an inch and a half (2 inches in some areas) in my neck of the woods here in Arkansas. And naturally all heck breaks loose over such a small amount of snow. :lol: (This state sure isn't equipped for winter weather the way Utah and other states out West are! :joy: Bless their hearts...) So yeah, school has been closed so far since the snowstorm Sunday night and into Monday (My daughter has been rejoicing! :lol: ). It's my last week of work and I haven't been able to make it in all week because of the snowy, icy roads. The main roads in the city are clear now, but these rural ones...nope. 😐 And I don't think they're ever coming to plow them. The trash truck hasn't even wanted to brave coming down our roads...yeeeeeah y'all. It's nutso! :joy:

But y'all know me, I love the snow 🥰 and I was basking in the beauty of the snowflakes falling so gracefully outside our windows. ❄❄❄ I've missed it. It was short lived, but I enjoyed every minute of it. 💙

Sometimes you just gotta look for the joy in things, even when everything around you feels bleak. It helps keep you going...it really does. 👍🏻

I feel a little bad that I might not be able to spend my last week at work actually working, but...what can do you do? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Would've been nice to have a normal, final paycheck, but *sigh* this is just the way life goes sometimes. Honestly, I'm just glad to be done with the job. :star: I've gotten so many little things accomplished while stuck here at home and it's been so good for my soul y'all I can't even properly convey it. :blush: I deep cleaned our bathroom yesterday and it was seriously the best feeling in the world! (That's how bad I didn't have time for it - and I HATE having a messy, dirty house! :grimace: )

I'm already looking forward to having more free time to get things done in life, play Sims and other games, and write stories when I feel the inspiration. 🥰 I've loved being a part of this community on here and I hope we can keep it alive for many more years to come, despite Sims 3 being 15 years old now. :open_mouth: Does that make any of you feel old? Cause it sure does for me! :joy::grimace:

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. I'm gonna load up my game and dork around for a bit. 🙃

Let me know how y'all are doing and how you've gotten through it. ;) And in the meantime, have fun simming my friends. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

@emorrill
    I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the snow despite the difficulties it brought to your area. I'm sorry you are not able to get to work this week.

So glad to hear that you are going to be more present in your Sims 3 games and on this forum. It's been crickets here.

I feel like I am posting too much as my Paiges of Time posts are appearing almost back to back. I had three of my posts on page 4508 and one on this page. I'm about to publish the one for today after this post.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    The Paiges of Time: Praaven Residents

~texansky~ The world of Praaven has changed a lot. People are getting married and having children. One Sim has passed on. Children are growing into teenagers. I have done my best to update you on the current households.

This was supposed to be published tomorrow, but I got confused because I published a post last week on Thursday and forgot that this was going to be published tomorrow. Enjoy the early release!

This post has a lot of pictures, so I've hidden them in spoilers. Since the passing of Svetlana, there are now 59 residents, which includes pets.

The Amethyst Family:

They live at a farm just outside of Tovar, the nearest village to Lüghaven where the Paige family lives.
    amethyst_johnny.jpg
    Johnny is an elder, age 74. He works at the school in Praaven.

amethyst_ami.jpg
    Ami, age 70, has taken up writing. She will be an elder in three days.

amethyst_danial.jpg
    Danial is a child, age 12, and attends school in Praaven.

amethyst_freebird.jpg
    Freebird is an adult horse, age 27. She will become an elder in 12 days. She enjoys running around in her corral.

ammethyst_razzy.jpg
    Razzy, age 30, will be an elder in 5 days. She likes to hang out around the homestead. She is proud and keeps herself well-groomed.

The Arnett Family:

The Arnetts live on the outskirts of Tovar.
    arnett_willis.jpg
    Willis, age 46, is a substitute teacher in Praaven. After work, he took his son Allen for a walk in the countryside.

arnett_eliza.jpg
    Eliza, age 48, is a teacher's aide at the Praaven school. She is halfway through her pregnancy with their second child.

arnett_allen.jpg
    Allen, age 5, is a toddler. He will be a big brother tomorrow night.

The Baker Family:

They live on a farm outside of the Praaven gates on the road to Mahlsberg.
    baker_heathcliff.jpg
    Heathcliff, age 88, is nearing the end of his life. He is a businessman at the merchants' guild.

Svetlana has passed away at the age of 90.

~texansky~ Unfortunately, I did not get a new picture of Svetlana before she died. After her mother died, Becky moved herself, Topher, and Logan to Brier Square inside the walls of Praaven to live with Marcus Cronin, Logan's father.

The Basham Family:

They live way out in the country off Ridge Trail, leading to a ruined fortress.
    basham_lincoln.jpg
    Lincoln, age 49, keeps the peace in Praaven.

basham_deanna.jpg
    Deanna (nee Moeller), age 48, just joined a musical ensemble at the theater with Aidan Bishop and Irene Funke.

The Bishop Family:

They live near the Baker family on the way to the Abbey of St Wright. They have three toddlers as well as Seamus' brother Aidan.
    bishop_seamus.jpg
    Seamus, age 46, is penning novels.

bishop_gwen.jpg
    Gwen (nee Glover), age 50, works at the merchants' guild.

bishop_galen.jpg
    Galen, age 7.

bishop_alexis.jpg
    Alexis, age 1.

bishop_joann-1.jpg
    Joann, age 1.

~texansky~ Alexis and Joann are twins.

bishop_cymoril.jpg
    Cymoril, age 10, the family cat.

bishop_aidan.jpg
    Aidan, age 44, younger brother of Seamus. He joined the ensemble at the theater with Deanna Basham and Irene Funke.

~texansky~ Their home had a double bed, two single beds, and no cribs. I added three cribs and three bunk beds. I sold the single beds. Two cribs are in the parents' room, and one is in the main room. The bunk beds are in the outbuilding. There was a shower there, so I added a commode, built a wall, and added a door to give the family privacy.
    bishop_home.jpg
    bishop_outbuilding.jpg

The Cronin Family:

They moved in together at Brier Square within the walls of Praaven. Marcus had been living with Blanca Davila and Homer Murrell. Becky, Topher, and Logan were living with her parents. Perhaps they will marry someday.
    cronin_marcus.jpg
    Marcus Cronin, age 45, is a doctor's apprentice.

baker_becky.jpg
    Becky Baker, age 50, is part of the orchestra at the theater with Christian Payne.

baker_topher.jpg
    Topher Baker, age 16, attends school in Praaven. He will be a teenager tomorrow.

cronin_logan.jpg
    Logan Cronin, age 7, is the son of Marcus Cronin and the second son of Becky.

The Davila Family:

Blanca lives on the Praaven docks with Homer Murrell. They are the remaining Sims of my Random Townies group of eight.
    davila_blanca.jpg
    Blanca, age 49, works at the town hall in Praaven.

murrell_homer.jpg
    Homer Murrell, age 47, is a cutpurse.

The Funke Family:

They live in Lüghaven. Their home and the Paige home are on either side of the Golden Flask Inn.
    funke_rhett.jpg
    Rhett, age 52, is a practicing physician.

funke_sabrina.jpg
    Sabrina, age 69, works at the Praaven Gazette.

funke_spencer.jpg
    Spencer, age 26, attends school in Praaven. He works part-time at the alchemy shop.

funke_irene.jpg
    Irene, age 26, attends school in Praaven. She plays in the ensemble at the theater with Deanna Basham and Aidan Bishop.

~texansky~ Spencer and Irene are twins.

funke_carol.jpg
    Carol, age 18, attends school in Praaven. She works part-time at the local bathhouse.

funke_rosalyn.jpg
    Rosalyn, age 7, is the youngest of the children.

The Lestat Family:

Craven lives just outside the village of Tovar, across from the Tovar Church.
    lestat_craven-1.jpg
    Craven, age 69, keeps the peace in Praaven.

lestat_sassy.jpg
    Sassy, age 20, is Craven's constant companion and destroyer of furniture.

The Lum Family:

They live in the village of Mahlsberg by the Williams family.
    lum_theodore.jpg
    Theodore, age 67, works at the Mahlsberg Chapel as a mausoleum clerk.

lum_lily.jpg
    Lily, age 65, is a painter.

lum_lawrence.jpg
    Lawrence, age 30, is a grocery store clerk, working part-time in Mahlsberg. He will be the first of the children in Praaven to become a young adult.

lum_faye.jpg
    Faye, age 8, is the youngest of the family. She is close to becoming a child.

The Martinez Family:

They live at Lüghaven Dell, a remote home outside of Lüghaven.
    martinez_pablo.jpg
    Pablo, age 68, keeps the peace in Praaven.

martinez_jennifer.jpg
    Jennifer, age 67, works at the town hall in Praaven.

martinez_adriane.jpg
    Adriane, age 9, will be a child tomorrow.

martinez_rochelle.jpg
    Rochelle, age 3, is the youngest of the family.

martinez_joy.jpg
    Joy, age 13, was adopted into the family shortly after they moved to Praaven.

The Paige Family:

My legacy family lives in the village of Lüghaven, next to the Golden Flask Inn.
    paige_jarret.jpg
    Jarret, age 64, is a fisherman by trade.

paige_rebeca.jpg
    Rebeca, age 62, keeps the family garden and makes Simoleons by selling her produce to the grocers.

paige_bertram.jpg
    Bertram, age 22, attends school at Praaven.

paige_avery.jpg
    Avery, age 14, attends school at Praaven. He will be a teenager in three days.

The Payne Family:

They live in the village of Mahlsberg, next to The King's Inn.
    payne_christian.jpg
    Christian, age 48, plays in the orchestra at the theater with Becky Baker.

payne_bianca.jpg
    Bianca (nee Larkin), age 49, attends to the order of chivalry by doing laundry and housekeeping.

payne_cindy.jpg
    Cindy, age 8, is the only child of Christian and Bianca. She will become an older sister by tomorrow morning.

payne_charlotte.jpg
    Charlotte, age 20, is Christian's faithful companion.

The Stover Family:

Eli Stover and Anitra Clarke are not currently married. They are the parents of Karrie Clarke. The three of them used to live in the Davila household with Blanca Davila, Marcus Cronin, and Homer Murrell.

They now live together between the market and the southern tournament grounds in the village of Tovar. Hopefully, this will encourage them to marry.
    stover_eli.jpg
    Eli Stover, age 46, keeps the peace in Praaven.

clarke_anitra.jpg
    Anitra Clarke, age 46, just delivered a baby. The father is Eli Stover. She works at the merchants' guild.

~texansky~ And apparently, she is pregnant again. The game time progressed about a day while I was doing my census and taking pictures.

clarke_karrie.jpg
    Karrie Clarke, age 1, was born today.

~texansky~ I followed Anitra home and witnessed the birth of Karrie.

The Williams Family:

They live in the village of Mahlsberg near the Mahlsberg staging post.
    williams_marley.jpg
    Marley, age 68, is a scribe who pens novellas.

williams_aimee-1.jpg
    Aimee, age 69, tends to take things that don't belong to her.

williams_malika.jpg
    Malika, age 17, attends school in Praaven. She will soon be a teenager.

williams_teri.jpg
    Teri, age 9, will soon be a child.

williams_justina.jpg
    Justina, age 4, is the youngest child of the Williams family.

The Wozny Family:

He lives in the village of Mahlsberg between the Payne and Lum families.
    wozny_holden.jpg
    Holden, age 47, is a writer.

wozny_fitz.jpg
    Fitz, age 12, the family cat.

~texansky~ I will try to update you on local news as it happens during my gameplay in the future. It takes so long to go through the residents to take pictures, and the population is growing every day.
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Options
    @emorrill

I have an exam online with my teacher on Monday morning so been studying for that,
    but those are quite easy as they only ask 3-4 questions.
    Enjoy the final week of work, then you can do what you want for a while.
  • Options
    @texansky

Great updates, you do great job with that
    world.
  • Options

@Silverofdreams30

Thank you. It takes a bit of time to make sure the Sims are wearing appropriate attire for the period when I take screenshots. I decided to only change their everyday outfit from now on instead of changing every outfit when I take them to the stylist. For the most part, I only change the hair if they are bald or it doesn't suit them.

I added a bunch of default replacements from MsPoodle recently (household tools, homework, newspaper, laundry bags, garbage bags, etc), and haven't had any problems with anything so far. I haven't seen them use the household tools yet, because they haven't had the opportunity to fix things or clean anything when I was watching. Avery is neat, and he cleans everything before I realize something needs cleaning.

I've been working on using more storytelling and dialog in my blog posts, so it takes longer for me to prepare each post. However, I've still got plenty of posts scheduled to be published up to next Friday, and another one in the works. It's a good thing I can multitask because I have at the minimum four browser tabs open, and up to 30 or more regularly. :smiley:
  • Options
    @emorrill I do hope you guys are all okay with this weather. I read something about it another day and a friend of mine in Oklahoma showed me a few pictures of the snow flurries there.

I'm okay. However it's summer here in the south and what a summer! When it isn't too hot, it's too rainy and my city has been faced with water and energy problems. I've got some, but not for too many days.
    Vacation is almost over which means that I won't have much time for games and stuff. I'm even having some trouble to keep interest in my sims.

@texansky I do love your updates, keep them coming

@Silverofdreams30 Have a nice test!
  • Options
    A Year of Evergreen: Favourite Screenshots

It’s finally here! Kicking off the month-long celebrations of the first anniversary of The Evergreen Legacy with a selection of screenshots I’ve loved from all of the generations! Are your favourites in there?

2xwidn7xgpck.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @emorrill I am glad you are okay my dear friend. I think it's okay to do very little your last week working as well, but I understand about normal paychecks.
    We didn't get hit hard with the snow, which feels weird that other parts of the country (except Buffalo) got hit harder than us in NY (southern NY at least). My week had a snow day in it, but we probably could've gone in if the schools were open.
    Today was...well...was a day. Lots of stuff happening some not good and some just added to the pile of life. Grateful I have my SIMS games (and other games) to play in and relax. It's supposed to be bitter cold here, I guess we're finally getting the cold my friends in Oklahoma were experiencing all week. I'm planning to go to the local gaming store to hang out with some friends and play some tabletop games for a few hours.

At home we set up a heated cat house/animal shelter for the stray cats that have been hanging in our yard. They take turns using it. Our neighbor across the way has 2 set up, so I think the popular strays (the ones we all see regularly) have a safe place.

Maybe I'll do the same in my SIMS game. I made one of the little girls in my game take on the Cat lover trait. It would fit in nicely with her personality.

I hope those that have been experiencing severe weather are safe and hopefully warm. Those experiencing the nice weather ENJOY! I know you'll be cold when the US slides into Summer in about 5 months.

Happy Simming all!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Hi, everyone!

I'm back to playing the Peddlers in Hidden Springs. The week is almost over and I decided I'll move them to Lucky Palms as soon as David, the teenager, ages up.

53475689926_16edcf032e_c.jpg

Speaking of aging, Adrianne is now an elder. I can't believe that a family that I started in 2019 is finally in their fifth generation.

53475690746_87043577e4_c.jpg

I often dye the elders' hair and give them a makeover similar to what they wore as adults. I like this idea to make the sleeves of this top look like they're see-through.

53476000839_75def5f768_c.jpg

I also try to make Nathan and his older brother William talk daily so that they can be buddies. Back in Twinbrook they barely know each other.

I also consider learning a bit of video editing and start a "current household" series on Youtube. I realized that when TS3 is recorded, the game gets pretty dark. I may have to record it in windowed mode. We'll see.

Have a great weekend!
    Happy simming!

• Options
    Sadly the game won't run on Windows 11. It just refuses to launch even with alder patch installed. Guess I wont be on.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    I wish I could help @GraceyManor
    There must be a way to make the game work. I hope you will find it.
  • Options
    I finally got it running, but now when I went back into play again, my expansion packs are installed, but the content for them are missing.
  • Options
    @thuggishsplicer

Thank you,
    great update.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,146 Member
    Hello again folks.. still working on my world. I have built plenty of new houses since last time. I probably should have made my own thread about it (I'm thinking about it, but I want it to be a thread presenting a (more or less...) finished product, not a thread to walk people through every step of the way of my struggles to get the project done..)....

..but anyway.. so, just now I accomplished something I wasn't expecting to accomplish. It only took me all day so far, but still...

.. after some hours of trial and error, I managed to actually export and import the save file of the town into a .world file to open it with the Create a world tool.. and save it too, without the CAW tool crashing.. for now...

So now I can see all the lots I have built so far in the CAW tool as well, and not just in a save file in the actual game. If this works, I think it will be better.. because it makes me atleast feel the world is a little more complete if this can be successfully exported and then opened up in game just like that without needing to load a save file as well. ;)

VPyKUt8.png
    So yeah.. current view in the CAW tool. A lot of the lots in the background there where empty before, now they're not!

6X5vqRD.jpg
    Closest thing I have to a 'before' image is this shot from in game, showing the now built on area from above. Now all lots here are buiit on except for one that is uh.. somewhere in there. I think it was one right next to the theatre (the building with a green roof by the bay on the left).

0m7uJS0.png

As mentioned, there was quite a bit of trial and error, but what worked for me was to import the save file into a world file that was stripped of pretty much everything except the terrain. And somehow importing the save file into the 'empty' file reduced it's file size from 153 484 kB to 80 778 kb somehow.. don't ask me how apparently saving more into a file reduces its size, because I have no idea! I guess it's just some of that mysterious computer magic that I'll never understand.... but for now, if this actually will prove to result in an editable world file, I'll take that as a good thing..

Until next time...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I finally got it running, but now when I went back into play again, my expansion packs are installed, but the content for them are missing.

Oh no! I think I saw a thread a while back about Windows 11 and the game. I've been reluctant to upgrade because I want to play my beloved game forever! Let us know if you're finding success with it soon. I would miss stories if you had to stop playing. *hugs*
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options

@GraceyManor @MamaSimTee
    I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 15z-ec200 with a bit of customization. It came with Windows 11 and I have not had any issues with the game at all. I'm on the disk version 1.67 to avoid all of the headaches with EA and not being able to Edit in Game in CAW. I also made sure that One Drive was disabled because that moves files from the Documents directory to One Drive and messes with TS3.

If you are using One Drive, you might want to remove the Electronic Arts file completely from One Drive. Be sure to copy it to an external drive or a thumb drive before you do this in case it deletes it from your hard drive as well. I'm not very proficient in setting up One Drive and the backup stuff it does since I never use it, but I'm sure someone else can elaborate on how to do this or provide a link to a discussion on it.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Generation V Chapter Six: Parenthood

Kressida and Billy celebrate their first child's arrival while Hattie embarks on a new career opportunity.

Screenshot-69-1.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top