Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened to Your Pancakes?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 964 Member
    I didn't do any makeover, but as you stated, the game has been out for decades. Details follow later.
  • Options
    WattTheNagWattTheNag Posts: 55 Member
    My main family are still friends with them and on the matriarch’s visit to their house today, I was surprised to find this:

An elder Bob and Eliza with their young adult son, his husband and their son (Bob and Eliza’s grandson) who is a child 😉
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @BoergeAarg61 can't wait for the update.

• Options
    More on the Pancake family.

Bob and Eliza had two children. Their son Hans is the youngest one and still lives in the original Pancake resident.
    Akaya and Mariko Sakamoto moved in from the library when Bob and Eliza died, and Erling Kofod joined the household later.

14_01_13.png

Here are the urns of Bob and Eliza.

14_01_14.png

Bob and Eliza also had a daugter called Marianne. She lives with Jonas Bheeda in Oasis Springs.

14_01_15.png
  • Options
    Update 5: The I'm ticked off edition

Bob wasn't at the party, don't know if you noticed. He was home...but where is a mystery. He showed up after Iggy went to bed.
    eedUiWy.jpg

So here's why I'm mad. Girl in the gold dress above is a descendent of one of my oldest families. She went home from the party and must have lingered outside. This is one of my played sims. In no way should the game ever randomly kill your other played families (neighborhood stories and all that crap is off in settings). She is my sim and I expect her to be there when I play her again. I'm really angry that this happened. Oh well, it's been added to the story. Still mad.
    JRbvuka.jpg

But good thing I have this...and I know what you're thinking...Misty, what a beautiful lot. You must have put so much thought and effort into it. And I will say, yes, I'm glad you can tell. I spent 4 days building and decorating this lot just so that I would have a place to buy ambrosia when I need it.
    PYpgYv2.jpg

Moving on...

The next day was Harvestfest and it started with a fire! I cannot tell you how or why this fire started, but Eliza's yoga mat went out in a blazing glory!

This is the moment Bob realized something was really wrong with Eliza. (What a perfectly caught picture)
    e8Y9AS7.jpg

After seeing that scene, I decided Bob would at least make an effort to pick up the slack after realizing so I sent him off to make the grand meal. He got sidetracked and everyone ended up in the kitchen eating. There's Iggy's newer makeover.
    6UTwjI5.jpg

Bob has been spending more time with Iggy. Here they are cussing out the TV together. And me not realizing the frozen lady's urn is in my sofa!
    rbucuxU.jpg

Of all the things that could happen...are you kidding me. My second time ever since 2014!
    Qq9rLZO.jpg

Here's the thing...I don't know what these fools are talking about, but somehow Eliza now adores Bob!
    JD5w3C9.jpg

And Eliza and Iggy are now closer, too. Could this be the spark of working things out??
    bvDSt9B.jpg

Eliza got the want to share her fears about being cheated on so she did. And Iggy was like...you better not hurt my momma's feelings!
    nzXf7nP.jpg

Bob and Iggy finally make it to friends and Bob is getting sentimental.
    PbxjNXf.jpg

At some point Bob ended up in a flirty mood and he successfully woo'd the hoo.
    ODrexX2.jpg

I'm pretending that this guy brought Iggy a belated birthday gift, but it was just for being a nice neighbor.
    GAHms8l.jpg

Back to cooking that grand meal now that he's satisfied. ;)
    ziK9H8h.jpg

Bob used to get to the food first so that Iggy and Eliza always sat on the other side of the table, but now Iggy gets there first so Eliza and Bob sit together. This is great and I'm adding it to their "get it together" story.
    RrdX6MD.jpg

Bob went into a food coma,
    TbGpuMu.jpg

then helped Iggy with his homework.
    AZTNotb.jpg

The neighbors standing around garbage cans chatting is hilarious!
    FigA3d1.jpg

I dragged the urn outside until I play with that other family and figure out what to do with it.
    5H6ZUg1.jpg

Eliza and Iggy head to the Magnolia Market for some new clothes and portraits of Iggy.
    TZVVvJt.jpg

• Options
    @BoergeAarg61 Thanks for sharing!

First, I need to know why there is a bathroom at the front of the house? Unconnected?

Glad to see one of their kids still living there with roommates. To be honest, I bulldoze all the lots and I just realized I have no idea what their original home looks like.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    I don't take pictures in game usually because I don't like that there is no "family album" feature where I can write stories and scrapbook. :-(

BUUUUT...

In my game Eliza got pregnant with Iggy after a dinner party she threw for her "fancy friends" Alice and Eric Kim-Lewis and Bella and Mortimer Goth. Eliza was really trying to "get in" with the richer crowd and had taken up painting to connect with Alice. She had a secret fantasy that she would run away with Eric, as they seemed to have so much in common, but satisfied those urges by just pretending to be Alice and spending a lot of time painting with her. Bella was obviously classy and rich so naturally Eliza was eager to befriend her as well.

Bob just went along with the party to fulfill that part of his aspiration to be a chef, but Eliza was really happy at how well the evening went, and for the first time in…forever…they shared the same bed. Along came Iggy.

The Pancakes expanded the basement to make room for a playroom and Iggy’s bedroom rather than have Bob and Eliza share rooms… As tensions increased between Bob and Eliza with parenthood, Eliza increasingly looked for ways to escape the marriage, leaving Bob to care for Iggy. When Bella suggested that Alice and Eliza go on a girls weekend to Oasis Springs, Eliza jumped at the chance to get away.

Bella had some “top secret business” to attend to at Planet Honey Pop, using Alice and Eliza as her cover of “girls night out,” she ditched them at the bar. It was then that Alice pointed out Don Lothario, whispering to Eliza how she wished she “could taste some of that.” Eliza, a few drinks in, decided to prove she was cool to Alice by grabbing Don’s attention.

She bought him a drink and he joined the pair as they sat at the bar, and then the couch. When Bella returned, she overheard Don bragging to the girls “ya, I have a whole pool house to myself, the Landgraabs own everything around here, I’m pretty much their right hand man.” Bella couldn’t believe her luck. She had been searching for a way into the Landgraab estate for months so she suggested they all head back to his place for a refreshment.

Upon arriving to the Landgraab estate, Alice was entranced by the views and busted out her easel to paint the desert vista till sunrise while Bella shot upstairs to rummage through the family bookcases to search for incriminating evidence. That left Eliza and Don sitting by the new pool…and then in the new hot tub…and then on the bed in the new pool house Nancy demanded be built for him after her frenemy Katrina kicked him out for three timing her with her daughters.

Eliza could not resist Don’s charm and they shared a steamy night together. A stymied Bella, elated Alice and guilty Eliza stumbled back to their rental and they all didn’t talk much on the way home to Willow Creek.

Eliza soon discovered that she was pregnant…and since Bob could not be the father, that meant the mysterious Don figure was. Eliza was ashamed of herself and did not want to face the scandal if her fancy friends knew she was a no good philanderer.

To hide the truth Eliza decided to woohoo Bob and pass the baby off as his. So she cleaned the whole house and didn’t nag Bob at all when he got home, then seduced him. Soon after she gave birth to a baby girl they named Daisy.

The little girl melted Bob’s heart. He sat for hours with her in the high chair trying new foods. Bob worked hard to support his growing family, rising up the career ladder while Eliza started selling some emotional paintings and really delved into renovating the home with fancy things bought with Bob's money.

Then one day the Goths invited the whole family to Cassandra’s wedding. The team dressed in their finest and Eliza was especially proud of Daisy’s cute little outfit, as she was growing into quite the little charmer.

They walked into the Credenza Lounge where the ceremony was being held and there was Don - the groom. Cassandra had met Don while she was attending a music seminar in Oasis Springs. He had wormed his way into her heart after learning she came from a wealthy southern family, and after exhausting all the possible conquests in Oasis Springs.

Eliza expertly avoided Don and ushered the family home, claiming she had a headache. But Don saw Eliza and the whole family, saw the little girl, noticed the way Bob and Iggy shared similarities that Daisy did not, noticed that Eliza and Bob did not share a single smile.

After they arrived home, Eliza put the kids to sleep and began to paint an emotional painting on her porch. It was then that Don arrived, drunk on juice after being left at the alter for making a pass at Bella, the mother of the bride. Don called up to Eliza loudly, “is she mine?” The neighbors started peering out of their windows as he recounted the evening they had spent together and his perception of the family dynamics, knocking on the door. Eliza told him to go away and that she had never met him, but Bob overheard everything.

Eliza came downstairs to shoo Don away but Bob had already opened the door. Bob looked to Eliza and asked if it was true. Eliza broke down sobbing that yes it was true.

Don begged to stay and get to know his daughter while Bob sat in shock. Eventually Bob stood up and slowly walked upstairs. He packed his hiking bag, booked an indefinite stay at a cabin in Granite Falls, and left.

Bob did a lot of solitary hiking in the woods until finally stumbling upon the hermit. They got along swimmingly and Bob stayed with him for a whole year, collecting mushrooms, healing his heart, and learning herbalism. Bob was declared missing.

Meanwhile Don had made himself comfortable in his new home and having completed his serial romantic aspiration was looking to pursue other passions than wooing everyone. He became a trainer at the gym and enjoyed his occasional rendezvous with the patrons of the gym. He and Eliza also started hooking up. It was the closest Don had ever been to being in love. Eliza didn’t seem to mind when he came home smelling of different shampoo.

Iggy however, was not pleased with this new arrangement. He loathed Don. Daisy however, seemed to get along with her new real dad who was very doting on her, and while she did wonder where her first dad Bob was, she was losing her recollection of him.

After a year away, Bob decided to leave the woods. He was fitter than ever and full of rugged skills, hopeful that it had all been a dream. He returned home to find that Eliza had turned his room into Don’s gym and Don was sharing her bed. Iggy ran to the door and wouldn’t stop clinging to his dad. Daisy also hugged him fiercely. Eliza explained that it had never worked, Don would be staying, and asked for a divorce. Iggy demanded to go with his dad.

Bob and Iggy moved into the old trailer in Oasis Springs to start fresh. Bob started working as a chef and Iggy started a new school. Bob then met Katrina Caliente and they were surprised to discover that the same man had ruined both of their lives. After bonding over their shared experiences they quickly realized their compatibility, and Bob and Iggy moved in with Katrina, who finally felt she had met her soulmate.

Bob later gave birth to twin aliens... but that tale is for another day.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @HopeyStarr It's fun seeing the different ways Iggy turns out. Do you play as Bob and Iggy?

I do enjoy playing with Bob and Iggy, but they are not alone. Bob got abducted by aliens after his separation from Eliza and Comet Pancakes was born:
    rP8bYeX.png
    UsAUvhj.png

Comet helps Bob run the food stall sometimes.
    78goG2n.png

Bob is doing his best as a single dad.
    NUbXfnS.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    edited January 16
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @BoergeAarg61 Thanks for sharing!

First, I need to know why there is a bathroom at the front of the house? Unconnected?

The household needed a toilet in ground floor, That is the only place I could find for it. They don't mind using that outdoor bathroom when needed.

Edit: The rest of ground floor looks like this.

16_01_15.png

16_01_16.png

I could hardly find a point to connect the bathroom to.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited January 16
    I kicked them out at the very beginning of playing, as I do most all townies. I already know from the sims 1 npc are kind of blank, and I went straight to inventing my own save. Sometimes I hear stories form other simmers that make me curious. I have a save elsewhere I check on the base game families and lots.

Sims 4 Townies
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s stories! I have played the family many times, one time they adopted a son then promptly had triplets, another time Eliza left Bob for J Huntington and had kids with him (Bob remarried and had a daughter due to MCCC in that save). In my current save they were living in a gross apartment I made for the new pack, but much like @Mstybl95 Eliza won the lottery shortly after I started playing them. I considered quitting without saving since that wasn’t my plan for them, but decided to go with it because I’ve only had a Sim win once before. Right now they are living in a nice house in NewCrest with their new baby Maci (I have never downloaded them with Iggy). I’m playing this save on rotation so not a lot is happening with them yet, Eliza is a stay at home mom, and Bob is a food critic. I’m thinking of letting them have one or two more kids, but I haven’t completely decided where their story shall go this time.
    fG9Mb09.png

• Options
    @simopolis - Thanks for sharing that story! I love that other families are intertwined and that there was a good ending for all of them. I was worried for poor Iggy. In my opinion, Don and Eliza are exactly the type that should end up together.
  • Options
    @HopeyStarr - COMET IS SO CUUUUTEEE!

I did not know kids could tend the stand. :D
  • Options
    @Kita5399 - I love going with the flow. I'm going to use Eliza winning the lotto as a springboard for her trying hard to get in elite groups, but Bob and his nastiness will most likely ruin it all.

Your family pic is adorable and I like Eliza's style. Maci looks like such a sweet baby and, whoa, Bob has got it together. :D I also play on rotation and have been finally turning all of my "apartments" into proper homes filled with proper families. I had a blast playing the pancakes for now. I'll return as I rotate.

• Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 258 Member
    @BoergeAarg61

16_01_16.png

I made a bathroom with a sink and toilet where you put the shower. It functions just fine too.

• Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hey simmers this thread got me wondering about the Pancakes in my main save, I remember visiting them for a brief time to give them all makeovers and to turn their eldest daughter into a "preteen" (Body preset).

However, yesterday I played a little when them for a bit.

Eliza Pancakes seemed to have had been having an affair with Geoffrey landgrab, well until his untimely death by Neighborhood stories.... though surprisingly her and Bob's relationship was still high in romance and friendship, so she decided to confess to Bob to have cheated on him, to come clean, it seemed like they were in it to win it and this hurt Eliza's perfectionistness but she did it.

Bob Pancakes was hurt and horrified by Eliza's cheating and had his justful moments but eventually they seemed to work it out together even with the sentiments between them. Turns out Bob got himself in shape by Yoga, as he had the level nine skill in it. He was in the Chef career and doing well despite his gloomy tendencies. Eliza always is there to listen and lift him out of those moments, or at least to try, giving him space and looking after the kids in those hard moments.

Meanwhile Eliza was trying out a Banking CC career of mine and doing well fell into a midlife crisis (my first one!) and wanted to be more artistic which fit since she had that abandoned easel, so trying to help her through that. She is still a neat freak but is pleased to see Bob will take out the trash even though he is a slob.

They have two children (Cherry and Peach, I must have had MCC let me name them heh).

Cherry Pancakes had the trait good, so I was trying to figure out who Cherry was. She took to her writing journal so that was a type of direction, I decided to age her up to teen and see what trait she rolled but kinda got the gist, she wants to help others, her journal is full of research and facts about her parents marriage struggles and her dads depression as well as her little sister erratic tendencies. When she aged up to a teen, she rolled bookworm, so I got her, her own bookcase and filled it with the emotional books, I never had a sim read those but I am thinking she would study those types of things. Now that it is summer in my game, I have a mod for summer Camps, Cherry signed up for a Academic camp and has really loved it. Cherry loves cooking alongside her dad as their activity and with Eliza going to the spa, she often strives to meet Eliza's expectations of her, and doubly so since her sister is pretty special and won't be able too.

Speaking of Peach Pancakes is erratic and it shows, she often in her own little world with her toys and dolls and herself muttering about things that would not seem intertwined together or make sense really to anyone else. Sometime she has fits and hisses and scratches at the air, other time she stomps around calling everyone a Flarm, whatever that is and freaking out at them, then that same night being affectionate and cuddly. Thankfully, her parents and sister have learn to take her as she is in that moment, they worry, what will be her life? Yet they try to focus on each day. Bob and Eliza spend time with their daughter either playing dolls or watching T.V. even if her mumbling or random lash outs they loved her dearly, even Eliza shelved her perfectionist tendencies for this special little bean. Thinking it might be a good idea to help Peach express, they signed her up for theater camp.

Here are some pictures.
    Here is bob and his two daughters Cherry in the purple and Peach in the orange.
    53470271586_3aebbe4ffa_c.jpg

Cherry as a teenager (with height sliders) Bob has promised to give her room a more teen makeover by hiring a Home decorator and also keep cooking with her now that she can truly learn.
    53470695815_dd1143216c_c.jpg

This is a random picture of an evening, Cherry is working on her research notebook, Eliza just got in from work to enjoy Bob's cooking (Bob is either canning or watching T.V. I forgot which) While peach finish eating as well and is trying to figure out what Peach wants to do next.
    53470591329_d32530831e_c.jpg

• Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 18
    So far, I have deleted them from each save I've had, because the name is too silly and Eliza is annoying. Maybe one day I'll have more patience for them, but that day is yet to come.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I had played them once in my randomized file. I put Eliza through college and through her skills, she became a stylist! (Oh and Bob made good work on his career) ...and then I never played them again so they fell off the played households into the unplayed households list. And Neighborhood Stories killed off Bob. ALAS AND WOE! And it ignores Eliza so I see who it favors.

...honestly, I do have the idea to turn the lot into a Maker-Community Space at some point. I have space folks and I realized that would probably be the most fitting lot to put a rocket-ship on. Feels weird rocket ships are mostly just thought of as just a singular personal transport considering the amount of work it takes to make one in reality. That being said, most of the rocket-ship owners are still the type to have their own personal one anyway. :P Still, it would require Eliza moving out and another household (the BFF's) moving into another lot I have an eye on for them specificlly. Then by the power of TWO space-journeying households, can we make a community lot for SPACE EXPLORATION! That being said, Eliza's not going to move out automatically. It would only take her death... (Also the BFF's haven't been played in a bit sooooo yeah)

I did also play that Juneteenth-inspired limited scenario with them as well in another file, since it felt fitting for them to do. The one with the extra grilling stuff and the grill party. Bit of a shame we don't have any other cookouts than the Outdoor Retreat one. Eliza had an affair with...I think Sergio Paolo. Been awhile, don't quite remember.

Still have a fondness for this face-of-the-Sims-4 family. Wonder if Iggy will ever be patched in.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    Haven't played them yet, but in one of my PC saves, while waiting for a Sim to have their baby, I checked Neighborhood stories.
    The Pancakes in that save adopted a child into their family.
    In most saves they always tend to adopt, rarely do I get the notification that Eliza is pregnant with another baby, but is has happened. The adoption notification for them is the most normal.
    Ironically, Bella and Mortimer Goth always has Bella pregnant with their next baby, and never adopt.
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    Wow, very cool! I love your style and the house they're living in. They have a lot of character already with so very few words. It is so incredibly different from what I did in my save file, it is super refreshing to see!

I leaned very heavily into Eliza's snobbish (imo controlling) character, secretly desiring to be some sort of wine-mom or rich bored housewife she sees on tv. But this wasn't written in the stars for her. Bob's passion for cooking sort of fizzled out, feeling a lot of pressure from his wife ánd his work life no doubt - working in a kitchen is stressful. I let his hair grow out a bit, he has a nice afro. He wears clothing he feels comfortable in, but at parties he's got to follow Eliza's styling directions.

Eliza adopted a poodle (Lady) and she became a teacher, which I thought was perfect for her character. Probably not everyone's favourite teacher. I gave her a perm and a suit to wear. She reminds me of a 90's teacher. Heavy framed glasses. She's far more ambitious and does aim to reach the top of her career. She preferably rubs shoulders with the rich people, and definitly not the unwashed masses.

They have a child, Iggy of course.

Eliza is, coincidentally (not really), also a walking plasmabag for Vlad.
  • Options
    WattTheNagWattTheNag Posts: 55 Member
    I started a new save today because I fancied doing a rotational play of some of the pre mades for a bit.

I started off with Bob and Eliza. Bob did lots of cooking and gaming while Eliza spent time painting and crafting and got a job as a painter.

Bob got the want to try for a baby very quickly so I had them go for it and Eliza got pregnant immediately. She carried on working right until the end of her pregnancy and baby Malachi was born. Bob was immediately a doting father and they have been taking turns taking family leave to do parenting duties. At the moment he’s an infant and Bob is already getting the try for baby want again. I think I’ll wait until he gets past toddlerhood though because two tiny kids are a lot even in the sims 😆

Eliza has become good friends with a random townie called Alisha. Bob on the other hand is happy being a loner and just cooking, gaming and taking care of his infant son so far.

Stay tuned for more.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    Other than a make-over I never did anything actively with them myself, but the game has done several fun things. With MCCC, they almost always divorce right off the bat in my game. In the save I played the longest, Bob fairly quickly found a new wife who had a child and they then had a bunch of kids themselves. Eliza was single for a long time, but then one day she was suddenly married to one of the rich widows in town. So in my head, a part of their unhappy marriage is due to Eliza not being ready to admit that she's really gay and would prefer living with a woman. I like to think that they were both happy in their own way. Eliza got rich, found her true self and the love of her life and lived to a very old age, Bob had lots of kids and grandkids.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    You guys convinced me to get MCCC...seems like it helps make things more lively. I've been so scared of that mod since I play rotational and don't like story progression, but the other features swayed me. I can't believe the townies that thing is creating! Like what!?

Anyhow, thank you all for sharing your stories. I read them all last night before I went to bed. I love how different we all play and how different their lives can be.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    As long as you keep your rotational sims as played characters, MCCC won't touch them, so there is no need to worry about that. You can also adjust the settings to fit what you're comfortable with.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!